Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Valve will certainly fix this soon, but it was good fun. I am definitely in if team flare turns into a griefing group.

Maybe for your next stunt you guys can party up in Halo 3 and just yell really loudly into the mics all game. That would be loving classic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

BYOB Bigwig posted:

On the subject of second life, does anyone have the video of a flapping penis avatar running around?

Do a youtube search for "free hugs second life".

Planetside in the early days was pretty hilarious how you could mess with people. Most people know what planetside is but for those that don't, it is a basically a MMOFPS with 3 teams, you'd fight over bases and gained "exp" by capturing bases and killing people. The more levels you had the more points you could assign to unlock the ability to use different weapons and vehicles.

There was this one vehicle that you could use that was basically a mobile respawn. You would drive it somewhere, and deploy it and it would put a cloaking bubble around itself and then enable the respawn tubes (people would die and could choose to respawn at your vehicle instead of at the nearest friendly base).

There were two problems with this: a) the early physics and collision detection was pretty jacked up in planetside, and b) you could deploy really close to large cliffs and walls and such.

Sending your team falling to their deaths, or flying off into the distance at superspeeds because they'd collide with other players or walls on respawn; it never got old.

It was similar with just about any vehicle that could hold passengers. The galaxy (troop/vehicle transport huge plane) was awesome to just crash into the ocean or bridges or anything really. Getting the vehicle that resembled the A-Team van (with big guns on top) and loading up some teammates then driving off a cliff on the way to your destination usually worked.

Out of all the above, the respawn vehicle combined with deploying it so that people respawning would collide with each other or objects and get sent flying at seriously fast speeds towards the horizon was the best though, there was nothing more funny than to see people just zooming away in random directions in the air.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Opius posted:

This is my new favourite thing to do in TF2.

I used to teleport snipers from the Orange X tower all the way back to the spawn. It doesn't work quite as well though.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Sanctum posted:

The first grief I ever did was way back on ye olde counterstrike beta, it was on some map which had an APC for CT. The APC was a one man vehicle with a big opening in the back that players could crouch-jump into and ride. One day I got the brilliant idea of backing the opened passenger part into a wall. I did this at the beginning of the round and trapped half my team in the rear of the vehicle.

I loved the APC! We used to fill up the cockpit with smokebombs and then drive it off the cliff, because at that time most computers would lag to poo poo if you threw enough of them in one place.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Here's something interesting I found.

In any Counter-Strike: Source server reporting est_version 0.418, you can type "changelevel <whatever>" with the quotes in the console, and it changes the map instantly. It also leaves no trace in any server log, and 99% of admins don't know what the gently caress and start freaking out.

There's a list of matching servers here for your griefing pleasure.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 7, 2008

InternetHateMachine
Jul 3, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

In any Counter-Strike: Source server reporting est_version 418, you can type "changelevel <whatever>" with the quotes in the console, and it changes the map instantly. It also leaves no trace in any server log, and 99% of admins don't know what the gently caress and start freaking out.

I wish I had CS:S, this sounds like a lot of fun.

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster

mr. nazi posted:

Do a youtube search for "free hugs second life".

No, that doesn't work. It just comes up with some stupid, feel-good video with people holding up "free hugs" signs.

Oh, I found it on dailymotion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5p99x_free-hugs-in-second-life_videogames

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

In any Counter-Strike: Source server reporting est_version 0.418, you can type "changelevel <whatever>" with the quotes in the console, and it changes the map instantly. It also leaves no trace in any server log, and 99% of admins don't know what the gently caress and start freaking out.

[Team Flare] has adopted this as their child. And it is fun.

afaak
Mar 17, 2005

At once as far as Angels kenn he views /
The dismal Situation waste and wilde, /
A Dungeon horrible, on all sides round

Luigi Thirty posted:

I've made a little discovery. "changelevel mapname;quit" causes the server to shut down. With a little more work, we'll be noclipping and godmoding ourselves (though I'm pretty sure this trick is limited to one word commands).

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Shatai posted:

I've made a little discovery. "changelevel mapname;quit" causes the server to shut down. With a little more work, we'll be noclipping and godmoding ourselves (though I'm pretty sure this trick is limited to one word commands).
And what would be remotely funny or worthwhile about outright shutting down a server

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
But what if the server doesn't have de_penisisland :confused:

afaak
Mar 17, 2005

Jetsetlemming posted:

And what would be remotely funny or worthwhile about outright shutting down a server

Just pointing it out for those who might enjoy it.

afaak
Mar 17, 2005

Shumagorath posted:

But what if the server doesn't have de_penisisland :confused:

Well, you could always set up a bustling Counter-Strike server for a rousing match of "test_hardware" or "test_speakers".

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
Man all these UO stories are making me miss that game awfully bad. I tried playing it again recently and it just wasn't nearly as much fun with all the bright multicolored armor and weapons and new rare artifacts to raid for now.

Anyway to contribute,

In City of Heroes pvp zones there are stationary drones guarding both the hero and villain spawn points that will instantly kill anyone who gets too close. One of the powers you can get in the game is Teleport Foe, so me and a friend made costumes of guys in pink spandex with afros and would teleport anyone who got too close into our base where they would be instantly vaporized. I never saw so many hate messages before in my life. It was also really easy to run out and they would like all pile on trying to kill us since they hated us so much and we would just run back to base before they realized what was going on and they would be teleported into the drones again. The best part is they never seemed to learn and just kept doing it and swearing at us

Mister Jefe
May 18, 2004
STUPID CHILD.
I founded a forum to abuse the IP relay service

Griz posted:

it was a third-party server, with corrupt and retarded admins.

You are the one goon that screamed about how Jemmalen should report us to the admins and get us a lockout in Dragonrealms.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Second Life was really great for dressing up like a War of the Worlds tripod, peering through people's walls at their e-humping, and then letting loose with a REALLY loving LOUD version of the tripod death yell.

I kind of miss doing that.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Mister Jefe posted:

You are the one goon that screamed about how Jemmalen should report us to the admins and get us a lockout in Dragonrealms.

because killing and harassing other goons until they quit the game is so awesome :rolleyes:

rules lawyering against self-righteous douchebags like you is hilarious, especially when you're still crying about it two years later.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Stalgren posted:

Man all these UO stories are making me miss that game awfully bad. I tried playing it again recently and it just wasn't nearly as much fun with all the bright multicolored armor and weapons and new rare artifacts to raid for now.

Anyway to contribute,

In City of Heroes pvp zones there are stationary drones guarding both the hero and villain spawn points that will instantly kill anyone who gets too close. One of the powers you can get in the game is Teleport Foe, so me and a friend made costumes of guys in pink spandex with afros and would teleport anyone who got too close into our base where they would be instantly vaporized. I never saw so many hate messages before in my life. It was also really easy to run out and they would like all pile on trying to kill us since they hated us so much and we would just run back to base before they realized what was going on and they would be teleported into the drones again. The best part is they never seemed to learn and just kept doing it and swearing at us
That sounds like a ridiculously obvious power with no use outside griefing. One must wonder why it was even there. Was it ever cut or anything, or was that kind of insta-kill tactic intended by the devs? I can't imagine it would be.

Mister Jefe
May 18, 2004
STUPID CHILD.
I founded a forum to abuse the IP relay service

Griz posted:

because killing and harassing other goons until they quit the game is so awesome :rolleyes:

rules lawyering against self-righteous douchebags like you is hilarious, especially when you're still crying about it two years later.

I'm not crying, just think its funny that you screamed for admins and post in a grief thread.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Mister Jefe posted:

I'm not crying, just think its funny that you screamed for admins and post in a grief thread.

just because I enjoy pissing off idiots doesn't mean that I automatically find new-player-griefing funny. it's on the same level as the flare spam - not funny, not clever, and no skill required.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Jetsetlemming posted:

That sounds like a ridiculously obvious power with no use outside griefing. One must wonder why it was even there. Was it ever cut or anything, or was that kind of insta-kill tactic intended by the devs? I can't imagine it would be.

You have to realize that PvP is not the main focus of City of Heroes/Villains. It's a cool diversion, but by no means a big part of the game. So basically, it's how the devs intended it. If people get too close, you can teleport them into your drones. There's no PvP objectives in the respective bases, so there's no reason for the opposite faction to try and get in there other than griefing. Also, you have to actually HIT the person with the Teleport Foe power, which can be difficult if they have high defense.

EDIT: I forgot to answer why Teleport Foe is in there at all. It's mostly used in PvE for pulling one foe into a massive circle of death. For instance, if you are a Mastermind villain, you can put one foe right in the middle of your pets so they demolish the poor bastard.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Griz posted:

just because I enjoy pissing off idiots doesn't mean that I automatically find new-player-griefing funny. it's on the same level as the flare spam - not funny, not clever, and no skill required.

She was an annoying attention whore that more than a few goons decided would be fun to gently caress with, and the way in which they did it (pigbreakfast) was actually clever and amusing for the most part.

You squealed for days about it with her and told her repeatedly to tattle and try to get everyone doing it locked out of the game and now you're here acting like you're some kind of tough guy griefer, which is just hilariously hypocritical. You're exactly the sort of person the goons griefed in the first place, and so was she.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

WebDog posted:

May be more of a cheap tactic than greifing.

Homeworld had slight side effect on it's game mechanics by way of the humble collector.

There were two little known facts.

1. They could hyperspace.

2. They were still classed as a corvette, allowing them to suicide run.

This is why I would play carrier-only games.

MC Sucka Hater
Jan 28, 2008

It's Time To Succeed.

Crackerjack posted:

Second Life is quite possibly the easiest game to grief. I discovered wearing a silly costume and standing near people is enough to set them off. Especially so if you act completely oblivious and never speak.

Role Playing sims are the best for this. The owners of which are usually hyper-controlling egomaniacs. In their minds, by simply occupying space in their sim and looking silly, you are committing a grievous transgression against them and all they hold dear. Which often results in an immediate ban from the place or at least a conversation with an angry owner. Having your cuddly creature able to pee on command helps, too.

Totoro pissing people off convinced me to give this game a try.

EDIT: Learning curve

MC Sucka Hater fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 7, 2008

Nigger Goku
Dec 11, 2004

あっちに行け

Shumagorath posted:

I used to teleport snipers from the Orange X tower all the way back to the spawn. It doesn't work quite as well though.
The nice thing about this is that that's actually two exits on top of each other, so they can't move at all. :)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Man, griefing stories are awesome - loving with people in creative ways is hilarious and I would be jumping this kind of bandwagon as soon as I have the time and computer to play multiplayer games.

Unfortunately, this is precisely the mentality that makes stupid fucks like the flarers exist. The giant blob monster and the pimpmobile busting cybers in SL is clever and funny. Re-enacting Gilligans Island in WoW is that too. Hell, so is training - you need a modicum of skill and subtlety to pull it off.

But poo poo like flaring is lame and terrible. TKing is mostly poo poo, unless you provoke the entire team to slaughter itself (then it's sorta funny).

Isko
May 20, 2008
I and someone else (I think "Flare in my pants") went onto this zombie mod server on CS:S. I was changing the maps every couple of minutes and the admin had no idea what was going on. He thought there was something wrong with the server so he told everyone to go to their second server. The same thing happened there and he still thought it was a server-side problem. So then we moved on to their third server. Unfortunately I couldn't get the server to switch maps on this one but I'm sure if I did he finally would have realized one of us was doing it. It was a little anti-climactic.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
More griefing in Renegade, this time I was able to trap at least 3 engineers in the barracks while NOD destroyed the rest of our base, when they reached me it was a bit too late for the engineers to do much of anything.

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster
Anyone who hasn't tried Second Life really should. The voice chat really adds a lot to the game, and there's really not much to learn. You don't have to actually create anything yourself if you don't want to (and in fact, the majority of people in the game never do create anything for themselves, they just purchase it pre-made).

I walked into this bondage sim today wearing an avatar made by a guy named TOASTXOR, I think. They were voice chatting, and their reactions were pretty funny. "Why the hell is there a hot dog in here?" "Is he getting up onto the pole?"

Those pink and blue balls are "poseballs". You sit on them to animate your avatar into all sorts of sick positions, usually.

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
I dislike the idea of the whole team flaregun theory. HEY WE ARE GOONS SO WHAT WE WILL DO IS CRASH SERVERS IN A PRETTY UNFUNNY WAY.

I think there's 2 kinds of griefing, the cute undeniably funny kind (Roomba holding a game hostage by keeping a scout in the door of spawn and making people vote for Ron Paul) and annoying gamebreaking griefing (you crashing a server). Your whole "GOON PRIDE" thing kinda doesn't apply here, in that I always felt that goons pride themselves on a higher quality of griefing rather than the equivalent to chat spam.

C'mon fellas, you can do better.

Regardless I'd be up for some Second Life griefin' if anyone is up for it.

BreadLoaf
Jun 11, 2006

Event Horizon
After I recovered from laughing so hard at the second life stories and screenshots, I went and got the client. Exploring the game is like stumbling onto a webpage that spawns infinite pop ups. This entire game is ad's, repeating (low resolution) textures, and gratuitous amounts of sex. That said, its very easy to grief.

I stumbled onto three male avatars who were creating a police station. One of them kept showing off his poorly made helicopter while the others applauded him for how awesome it was. Then they started driving a blazer on the roof of the station. Yeah.

If anyone can tip me off on better ways to grief the game, it would be appreciated. Up to this point I've just been walking into peoples houses and watching them. It usually pisses them off.

BreadLoaf fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jul 7, 2008

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Well I was also convinced by this thread to give Second Life another try. I had played it before but after some dude hooked me up with a bunch of cool toys I got banned pretty fast.

First thing I did though was go to some pokemon furry land and grab my free pokeball thrower that I remember from last time I played. Basically you throw it at people and they are stuck in a giant pokeball and really can't move unless you release them.
Naturally with my shiny new pokeballs in hand and bongs (with added smoke effects) attached to every other body part I set out to explore some exotic night clubs and catch me some new pokemon. I think I may have mistaken a lot of people for pokemon though cause I had a lot of people yelling at me. After one of these adventures into a nightclub some guy ejected me from the lot and then PMed me that I was a moron and was done for.
Well naturally with the handy voice chat feature I called him up and to my surprise he answered and began yelling at me. He quickly told me that he was a disabled Iraqi solider injured in combat with pieces of shrapnel stuck in his back. He also didn't forget to mention how lame I was for coming into peoples lives and hard work and destroying it.
I could tell that this guy was pretty pissed so I decided to change the topic and ask him what the weather was like in Iraq. He then told me it was a living hell to be there and he had lost three friends then proceeded to call me a piece of poo poo and all that other jazz again and hung up.

Oh also some other guy (who I think may have been from the same place) told me he was going to hunt me down and kill me for putting the "love of his life" in a pokeball.

I have honestly never laughed so hard in my life griefing people. Some admin ruined my fun though when they banned me for an hour. They said something in broken english that I couldn't even understand about violating the ToS I think. Naturally I asked if they were outsourcing admin positions but I guess the admin didn't like that and logged me out. :smith:

Ralconn fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jul 7, 2008

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

mr. nazi posted:

Out of all the above, the respawn vehicle combined with deploying it so that people respawning would collide with each other or objects and get sent flying at seriously fast speeds towards the horizon was the best though, there was nothing more funny than to see people just zooming away in random directions in the air.

My old outfit filmed this video. Let's say it's a tech demo of Planetside physics. God that game sucked technically, but damned if it didn't give the most awesome moments in gaming history.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I agree with the people saying that the flare bug is more of a douchebag move than some clever griefing. The best videos I have from Team Flare are my interactions with random pubbies asking me how to do the glitch and me giving them the run around.

Edit: Also, I would like to hear more mud stories. Post them if you have any.

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster

dsage posted:

Edit: Also, I would like to hear more mud stories. Post them if you have any.

On Discworld Mud, witches could create these tricks that would messages appear in the room. Well, there's this famous NPC thief named Ilik who would steal your money, so I made a trick that said "You notice Ilik Tanikalot" or something to that effect.

It was pretty funny to do that in a busy room. A lot of people would flee in horror and confusion. Sometimes I'd do it outside the main city, which he was supposed to be bound to, and people would freak out, thinking he was bugged. Somebody even filled out a bug report for it.

Another time, a friend and I held one of the player-run stores hostage with wizard lights. If you created enough of them in a room, it'd be so bright that everyone inside would go blind. This made the store pretty useless, since nobody could see what was in stock or anything, and the clerk in charge yelled at us. We were eventually stopped by one of the creators :(

You used to be able to throw pies at people. Wizards had a spell that could create cream pies, so I started a wizard, learned the spell, and just ran around creaming people. For about 5 minutes after getting hit, you'd have messages about wiping cream filling out of your eyes. I forget if it'd make you come out of hiding when you did that.

Priests had a lot of ways to annoy people. You could put wards on objects that would harm whoever stole them. Usually this could only be used on other playkillers, but you could ward an item and then sell it to one of the general stores. Then when some poor newbie thief tried to shoplift it, the ward would go off and kill them.

My favorite thing to do as a priest was to make a bunch of money. You could get holy relics by using "search" at your altar for a while, and each relic was worth a hundred dollars or so. Not many people realized this, so I quickly became one of the richest people on the mud. I threw my money around just to annoy people. They said I was abusing a bug even though they had specifically coded it into the game (they just forgot to change it after they made holy relics be worth a lot of money).

I offered to pay some of the older players to stop being jackasses, and I think that's when the creators started looking into how I was making my money. Oh well.

HugnKiss
Jul 7, 2008

I Don't Want To Grow Up
Counter-Strike:Source
Our favorite map to play is BreakFloor. It's the best map to teamkill on. All we do is wait for our teammates to stand in a vulnerable position and simply shoot the floor underneath them and send them to their death. It's extremely easy to do, and the results are always hilarious.

We also copy player names by inserting a fake space (ALT+0160) after the name. Then we'll votekick or voteban that player, and usually they'll be the ones who'll be kicked.

World of Warcraft

Alliance is the best side to play on. There's so many immature kids who are so easy to mess around with. We currently have a guild set up on Burning Blade (Alliance) called <Everything Nice>. This is a spoof of a former hardcore raiding guild called <Everything Evil>. We have over 1,000 members because all we do is spam guild invites. Our guild bank is set so that everyone can deposit, but only the guild masters can withdraw. We're able to get items and gold from people stupid enough to deposit.

One of my favorite things that I used to do was to stand at the fountain in Stormwind and say "I'm quitting World of Warcraft, but before I log out for the last time I'm going to give away all my gold. Meet me at the SW Fountain for your share!". I'd block all incoming trades, so that it would always show that I'm busy. It would always work and I'd have people trying to open up trades with me for hours.

I used to be in a guild called <Divinity> on Uther. One day I was kicked from the guild for arguing with some 12 year old kid who was also an officer. I started up some drama in trade chat saying that the guild was racist and kicked me because of the color of my skin.

Also one day someone whispered my friend and asked for gold. My friend said he would give him gold only if he whispered me what he told him. We went back and forth for a while before he gave up.

Then one early morning I followed some kid for a whole hour around the game. He kept calling me stupid names and tried losing me the entire time. The highlight of it was when he logged off for a second, and then came back and pretended to be his father. He told me to quit following his son or else he would call 911.

Halo 2
My friend and I were the greatest trolls on Halo 2. Our favorite thing to do was to screw around in Big Team Battle. Our favorite map/gametype was Assault on Headlong. I'd grab the bomb and my friend would get the Banshee. Then I'd jump on top of the Banshee and he'd carry me to the top of a building where no one could get me. I'd sit with the bomb for the whole game until everyone would quit. Since I was near the bomb, it would stay in sudden death the entire round.

We also do the similar for Capture the flag games. We'd get the flag and just hide forever. Halo 2 was great for trolling.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Reene posted:

You squealed for days about it with her and told her repeatedly to tattle and try to get everyone doing it locked out of the game and now you're here acting like you're some kind of tough guy griefer, which is just hilariously hypocritical. You're exactly the sort of person the goons griefed in the first place, and so was she.

getting insane obsessive freaks like you banned from games for blatant rulebreaking is the best griefing. you're still whining about this poo poo two years later jesus loving christ

edit: I don't really remember what the situation was, but it didn't matter anyway because the main objective was getting rid of your crazy rear end, and this was a prime opportunity. shame it didn't work.

Griz fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 7, 2008

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Luigi Thirty posted:

This won't work for me. :(

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I used to play CS:S and only played on a 24/7 Office map. People got to know me there as a decent player who always liked talking while playing. I get bored of games pretty fast, so I decided to hold "business meetings" inside the office around the table. We'd all take looks at the projector and see where we could cut corners in the next fiscal year. I'd ask the team if they came up with any new flavours and I'd give out the location of our Christmas party for that year.

Every single time the Counter Terrorists would storm in and wreck our poo poo. We'd plead with the American government to stop killing us; we aren't terrorists and they must have us confused by our clothes. We promise - the knives we are carrying are simply for opening our pudding cups.

We got a lot of laughs and it was fun to get away from a FPS for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Frank Howley posted:

Then one early morning I followed some kid for a whole hour around the game. He kept calling me stupid names and tried losing me the entire time. The highlight of it was when he logged off for a second, and then came back and pretended to be his father. He told me to quit following his son or else he would call 911.

Some guildmates and I followed a kid around the blood elf starter areas one night. I forget what the kid had been doing, but it was obnoxious enough to warrant investigation. We just went /follow on him and tagged behind as he tried to do his quests. We began to /cheer and /applaud him every time he actually killed something, and acted as moral support.

Eventually we told him that we were from the future, and in the future he was a great and powerful ruler but this was a crucial juncture in his history and we had been sent to make sure he didn't choose poorly. Stuff like "If you ride that flier back to Silvermoon to train now, THE ENTIRE SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM WILL BE DISRUPTED!"

The poor kid grew incredibly paranoid with us following around, so he tried to psych us out. He'd sit, log out, and return 30 seconds later only to see us standing there waiting for him ("You have returned! It was foretold!") It got so bad that, well, he got paranoid enough to spill his guts.

He started apologizing for a bunch of stuff he'd done in-game, stuff that we hadn't seen. He explained, of course, that his brother was the one who'd done it when he wasn't at the keyboard, all sorts of stuff. It wasn't his fault, he swears, so stop bugging him already!

It didn't stop us from following him around until we got bored of the whole thing.

• Locked thread