Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Infinite Monkeys posted:

I tried this months ago but it wouldn't work for some reason, IIRC there was an invisible barrier at the bottom of the cage or something? Cool that he got it working, though.
Yeah, unless they've changed the collision detection it doesn't work.
You can still make a big spindly-armed/a giant wall thing and constantly get in everyone's way until the other team shoots you though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I've never played the game, so I don't know if this'll work, but what if it wasn't a closed cage? Like two arms making a circle?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Infinite Monkeys posted:

I tried this months ago but it wouldn't work for some reason, IIRC there was an invisible barrier at the bottom of the cage or something? Cool that he got it working, though.

Somebody in the Robocraft thread got it working months ago. The cage has to be huge to break the collision detection, but it does work.

AceClown posted:

IT loving WORKS

It either makes it so they can't move at all or the physics spazzes out and flings them away lol

Already getting tears, this is great.

Is there an inbuilt screenshot button?

Lonjon posted:

That's brilliant! Thank you for that excellent idea! As soon as I saw your robot I had to go and make one of my own.

Interesting thing about this. Usually when I cage a bot on the practice field it suicides in less than 30 seconds.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 8, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I wonder what Tier that would be placed in now. They changed it up a while back so that flying/hover parts weigh in more on the Tier Points.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

MisterOblivious posted:

Somebody in the Robocraft thread got it working months ago. The cage has to be huge to break the collision detection, but it does work.

It was like this thing, with a couple of extra bars near the edges.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Croccers posted:

I wonder what Tier that would be placed in now. They changed it up a while back so that flying/hover parts weigh in more on the Tier Points.

Probably Tier 3 at the lowest.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does putting a chair on a railgun and flying around the arena still work?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

RatHat posted:

Does putting a chair on a railgun and flying around the arena still work?

Sort of, but they nerfed helium blocks flying range so it drops off before you reach the top of the skybox. Only planes can really get to the top.

Just add a few more boosters to the helium block :ssh:

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkx6YQAMgog

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
expert play, g0t_hats.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeeWXqAHhJM

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The real grief here is recording in 4:3 (or is that 5:4, they're both awful) and not unfucking the colour balance.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Kazinsal posted:

The real grief here is my posting

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Kazinsal posted:

The real grief here is recording in 4:3 (or is that 5:4, they're both awful) and not unfucking the colour balance.

buy me a new monitor

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

g0t_hats posted:

buy me a new monitor

I'm not sure if anyone should be buying possible Child Molesters anything

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Rrussom posted:

:thurman:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Rrussom posted:

a lawyer perhaps

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Maybe a mail-order bride for reeducation.

Rrussom posted:

What is the story behind your redtext?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Someone said in the SB thread that they was tired of how the devs were handling the game or something, another user, Jackard i think, said "Why dont you take that attitude to the game dev thread and see where that gets you" of course he didnt but a few pages later I did.

Rrussom posted:

I was told this would be a better fit in this thread, so here goes.

I'm really loving tired with how long (and how fruitless) the game development phase is. Some time ago, this very forum sold me on a game that was in Development hell for quite some time, for long stretches we'd here NOTHING about it nor would we even get the slightest update, and when it finally did come out did i get the amazing game that the forums AND THE MODS promised me? NO, i got a retarded piece of poo poo that calls itself a "Game" filled with nothing but sexist jokes, toilet humor, and none of the charm from the original games. Plus come to find out, the very mod who shilled for it liked to draw women being turned into toilets, what a loving freak.

Thanks games, Fifty dollars well loving spent, and i hope gamedevs legitimately get shoved in lockers for the rest of their life. and to the former mod, you can go gently caress yourself, you know who you are. :argh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Don't let him fool you Rrussom likes toilets and women turning into toilets as much as pedo dude up there likes making creepy threats

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Don't let him fool you Rrussom likes toilets and women turning into toilets as much as pedo dude up there likes making creepy threats

This is also true.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Starbound has women that turn into toilets?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rrussom posted:

Someone said in the SB thread that they was tired of how the devs were handling the game or something, another user, Jackard i think, said "Why dont you take that attitude to the game dev thread and see where that gets you" of course he didnt but a few pages later I did.

So is it a story about how you got griefed? I'm so confused.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Len posted:

Read the post above his.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cojawfee posted:

Read the post above his.

Hey reading is hard. :downs:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Machai posted:

Starbound has women that turn into toilets?
Even for mods that's pretty weird.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Croccers posted:

Even for mods that's pretty weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l0NWp7FVYY&t=20s

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

:yikes:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I am impressed by the level of detail on the sprites. They cry and everything.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Len posted:

Nah, i was just shitposting, infact i expected to atleast be probated. this is, infact, a great alternitive.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
:gas:

new thread

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

mng posted:

:gas:

new thread

I think it's about time. Though I wish that we could have a "best of the best" section in the OP that have been featured on this thread.

