Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti

BeepBoopBatman posted:

Hi there, I'm looking to start up a 5 gallon nano after a seven year haitus on fish-keeping.

I'm not too interested in building an actual reef, really, and am more curious what my options are as far as livestock in the tank. This was kinda what I had planned out, and I'd love for someone to critique it and maybe offer some alternatives if necessary -

-5 lbs live sand
-5 lbs live rock
-1 clown goby (yellow or green, preferably?)
-1 neon goby
-1 false perc
-1 small anemone (??)
-handful of cleaning crew (turbo snails, hermits, etc)

The question marks by the anemone are because I'm very unfamiliar with inverts, and really don't know what (if anything) is possible in a 5 gallon beginner tank anemone-wise. The false percula had been suggested to me by a few people, but I'm a little apprehensive because it seems that a majority of sites suggest larger tanks for even one of those fish.

Again, any advice is appreciated, I'd really like to do something fun with this little tank without overcrowding it. This is my first tiny tank, everything I used to keep was 55-150 gallons, and very predator-heavy.

Way too many fish for such a small tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
Thats really about all you can do. If he wont listen to your advice then he is going to have an expensive lesson soon.

• Locked thread