Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
This is one of those rare gems: a good movie that's available for instant download on Netflix. If you're a fan of Friday the 13th or Haloween, this movie is a must-see. Even if you're not a fan, it's a fun movie with good tension and several laugh-out-loud moments.

The basis of the film (not spoilers really; it's explained early, but if you want to know nothing about it I guess don't read this paragraph) is that a group of graduate student journalists have agreed to follow and record an up-and-coming supernatural serial killer - a Jason wannabe - to learn the tricks of his trade and figure out why he does what he does. It's partly in mockumentary format, with certain other segments composed like a real horror movie. It's partly satirical; not really a comedy per se, but very funny at times.

I've never seen a movie combine a send-up of a genre along with an excellent example of it the way this movie does. Like I said, it's on Netflix's online watching list, so you have no excuse. Go watch it.

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU