Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Bi Stunna

December 31st, 2007

My cousin Stephen and me devise a bet, just a lil' drunk on sake. We each throw $200 cash on the table. The terms are simple: watch a series everyday until 2009. Brenda looks over at me, silently questioning me with her amber eyes. She knows I can do it, but will I be able to power through?

January 1st, 2008

Char's Counterattack is blasting on my computer. Brenda is asleep from last night's Otaku Mixer. Heh, she's missing out. Gonna watch all of G Gundam after.

January 15th, 2008

Inuyasha's up next, so updates will be sparse. Stephen's doing Fist of the North Star, the bastard, so I have to do something to keep up. Will write again soon when finished.

Bi Stunna fucked around with this message at Jun 21, 2008 around 16:28

ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

So mach anime, so little time.. oh well *sighs* back to haruhi

BELL BIV DEVITO

by The Finn

January 15th's isn't really half way through....

Bi Stunna

Calendar for January - COMPLETED!

February 3rd, 2008
Brenda took the night off from bartending so she could assist me in watching the pain that is all of Fuushi Yuugi. Ugh. I don't know about this.

February 14th, 2008
Guess what she got me for V-Day. Escaflowne Boxset. Real funny, honey. Real fuckin funny.

February 28th, 2008
Stephen called me, obviously in pain from the Tenchi OVA. He's "down but not out" he says. His work is piling up, but "I'm gonna win that bet" Chea, Right.

Bi Stunna

March 5th, 2008
Losing it. Rurouni Kenshin is going to finish me. Boss said I fell asleep at my desk, muttering words he didn't understand. It's called Japanese.....baka.....

March 20th, 2008
Looking out the window, I could have sworn I saw Rick. He wanted to come over and watch Hellsing. I haven't seen anyone for days. Brenda's staying at her mother's until all this is over with. Only you know my shame. I don't want to even look at y

bloodpee

by Fragmaster

bump for Love. this thread needs more

Shah of Blah

stealing the skiing chimp pic

Sindow

Everyday I'm shufflin'.
Hashihime 橋姫 means "Bridge Princess." It is the name of the Shinto deity who guards the bridge at Uji, south of Kyoto, and of a Noh play about her. You can still visit her ancient shrine.

"Hashihime 橋姫" is also the name of a late chapter of the classic Japanese novel the Tale of Genji, where it refers to two princesses who live in seclusion at Uji with their father, the Eighth Prince, the disgraced figurehead of a failed palace coup.

The final ten chapters are now my favorite part of the Genji. They tell the story of Kaoru, Genji's nephew, who thinks he wants to retire from the world, but is held back by his feeling of responsibility for the two princesses after their father dies, and by his love for the elder princess. It also tells of the princesses' own struggles with their difficult situation. And it describes the adventures of Kaoru's philandering friend, Genji's grandson, Prince Niou. It ends with the tale of Ukifune, the princesses' long-lost half-sister.

For anyone who doesn't know the Tale of Genji, it is arguably the world's first real novel. It was written around 1000 AD by a Japanese court lady known as Murasaki Shikibu. And in my opinion, the next time the world saw a novel as psychologically subtle as the Genji was over 700 years later, with the Dream of the Red Chamber in China and the novels of Jane Austen in England.

Into The Mild

For you the day Duke graced your club was the most important day of your life but for me, it was Tuesday

anime is the worst

Short Retort

OCHA WORLD ORDER

these being the doujinshi of marcus tullius cicero

Short Retort

OCHA WORLD ORDER

i heard the words 'i have time for doujinshi shopping' spoken in unironic cadence today

Short Retort

OCHA WORLD ORDER

and so this is the life i picked and its fine except you know what it isnt - this is not my frakkin life!!!!

English Voodoo

keep it up, don't let Stephen beat you!

Bi Stunna

April 8, 2008
It's been a while. I became a little unhinged during the Kenshin OVA, but things seemed to be returning to normal. Anime can mess with your head if you're not careful. I better call Stephen to see how he's holding up. Thank god I have the support of the Eurobeat King forums.

April 9, 2008

Stephen lost his job at RFC. I went over to his apartment and he was asleep in a pile of doujinshi. Tried to approach him but he quickly awoke and flashed his Hanzo steel. After taking a minute to recognize me, he lowered the blade and began to weep. I ripped out a page of Evangelion and used Rei to dab the tears from his eyes.

April 20, 2008

After an entry like the ninth's, you'd think our contest was over, but strangely enough, it's still going. After a night broing it up at the gym, we seemed to have rekindled our desire for competition and anime. We didn't know the extent and toll it would have on our bodies, but like any good competitor, we must get back in the saddle. The grand contest is all we have as professional otaku. I should call Brenda. More later.

pause it lively

ignore.

wow. lot of anime

marge

by T. Fine

anime owns

English Voodoo

I love ya kuback

In Cahoots

rick spotting

Bi Stunna

May 12, 2008
Brenda came back today. She brought her sister Jeanine with and we had an excellent dinner. Shrimp tempura with a fine wine Jeanine bought from World Market. Brenda told me all about what's been happening with the family since my short turn to the dark side. Soon after that, we nestled into the loveseat and managed to knock out all of Love Hina.

Maybe it was the wine, or maybe it was the anime, but Brenda and I made love that night.

Thank you, Love Hina. Thank you.

May 24, 2008.
Happy birthday, me! I got a call from mom wishing me well and she said something should be getting to my apartment today. Checked outside and sure enough, there it was:

Oh man. Oh man. I won't have to buy groceries for weeks. Stephen called me to curse my dedication to finishing the entirety of Lupin, since he's been caught between the world of anime and the world of Metal Gear Solid 4. If he just gets too concerned with his children's game, I may just win this anime contest yet.

Sindow

Everyday I'm shufflin'.
MGS4 - a children's game

English Voodoo

Kubacky Puss posted:

Bi Stunna

Which brings us, of course, to the month of June, to today.

Brenda

We've since gotten back together, intent on making things work. Brenda realizes that anime is as big in my life as she is, but it does not tower over her. Thank god she got her job back at the RFC as a bartender, I wouldn't have a place to bro it up without her.

Stephen

He's resilient, I'll tell you that much. We've gone blow for blow. Series for series. Hanzo steel to Hanzo steel. We're still best friends, but for now, he is my rival. My Son Gokou to his Vegeta, heh. The last time we talked, he threatened to replace my anime with American cartoons. We had a good laugh.

And of course, me.

I've had a lot of support from the Yob as of late. Short Retort has offered to send me anime from Japan, and Steve always seems to send his regards in some way or another. I won't fail you, BYOB. I won't fail you, Rei. I won't fail you, Son Gokou.

I won't fail you.....Brenda.

Rain or shine, work or play:

This is the year of anime. My year.

Comfy Ambulance

by Fistgrrl

once when i was living in a motel i tried to watch the entirety of the MTV Music Awards with only a gallon of stolen Gallo port, but this... this is the abyss. godspeed...

BELL BIV DEVITO

by The Finn

I'll always support ya man no matter what I might say every flowering joke at your expense is blooms from the tiny seeds of jealousy inside me

pause it lively

ignore.

what a long kawaii trip it's been.

Planimal

don't autoban again jerk.

post the one about eileen being out

Comfy Ambulance

by Fistgrrl

this should be bumped forever. this is the best thread.

English Voodoo

agreed

Kealoha-Panihi

by Lowtax

posting from the affordable RFC WiFi network! great thread bro!

Bangarang

by Fragmaster

gl... & godspeed..

666 Shark Dad 666

Im still pretty sure 99% of all anime of just as poo poo as 99% of anything else

let me know if GITS get another round

.lnk to the past

psoting while drunk
what a nerd lol

Freak Futanari

AC: :33 < a quadrant is a thing in a group of things that consists of four similar things

i heard anime and i came here as fast as i can without reading the thread

what's the status, doc

3Sum Nightmare

nicky, dont flatter yuorself

Smilin Tyler posted:

this should be bumped forever. this is the best thread.

Assistant Crack Whore

youre an inspiration

3Sum Nightmare

nicky, dont flatter yuorself
2008 - A Whole Year of Anime.

It's gonna be one hell of a year.

Anime Fanclub

I am the President.

Kubacky Puss posted:

Love this picture.

Antinomy

by Ozma