Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mister Gooniverse
Dec 1, 2003

Most Valued Poster
2003-2012

I've been working out pretty heavily for about 6 weeks now and I'm getting pretty ripped. I'm stoked with my guns, and in general I'm just feeling far superior to most other guys I meet.

However, for one reason or another, I haven't had much luck with the ladies. I did an intense workout yesterday and today my muscles are aching. I was about to go to sleep for the night when I thought "hey, jerking off would be kind of nice" but then I got to wondering if this would have any affect on my muscle repairing abilities? I mean, if my body has to reproduce semen after I jerk off, would it not be taking away vital testosterone that my muscles need to repair?

I have heard that athletes abstain from sex and masturbation for months before their big events so I'm sure there's something to this and everyone is just afraid to ask.

I would Google this but my parents use this computer too and I don't want "jerking off muscle repair" or some other weird poo poo to appear in the web history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckySevens
Feb 16, 2004

fear not failure, fear only the limitations of our dreams

This really should be in Watch & Weight, you'll get better advice about gun sculpting, masturbation, and you.

davy jones
Jan 3, 2007

BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY ROCKIN EVERWHERE

I'll let you in on a little bodybuilding secret. Masturbate into a cup and drink it afterwards. That way you won't lose any of that precious testosterone.

CrakSt
Jan 1, 2007

Excuse me, do these effectively hide my thunder?

Mister Gooniverse posted:

However, for one reason or another, I haven't had much luck with the ladies.

So I take it things didn't work out with your cousin?

That was you right?

I miss search

Dirty Rob
Aug 10, 2004

by Fistgrrl

You should jerk off before your workout also. Ejaculation releases a hormone into the muscles, which loosens them up somewhat to enable heavier lifting.

Demented Ferret
Oct 22, 2004
Teh Sexual Ferret

You'll be absolutely fine jacking it here and there, I can't imagine there'd be a hugely detrimental effect on muscle-repair/gain, testosterone levels won't drop significantly after masturbation, if at all (testosterone is produced in the testicles, but I'm fairly sure only a very little is expelled in the ejaculate).

Rex the Jones
Oct 1, 2007

Keep up the fake posts.

Dognostic
Mar 12, 2003

by Fragmaster

Dirty Rob posted:

You should jerk off before your workout also. Ejaculation releases a hormone into the muscles, which loosens them up somewhat to enable heavier lifting.
You should probably jerk off during workout sessions too. It lets the ladies at the gym know you're on the market.

rangergirl
Jun 2, 2004
A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer

davy jones posted:

I'll let you in on a little bodybuilding secret. Masturbate into a cup and drink it afterwards. That way you won't lose any of that precious testosterone.

Why not take it a step further? I'm sure you could find some guys in the locker room willing to donate some spare testosterone.

Huns
Apr 27, 2004

True Grit

In my experience it's impossible to start/continue working out without a gain in sex drive. Do you really want to blueball it because .04 micrograms of testosterone got squirted out? If you queue it up long enough your body will eliminate it anyway.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

This has definitely been discussed in W&W. The thread was pages long and I wouldn't be surprised if it got goldmined.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Chief Quality Inspector of Donner Kebab & Coffee Inc.

6 weeks of training and getting pretty ripped

agentxavier
Mar 4, 2006
Oops

NihilismNow posted:

6 weeks of training and getting pretty ripped
Roids

Brandis
Feb 22, 2003

by Ozma

Mister Gooniverse posted:

I'm stoked with my guns, and in general I'm just feeling far superior to most other guys I meet.

You're kind of lame.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006

Let's put a smile on that face.

I think the amount of protein and testosterone you'd lose in your ejaculate would be trivial and easily replaced. Jerk away.

On another note, how intensely and for how long does one need to work out in order to get ripped? I've been going to the gym on a semi-regular basis for years and whilst I've noticed some satisfying gains I hardly look like a comic book superhero.

Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Just jerk off while drinking a protein shake.

WeK
Oct 17, 2004
The One And Only

Baron Bifford posted:

I think the amount of protein and testosterone you'd lose in your ejaculate would be trivial and easily replaced. Jerk away.

On another note, how intensely and for how long does one need to work out in order to get ripped? I've been going to the gym on a semi-regular basis for years and whilst I've noticed some satisfying gains I hardly look like a comic book superhero.

More than half the work is in your diet, eat in accordance to what your trying to achieve. (Bulk/Clean Bulk/Cut) Lift in accordance to what your trying to achieve as well. (# of Sets/Reps/Cardio)

Harrm
Dec 10, 2005

by Fragmaster

I read somewhere that camel sperm contains a natural growth hormone.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

Baron Bifford posted:

But you can offset this by taking the earlier suggestion and drinking the ejaculate. When you want fast results, you really can't afford to lose any bit of testosterone.

Iron
Jan 5, 2006

You are the worst fakeposter.

Forever Zero
Apr 29, 2007
DUMB AS ROCKS

I was always told not to do it since your body makes more hormones the longer you let them build up by not releasing them. Therefore, you get bigger quicker. I don't know, sounds like BS though. Only thing is that if there is soreness in that region, abstaining for a few days couldn't hurt.

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out

Iron posted:

You are the worst fakeposter.

I don't know man lighten up this thread is pretty funny

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz

Actually, some top athleats perform better after having sex or whatnot before the event. I'm not sure where you heard that.

Don't jerk too much or you'll get tired and lose your labito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pushpins
Sep 10, 2006
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

diadem posted:

Actually, some top athleats perform better after having sex or whatnot before the event. I'm not sure where you heard that.

Don't jerk too much or you'll get tired and lose your labito.
They proved this on Brainiac, as much as that show proves anything