Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

LS! posted:

it's funny because now diamond companies are telling people it's the flaws in natural diamonds that make them valuable

and yet they still want you to get an internally flawless diamond, or as close to it as you can, because if you don't get your GF the perfect diamond you obviously dont love her :cool:

Nonsense posted:

who are these artificial diamond manufacturers? I will support them with my bleeding heart dollars

Apollo Diamonds (http://www.apollodiamond.com/) and Gemesis ([url]http://www.gemesis.com/[/url)

right now Apollo diamonds cost as much as the real ones and Gemesis only does colored fancies, and i consider them both pussies because they make micro-inscriptions on their diamonds that state they're made by man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Celot posted:

bahahhahahaa

this was done in response to the bhopal disaster

The Yes Men are pretty great, and they always seem to get past the news whenever they feel to insert themselves into an important event. They seem like the only people able to pull something like this off without shouting 'Baba Booey' at the end.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
as much as i dislike de beers i always thought people who got uppity over blood diamonds were a little retarded because i assumed most companies have done really, really terrible things, and this thread just proved me right

de beers still sucks though

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Mr. Gone posted:

no, actually

there's absolutely nothing wrong with getting "uppity" over blood diamonds

so you're wrong

no what im saying is people pick blood diamonds as their 'issue of the day' but ignore the fact that lots of other products they use have dark histories of their own, its awful what happens to produce diamonds but it's hypocritical of people to rail against blood diamonds while marching around in sweatshop clothing or chugging their bayer aids aspirin

uppity was the wrong word

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
that's a fair point

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
still i'd like to see those synthetic companies start churning out some diamond chips, who needs a giant engagement ring when you finally have a processor that can run crysis as it was meant to be played

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

if africa ever gets its poo poo together the entire world is going to go bankrupt paying them reparations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

PUSSY BARON posted:

what do pigs smell like? i would love to have a pet pig one day

pigs actually smell pretty clean, they get the stink reputation because they dont sweat and so they roll in mud to cool themselves off. pigs are pretty decent animals all around, i'd love a pet pig because they own so hard.