Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
I went to see this with a group of friends, and every one of us walked out thinking this was a total waste of $10. I'm a fan of Mark Wahlberg, but he dropped the acting ball big time. Sadly, there was no one else willing to pick it back up.

I remember when the concept of the movie was leaked a while ago, and most people reacted negatively. Seeing the movie did not help that reaction. It failed to create tension, the R rating was completely wasted (I really think this could've been PG-13, no problem), the acting was poor, the movie dragged on, and the ending was incredibly predictable. The resolution of the conflict is nothing more than a slapped together deus-ex-machina event, as if Shyamalan was writing and suddenly said "Goddamn, I have to end this immediately" with no exit plan.

I say avoid, unless you want to see how a man can go from The Sixth Sense to this waste.

.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU