Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«646 »
Alaan
May 24, 2005

Oh god. My glock is frothing at the mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

DILLIGAF posted:

My Dad did this to his G19 years ago and that stuff wears smooth, leaving your handgun looking like it has mange.

From a magazine article on the Agrip:

quote:

Although AGrip will become matted with use, a quick scrub will restore the nap.

I'm not convinced it's the end-all be-all grip I thought it would turn out to be originally, I'll put the buying on hold for now.

2pint
Dec 3, 2004

lifenomad posted:

Talon grips makes a skateboard tape Agrip type product. http://talongungrips.com/
If you don't have a skateboard shop nearby for 12x36" sheets of grip tape, you can always go to Homey Depot and get a narrower roll of the stuff for $12.

3M Safety-Walk is what I've used. I use it on all kinds of things - mobile phones, network cable-testers, edges of a laptop - pretty much anything I want to make sure I don't drop.

Fang
Jul 9, 2001

Talk about puns like I ain't got none, what you think I told 'em all?

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

Why doesn't anyone ever get a rhodium plated gun.

If you got one, you'd be taking the rhodium less travelled by.

But it would make all the difference.

Magnum1371
Sep 11, 2001

Were not accustomed to occupying defensive positions. Its destructive to morale.

Smoking Jesus titty Cinnamon

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~

Guaranteed to increase velocity by 30%

Yellowjacket
Mar 13, 2006

God drat I hate Jim

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I see your nastiness and raise it at least an order of magnitude.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Barbie's going ???

omgLerkHat!
Dec 7, 2003

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This might just be an improvement over the standard Sigma. At least most people won't mistake this abortion for a gun and buy it.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Bronies
B4
Honies

Just wondering, why does everyone hate the Sigma?

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

Just wondering, why does everyone hate the Sigma?

It's a near copy of a Glock, but with a horrid trigger. I don't know HOW they did it, but they somehow made a pistol that is even uglier than a Glock.

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

astrollinthepork posted:

I don't know HOW they did it, but they somehow made a pistol that is even uglier than a Glock.

You shut your heathen mouth.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Bronies
B4
Honies

I have never fired a sigma other than dry fire. The trigger is horrible and it is is ugly...maybe uglier than a glock, but it is still better looking than an XD

Afro
May 29, 2007

Neil de Tyson

From what I understand the Sigma trigger is pretty easily fixed. There are 2 extra hard springs and you just take them out.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd...rigger-fix.html

Ozmiander
Dec 1, 2009

Jeep

Aperture Priority posted:

Guaranteed to increase velocity by 30%

Jim knows da red wuns go fasta

Black6
Jun 23, 2006
But I'm cold and hungry...

Getting this poo poo back on the (railroad) track.

^^^^ Old School "Tough-Guy" poo poo ^^^^

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

I won't lie, I'd rock a cutlass pistol. That is a big loving blade, considering it's attached to a gun.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I'm digging the 1880s take on tactical. I could definitely see that having its uses.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

walrusman posted:

I'm digging the 1880s take on tactical. I could definitely see that having its uses.
Most gunswords I've seen look like amusing curiosities that have no real way to grip it as a sword and would probably fall apart if you actually tried to use them. That one looks sturdy as gently caress and actually practical.

Although you'd probably stab yourself trying to muzzle-load it.

Wikipedia says the Elgin was impractical and hated by the few troops who used it though. Oh well.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2010 around 09:23

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Oh well looky what what we got ourselves over here.

Not tacticlol but loving awesome and also germane to the current discussion. I'd stabshoot so much stuff with one of these.

honkykong
Sep 20, 2005

So my TK10 finally made it here, one day short of a whole month, gently caress dealextreme.

What's the first thing I do with it? Make what I see as a borderline tacticlol gun, YMMV.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

by Cowcaster

I'm not sure why seeing what you're shooting at is 'tacitclol' but whatever I guess. The setup is lovely, though.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

Black6 posted:

Getting this poo poo back on the (railroad) track.

That is the most awesome thing ever.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

Dr. Pre-Med Student C. Bear knows a thing or two about medicine. Why, just the other day in lab, he learned

honkykong posted:

So my TK10 finally made it here, one day short of a whole month, gently caress dealextreme.

What's the first thing I do with it? Make what I see as a borderline tacticlol gun, YMMV.

ew

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Surviving Edged Weapons II: The Unauthorized Sequel: Special Modern Warfare Edition

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

Not only did i learn so much from Surviving Edged Weapons 1, but Surviving Edged Weapons 2 has double the Knowledge.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

infrared35 posted:

That is the most awesome thing ever.

Yep, I agree.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

Okay, what song was that?

Edit: Never mind. I knew I had heard it before.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Surviving Edged Weapons III

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

I don't promote fights, I pick fights. I'm better than Jon Jones. I'm better than Sean Combs. I am even better than John Holmes.

At my grandmother's British antique shop (British only gently caress all that gold French bullshit) we had a good number of weird gun cane things. Sword canes? Not so much.

Damnit I wish she was still around. While I grew up in the south my English grandmother was the first person to show me how to break down and clean a shotgun.

honkykong
Sep 20, 2005

The Automator posted:

I'm not sure why seeing what you're shooting at is 'tacitclol' but whatever I guess. The setup is lovely, though.

I just slapped it on there for like 5 minutes for a picture, no way I'm gonna try using it like that.

VSEPR
Jun 18, 2008

Are you a tactical operator going tactical? Do you get hungry when you're dropping tangos? Then you need HIGH SPEED LOW DRAG FOOD - for the tactical operator.

http://www.savvysurvivor.com/high_s...ood_for_the.htm

Afro
May 29, 2007

Neil de Tyson

I found out the other day they sell RIPITS at the Dollar Tree near me.

Tempted to stock up.

El Jorge
Feb 26, 2006

A spiritus dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,
From the lighting and the tempest,
Our Emperor, deliver us.

A morte perpetua,
Domine, libra nos.

hahahaha loving rip-its, trail mix and jerky? is their definition of combat situations now a bunch of teenagers camping stoned in the woods?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I've never actually seen Rip-Its anywhere. Only heard about them from military people.

El Jorge
Feb 26, 2006

A spiritus dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,
From the lighting and the tempest,
Our Emperor, deliver us.

A morte perpetua,
Domine, libra nos.

They're the big drink of the military but also the energy drink du jour of college kids here in louisville.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Alaan posted:

I've never actually seen Rip-Its anywhere. Only heard about them from military people.

Dunno about their availability in normal supermarkets, but you can occasionally find them on military bases stateside, either at the BX or commissary or shoppette.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Bronies
B4
Honies

my walmart had rip its for a few months. drat i miss the yellow labeled ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

They sell Rip-Its at this bodega I used to buy cigs from on my way to the bus. The persian dude would always recognize me and be like WADAP DOOD in the most stereotypical gangsta persian accent ever.

«646 »