Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Hey guys, I apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place.

I and a friend have started a small development team and are working on a 3D Space combat game. we are a couple months into the project and have a few working prototypes already. We desperatly need a 3D artist that is skilled and motivated to work with us and join our team. We intent to sell this game for profit once it is ready and want to provide compensation to the team, the can be handled in a few different ways. The ideal way and the way that we plan to do it is that money made will go towards paying us full time to continue development on the game and/or a new title. For the artist in question if they do not have a desire to stay on the team we could work out a royalty agreement.

I need someone that can model and texture assets for us. general poly range will be from 500 - 2000 for each piece, now the entire concept behind our ship designs is that they are totaly modular and the player builds the ship they want to pilot - this is already working and in game.

Here is a link to the thread I made in games with more info: In Development - Kinetic Void

I am doing a sieries of update videos once each week, here are the three I have done so far. The first two are not narated but Ihave started doing this as of update 3.

Update 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YErY0DaWgY

Update 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYfDuF1m4Ug

Update 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjEa7b0rvvo

And here are some examples of ships I have made using our ingame ship yard - these assets used are awful, but its what I am capable of (thus our need for an actual artist)

Again, sorry if this is not the place to post this kind of reply, but this thread holds my exact target audiance.

If you are interested please send me an email: Sean@BadlandStudio.com or a PM here on SA.

Another alternative is to join us in the TeamSpeak server I run for goons
Camping The Stairs

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2012 around 00:53

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Travakian posted:

Slightly OT, but Adobe's having a student/teacher sale until the 3rd; up to 80% off education editions of most products online. poo poo becomes cheap as.

Use code SAVE80EDU.

Keep in mind you'll need valid proof of eligibility (student ID, teacher contract/ID, etc)

Wow that is an amazing deal, CS5.5 Master for $180, or even just Photoshop CS5.5 Extended for $40. also Adobe Student/License editions are valid for Commercial use!