Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
scheherezade
Dec 30, 2007

by angerbotSD
Here's a company that was founded by the guy who is basically african hitler (cecil rhodes) and their entire marketing is devoted to selling loving rocks to CEO's wives.

Yeah. Suck it wal*mart :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newt ging rich bitch
Nov 1, 2004

The revolution will not be colorized
apple looooooooool

Pancreas
Sep 1, 2007
RAPING WOMEN IS AWESOME AS LONG AS THE RAPIST HATES AMERIKKKA AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE A GODDAMNED FASCIST FEMINAZI WHO PROBABLY EVEN THINKS THOSE STUPID BITCHES SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE

THIS IS WHAT I REALLY BELIEVE
saw blood diamond yesterday

it sucked

MRI chalk
Oct 22, 2005

by Peatpot

Pancreas posted:

blood diamond

it sucked

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

yeah it's pretty close

newt ging rich bitch
Nov 1, 2004

also a reminder that diamonds aren't really very rare at all and only fetch such high prices because the supply is artificially limited by hoarding them.

smack632
Dec 31, 2007
lol Lockheed Martin

Celot
Jan 14, 2007

halliburton

raytheon

east india co

nike

blackwater

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

in before blackwater

edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congo_Free_State

uncleTomOfFinland fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 22, 2008

LS!
Oct 18, 2002

by Fragmaster
pick a military contractor or weapons manufacturer

sammythemc
Jan 14, 2008

Sullen Child Hitler
BLACKWATER

at least de beers provides a service while killing people

e: dammit how did no one think of it for 5 minutes and then three people within 30 seconds

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

newt ging rich bitch posted:

also a reminder that diamonds aren't really very rare at all and only fetch such high prices because the supply is artificially limited by hoarding them.

I tell people this but they never believe me.

Russia is full of diamonds and they could easily flood the market and cause a massive drop in price, but they don't.

MRI chalk
Oct 22, 2005

by Peatpot
nintendo

loving online component, also no HD

smack632
Dec 31, 2007
Blackwater and Amway are terrible companies owned by right wing fanatics.

Celot
Jan 14, 2007

quixtar, cutco

newt ging rich bitch
Nov 1, 2004

smack632 posted:

Blackwater and Amway are terrible companies owned by right wing fanatics.

a guy at work also part-times as an amway salesman. incidentally he's also a rightwing fanatic

smack632
Dec 31, 2007

Celot posted:

quixtar, cutco

haha I used to sell knives for Cutco. Massive loving pyramid scheme.

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

poo poo how could i forget about IG Farben

sugary
May 6, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

newt ging rich bitch posted:

another reminder that artificial diamonds are just as good but diamond companies like to tell people they arent

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
Seimens

newt ging rich bitch
Nov 1, 2004

sugary posted:

another reminder that artificial diamonds are just as good but diamond companies like to tell people they arent

just as good? nothing says I love you like knowing 10 africans died as slaves for this tiny little shiny rock.

LS!
Oct 18, 2002

by Fragmaster

sugary posted:

it's funny because now diamond companies are telling people it's the flaws in natural diamonds that make them valuable

MRI chalk
Oct 22, 2005

by Peatpot

sugary posted:

heh, i remember a few years ago when the press was running articles about how much cheaper and more efficient the manufacture of artificial diamonds had become, and they detailed one manufacturer who had actually received written death threats from anonymous representatives of diamond companies like debeers

people so crazy

sugary
May 6, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

LS! posted:

it's funny because now diamond companies are telling people it's the flaws in natural diamonds that make them valuable

because the flaws in diamonds represent the flaws in your significant other but how you love them anyway :h::h::h:

or they represent how your thinking is flawed if you really think it matters!

sugary
May 6, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

MRI chalk posted:

heh, i remember a few years ago when the press was running articles about how much cheaper and more efficient the manufacture of artificial diamonds had become, and they detailed one manufacturer who had actually received written death threats from anonymous representatives of diamond companies like debeers

people so crazy

there was a documentary on discovery channel or something, and they showed the big-rear end machines they used to turn coal and poo poo into diamonds, and those things looked pretty authentic to me.

its funny too, because even before i became jaded and cynical i thought that de beers was an evil company

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

who are these artificial diamond manufacturers? I will support them with my bleeding heart dollars

Celot
Jan 14, 2007

sapphire is just aluminum oxide

Xephero
Jul 23, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
it's bayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg-52mHIjhs

it's so loving bayer look at this loving poo poo

gently caress bayer

sugary
May 6, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Nonsense posted:

who are these artificial diamond manufacturers? I will support them with my bleeding heart dollars

i doubt you'll be able to get any, every advertisement (IT CAN ONLY BE JARED) for a diamond store i hear is all about "WE HAVE ONLY REAL DIAMONDS, NOT THOSE FAKE IMITATION CRAP."

also the documentary was filmed in some foreign country called czechistanissialia or something

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if a girl ever asks me for a diamond ring i will politely explain to her why diamonds are loving stupid and if she still wants one i'll push her under a bus

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

Xephero posted:

it's bayer

gently caress bayer

thanks for ruining my day :smith:

sugary
May 6, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Xephero posted:

it's bayer

gently caress bayer

christ

Celot
Jan 14, 2007

cams posted:

if a girl ever asks me for a diamond ring i will politely explain to her why diamonds are loving stupid and if she still wants one i'll push her under a bus

:goonsay:

but seriously I don't think you'll ever have to worry about it

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

what's even worse is that the loving FDA knew about it and let it happen :smithicide:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Celot posted:

:goonsay:

but seriously I don't think you'll ever have to worry about it
sorry bro im from socal and thus attractive nice try though

Xephero posted:

it's bayer

gently caress bayer
i know what these guys are talking about is evil but it just goes in one ear and out the other. listen to their accents! they must be dumb!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cams posted:

i remember the gbs thread about diamonds, and people really hated the idea of people not buying diamonds for their ladies because it meant you were cheap. when people explained why de beers is evil, I still remember a lot of people coming up with the usual. I WILL BUY WHAT I WANT, ITS MY MONEY

LS!
Oct 18, 2002

by Fragmaster

Nonsense posted:

any halfway decent jeweler will be able to provide artificial diamonds if you ask

i can't believe it's 2008 and we still have jewelers

Kauka
Jan 23, 2005

ja...JA!!!!jaaa
coca cola, there are coca cola vending machines in african villages that don't have clean water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugary
May 6, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

what's even worse is that the loving FDA knew about it and let it happen :smithicide:

LOBBYISTS