Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bi Stunna

December 31st, 2007

My cousin Stephen and me devise a bet, just a lil' drunk on sake. We each throw $200 cash on the table. The terms are simple: watch a series everyday until 2009. Brenda looks over at me, silently questioning me with her amber eyes. She knows I can do it, but will I be able to power through?

January 1st, 2008

Char's Counterattack is blasting on my computer. Brenda is asleep from last night's Otaku Mixer. Heh, she's missing out. Gonna watch all of G Gundam after.

January 15th, 2008

Inuyasha's up next, so updates will be sparse. Stephen's doing Fist of the North Star, the bastard, so I have to do something to keep up. Will write again soon when finished.

Bi Stunna fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bi Stunna
Calendar for January - COMPLETED!

February 3rd, 2008
Brenda took the night off from bartending so she could assist me in watching the pain that is all of Fuushi Yuugi. Ugh. I don't know about this.

February 14th, 2008
Guess what she got me for V-Day. Escaflowne Boxset. Real funny, honey. Real fuckin funny.

February 28th, 2008
Stephen called me, obviously in pain from the Tenchi OVA. He's "down but not out" he says. His work is piling up, but "I'm gonna win that bet" Chea, Right.

Bi Stunna

March 5th, 2008
Losing it. Rurouni Kenshin is going to finish me. Boss said I fell asleep at my desk, muttering words he didn't understand. It's called Japanese.....baka.....

March 20th, 2008
Looking out the window, I could have sworn I saw Rick. He wanted to come over and watch Hellsing. I haven't seen anyone for days. Brenda's staying at her mother's until all this is over with. Only you know my shame. I don't want to even look at y

Bi Stunna

April 8, 2008
It's been a while. I became a little unhinged during the Kenshin OVA, but things seemed to be returning to normal. Anime can mess with your head if you're not careful. I better call Stephen to see how he's holding up. Thank god I have the support of the Eurobeat King forums.

April 9, 2008

Stephen lost his job at RFC. I went over to his apartment and he was asleep in a pile of doujinshi. Tried to approach him but he quickly awoke and flashed his Hanzo steel. After taking a minute to recognize me, he lowered the blade and began to weep. I ripped out a page of Evangelion and used Rei to dab the tears from his eyes.

April 20, 2008

After an entry like the ninth's, you'd think our contest was over, but strangely enough, it's still going. After a night broing it up at the gym, we seemed to have rekindled our desire for competition and anime. We didn't know the extent and toll it would have on our bodies, but like any good competitor, we must get back in the saddle. The grand contest is all we have as professional otaku. I should call Brenda. More later.

Bi Stunna

May 12, 2008
Brenda came back today. She brought her sister Jeanine with and we had an excellent dinner. Shrimp tempura with a fine wine Jeanine bought from World Market. Brenda told me all about what's been happening with the family since my short turn to the dark side. Soon after that, we nestled into the loveseat and managed to knock out all of Love Hina.

Maybe it was the wine, or maybe it was the anime, but Brenda and I made love that night.

Thank you, Love Hina. Thank you.

May 24, 2008.
Happy birthday, me! I got a call from mom wishing me well and she said something should be getting to my apartment today. Checked outside and sure enough, there it was:

Oh man. Oh man. I won't have to buy groceries for weeks. Stephen called me to curse my dedication to finishing the entirety of Lupin, since he's been caught between the world of anime and the world of Metal Gear Solid 4. If he just gets too concerned with his children's game, I may just win this anime contest yet.

Bi Stunna
Which brings us, of course, to the month of June, to today.

Brenda

We've since gotten back together, intent on making things work. Brenda realizes that anime is as big in my life as she is, but it does not tower over her. Thank god she got her job back at the RFC as a bartender, I wouldn't have a place to bro it up without her.

Stephen

He's resilient, I'll tell you that much. We've gone blow for blow. Series for series. Hanzo steel to Hanzo steel. We're still best friends, but for now, he is my rival. My Son Gokou to his Vegeta, heh. The last time we talked, he threatened to replace my anime with American cartoons. We had a good laugh.

And of course, me.

I've had a lot of support from the Yob as of late. Short Retort has offered to send me anime from Japan, and Steve always seems to send his regards in some way or another. I won't fail you, BYOB. I won't fail you, Rei. I won't fail you, Son Gokou.

I won't fail you.....Brenda.

Rain or shine, work or play:

This is the year of anime. My year.

Bi Stunna
Comment, vous faites tout le système du monde, vous donnez les lois de toute la création et dans tout votre livre vous ne parlez pas une seule fois de l'existence de Animé!
- Napoleon I to Laplace

Bi Stunna
Thanks man. Stephens are tough competition, so your bro is gonna have quite the challenge on his hands!

Bi Stunna
Speaking of Stephen....he came by the other day for some sake and he decided to give my camera a lil' random love! :)

"Don't funk with my anime, landlubber."
- My cousin Stephen

Such a character. Don't know where he got it from!

Bi Stunna

Short Retort posted:

alex....watch miyazaki-san's 'whisper of the heart'....and think of me....

Bi Stunna

American Grass posted:

I heard rumor that the original gundam saga was just too much for the OP... hoping thats not true please update

Rumors = false. Gundam was a cakewalk. Stephen is just up to his old tricks again...

Bi Stunna
Bumped for Calvin Coolidge. He wants to keep an eye on my progress.

Bi Stunna

June 1, 2007.
Ah, summer! Time to break out the classics. Dinner came with a rousing bit of Gigantor (No, not Brenda's sister! Hehe ^^) and a tall Sapporo with Brenda. I can hear the kids playing at the hydrant outside, dousing themselves. One yells from the sidewalk, "Hey mister, I hear your watching anime! Can we join?" Brenda made them jitsu cookies and we all enjoyed the antics of Ranma and the gang.

It was the most heartwarming experience of my life.

June 5, 2007.
Stephen's AC broke down, so I went over to lend him a fan. He's found a girl from Korean Friend Finder.com to help him with the anime. I'm gonna have to consult the rules on this.

June 22, 2007.
Well, there's nothing in our bet that says he can't get some help. Stephen's playing fast and loose now. Getting desperate. He's a trickster and and opportunist....but he's still family. I'm gonna have to watch some more Lucky Star and mull this over.

Bi Stunna

Spaceman Bill posted:

Good luck, dude! Tried this same bet with my friend Andrew (we call him "Anime Andrew." Dude dresses like Spike Spiegel, dunno how he gets away with it!) and I didnt last two weeks. So many Gundams, so little time.

Anime Andrew? Does have a Cosplay.com account? I think he's known in our inner circle.

Bi Stunna
2009 - A Whole Year of.....Doctor Who?

Just maybe.

Bi Stunna
Fragmaster gave me this name cuz he thought it was funny. Grrr.....

Bi Stunna

Hope everyone had a fun 4th! :D

Bi Stunna

Bi Stunna
July 29, 2008.
Received a message in my inbox today. It read:

"A WHOLE YEAR OF ANIME? FEH. TRY A WHOLE LIFETIME OF ANIME BITCH. 19 YEARS. I WAS OTAKIN IT BEFORE YOU EVEN LEARNED NUMBERS. IM COMIN FOR YOU AND YOUR TWO BIT OUTFIT

- N"

The N was the harbinger of our doom. I shouted at Brenda to latch the chain lock and hide all the fine manga. Oh god.

Anime Nathan was coming to Chicago.

Bi Stunna
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...ature%3Drelated

Bi Stunna
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...v%3DujNxlnObUt4

Bi Stunna
youtubedoubler rules

Bi Stunna
August 11, 2008

It began, like many events in life, with a scream. I threw off the Darkstalkers comforter and darted for Brenda's bedroom. The window was ajar, sending the night winds ripping through her wallscrolls, some of them already drifting across the floor over my feet.

She was gone.

A scroll made out of computer paper was taped on her mirror. It was written in some of the most beautiful kanji I had ever seen. I held back my envy to take in the gravity of the message (translation provided):

I HAVE HER. GIVE UP YOUR QUEST OR SHE WILL SUFFER.

- N

My hands shook against the mirror. I was frightened. As warned, he had finally struck and in the one area he knew would overtake me, distract me from my solemn vow. I called Stephen and he came right over. Should we give up the bet? And why would HE become involved in the first place? Stephen proposed the idea that I couldn't dare to dream up in my devastated state:

An assault on the stronghold of Anime Nathan.

August 25, 2008

We leave today. A Ford Explorer packed with needed supplies: OVAs, Hanzo Steel, and of course my photo of Brenda. I will put this humbly: I do not think I will live through this.

Stephen and I have trained hard. Nearly two weeks of katana training, Anime Quizzes from Quizhub.com. We don't know what to expect. Nathan is waiting.

This Whole Year of Anime. It has brought me to the fringes of life and back again. I have suffered, loved, and you all have been there to support me. Pray that I will be alive to update more. Pray that my Brenda is safe.

Goodbye. Namaste.

Bi Stunna

Slain in battle by Anime Nathan August 27, 2008. His last act was driving his sword into the ground, planting the seeds of otaku for the earth to care for and grow. Goodbye Stephen. Your name will be written in the stars. Your story will be told.

Bi Stunna

RIP Stephen 1985 - 2008

Bi Stunna
no more CLUEMASTER. no more late night texts about bolo threads to watch out for. i don't know how i can go on without my cousin. please pay reverence to stephen by posting your stories about him. he loved all of you very much.

Bi Stunna

The final update. Coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bi Stunna
I remember the first pair of eyes I ever drew. I was ten years old. The way my pencil moved against the graph paper during math class, it was like a first kiss. Each line was a movement, a thrust forward. I stared into those big gray eyes and knew that this was to be forever.

Her eyes will always remain open, but his are closed now. Forever. Stephen's service was solemn, traces of the Gundam Wing theme playing over the funeral home's PA system. Friends leaving behind DVDs they had borrowed, OVAs that will join him in the ground. When asked to say a few words, I couldn't. My Japanese eulogy crumpled in my pocket. I walked to the sushi table in the guest annex and cried for an hour. Brenda held me but it didn't satiate the sorrow in my heart.

As we pulled up to the burial site, I thought of the bet made just one year ago. The times we laughed. The times we cried and thought it was over, we couldn't take it. If only he could know where it went. I ran my hands over the lid and placed two hundred dollar bills in the gap. You win, buddy.

I took Brenda's hand and moved it with mine over her stomach. There's a little otaku on the way. We just found out a week ago. I don't think I need to tell you what his name is going to be.

I love you Stephen. The year of anime was yours.