I really love the SS13 stories :allears: because despite knowing what the game looks like, I imagine a GTA like environment and graphics instead.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Soulex posted:

I think it's about time. Though I wish that we could have a "best of the best" section in the OP that have been featured on this thread.

I really love the SS13 stories :allears: because despite knowing what the game looks like, I imagine a GTA like environment and graphics instead.

SS13 is like Eve in that it's a lot more fun to read about than to play.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Soulex posted:

By that point every other video game would just be integrated into SS13.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Soulex posted:

I think the first 5-10 pages or so it should be acceptable to repost stories people have posted from this thread as a best of the best. But yea, new thread would prob be good at this point.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

SS13 is like Eve in that it's a lot more fun to read about than to play.

It can be a blast to play, you just kinda have to make your own fun which not everyone can do

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

a medical mystery posted:

It can be a blast to play, you just kinda have to make your own fun which not everyone can do

Someone with search options find the one about two people making a nuclear explosion out of potato chips after the admin tried to nerf all of the space station destroying objects

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I think that was me. Lemme check.

EDIT: Nope, it wasn't. I can find it though. Hang on. Found it!

neogeo0823 posted:

And of course, we can't have this story without the original posts, chained together into a nice story. Because it's an amazing story and deserves to be repeated. It's still in my top 3 favorite stories about this game.

PopeCrunch posted:

When I scream and holler and delete the lights in Chemistry and alter one of the chemical machines to only output blood and vomit, it's not because someone's using a recipe list. That just means it's time to punish Chemistry for existing.

Clockwork Cupcake posted:

The only time I remember you loving with Chem, you changed one of the dispensers so it only gave out blood and added something that exploded HORRIBLY when chilled to the list on one of the others. Was it "reward Chemistry for existing" time that day or what?

Klayboxx posted:

When poop existed you would alter them to only output poop and piss. I remember that quite fondly.

I remember one time a bunch of admins were on and the whole chemistry department was deleted and replaced with a really bad .gif and a BFG was placed inside the .gif and multiple people fell for it.

Captain Bravo posted:

The best Chemistry round was the round where Science was determined to have finally gone Too FarTM and the entire research wing was deleted and replaced with a band room. :v:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm trying to picture what could possibly qualify as this, and every time all I come up with is a smoking hole open to space in the station where Chemistry once was.

Captain Bravo posted:

I'll give you a hint, it was immediately after one of Cog's big chemistry updates, where he added in new stuff. :v:

Coolguye posted:

I wish I could find the screencaps on the wiki of the time Pope went absolutely loving apeshit on Chemistry. He murdered all the Chemists, and deleted everything that could potentially be used to do chemistry, even in the kitchen. He sent announcements at each step in this process, getting more and more furious each time someone found some other way to do chemistry on the station. Dozens of people asked "what did the chemists do???" over and over again.

And the next CentCom announcement simply stated: 'THEY EXISTED.'

PopeCrunch posted:

I couldn't figure out how you goatfuckers STILL managed to be terrorists with potato chips and water. YOU FOUND A WAY. I had two coders on IRC combing through reactions trying to figure out exactly how you motherless fucks were managing to make potato chips and water into explosives, and they had no loving idea. It shouldn't have been possible. It couldn't have been possible. I fear for the safety of the world if the people who managed to find a way to do murders with mother loving potato chips and goddamned water ever get recruited by a real world terrorist organization. The headlines the next day will read something like WE'RE ALL hosed: SOME NERD KILLS 3/4 OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION WITH A USED BANDAID AND THE SQUEAKER FROM A DOG TOY. THIS SECURITY PHOTO SHOWS THE SUSPECT PURCHASING A STICK OF GUM. DOES HE WANT FRESH BREATH, OR IS HE FINISHING THE JOB? OUR ONLY CONSOLATION IS THAT WE WILL PROBABLY NEVER SEE IT COMING. FILM AT 11 IF WE'RE LUCKY. OR UNLUCKY. gently caress IT. WHATEVER. -(AP)

edit to add: I would like to thank the Maker's Mark Distillery for providing me with the liquid courage to have made it through that terrible time

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 22, 2014

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Eonwe posted:

I think the first 5-10 pages or so it should be acceptable to repost stories people have posted from this thread as a best of the best. But yea, new thread would prob be good at this point.

This thread has existed since 2008. gently caress creating a new one there's nothing wrong with this one.

"I have to go back to my home planet now" *jumps off a cliff*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlMlhiz-Wss

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

And there's some great cross-team teamwork in this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLOMaZFtQw

• Locked thread