Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I only grief because I hate that map so much, but all my friends still play it. When the admin being teleported in that picture threatened to kick me I ran around ubering snipers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

moomoocowsly posted:

While not as creative as some of the other things posted, in COD4 you can easily block doorways just by standing in them. I try to make sure I stop in a doorway every time I go away from the console for a while.
Back in the day, you and a friend could trap the entire terrorist team in their spawn on CS_Siege by standing in the doorway and air vent, and new players often didn't know about the vent. If I was having a bad day there would be five minutes of people bitching while I pretended not to speak english followed by one grenade that ended it all.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 27, 2008

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Funso Banjo posted:

Roomba are Mygot members.
What? Team Roomba has been griefing (or just abusing their own server anyway) since BF2. Myg0t is something else entirely.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The dating game was probably GBS's finest hour.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I can't seem to spam flares fast enough to cause enough grief to the 4chan servers. Any tips? I'm firing at wooden surfaces at angles between 30 and 45 degrees, near ammo piles or cabinets.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Tain posted:

I just tried to pull the flare glitch off, and it seems like they got patched out.
I thought so too, but you really have to get the angles and surfaces just right. It worked all of 30min ago. The flares stick but I can't shoot enough to lag the server.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Isko posted:

That reminded me of this one time when I was playing as an Alien online in AvP2. On one map I was able to climb off the side and land just below the ground so I couldn't be found and from there I could attack people from below. They had to get to an objective or something so I basically killed everyone but one guy and then tailwhipped the last. For people who haven't played AvP2, tailwhipping doesn't do much damage but stuns the player. He was basically stuck there untill he eventually died or suicided with a grenade.

Man, how come there hasn't been a AvP3 made yet :(.
That reminds me of two of my more hilarious griefing moments in AvP2:

- I joined a server against some lone Predalien as a Predator. I hadn't played the game in over a year so I was a little rusty, but this guy would just pounce from across the map and charge at me swinging. He killed me a few times and every time he did he would type "noob" into the chat. This didn't stop when I told him I'd had the game since launch, so I switched to an Assault Predator and started abusing the plasma gun. For anyone who didn't play the game, the plasma gun could either shoot lethal energy blasts or lob three "stun" blasts that would freeze players and discharge their weapon energy. Every time he pounced in I would stun and then shoot him, and his respawn timer was just long enough to fully recharge my energy and do it again. Every time he died he'd whine "no plasma noob", and pointing out which one of us was a noob for not being able to deal with my simple tactic was completely lost on him.

- My friend liked to play Marine with his settings way down to see through Predator cloaks, but he was even worse when we'd team up over Teamspeak and use his motion tracker to tell me where the aliens were coming from, where to lay traps, etc. against a team of aliens.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Opius posted:

This is my new favourite thing to do in TF2.

I used to teleport snipers from the Orange X tower all the way back to the spawn. It doesn't work quite as well though.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
But what if the server doesn't have de_penisisland :confused:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Isko posted:

I think we should get a small group together of spies on a team, maybe 3 or 4, and have ridiculous pretentious discussions with extreme views on politics etc. over the mic while holding the cigarette case and smoking cigarettes. Not only would we be doing nothing good for the team but we could also be creative and funny to some and extremely annoying to others.
Let me know when you're doing this so I can get that drat Pyro achievement.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

joltx posted:

Furthermore, we've gotten dozens of death threats, a good number of phone calls, countless screenfuls of angry text, positions on personal shitlists, tagbans from probably half of the Arranged team clans on the USEast server, and a few 'hate accounts'. (the previous sentence was stolen almost directly from the official WC3 games thread.)
The use of mechanical critters was genius. I'm impressed.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

EVIR Gibson posted:

wait wait wait LLCoolJ is *back* or is it just a gimmick account?
You might be thinking of JJCoolJ?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Xeno posted:

Qqq qqqq qqqq qq qqqqqq qqqqqq qqqqqqq qq qqq qq qqqqqq qqqq qqq? Qqqq qqqqqqq q qqqqq qq qqqqqq qqq qqqq qqqqqqqqqqq qqqq qq qqq qqqqq'q qqqqqq qqqqqqqq.
This reminds me of how midway through Diablo 2's lifetime you could type a long string of periods and spaces to drop all the Koreans from your game.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
This whole building teleporters under snipers thing is hard. I need to coordinate with some friends to build enough so that they can't walk around them, or an opposing team that doesn't shoot at the teleporters.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

m2pt5 posted:

There's a free three week trial of Eve Online on Steam now. What's good for pissing people off?
Make banner ads for your guild.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mumblyfish posted:

Valve's response to the ticket was rather amusing.
See, this is why I wished CoD4 used VAC on their retail edition somehow instead of using PunkBuster while hooked up to Steam. I've only run into an aimbot on a non-PB server, but supposedly they're a real problem and all Punkbuster did was kick me from games until I set it up manually... several times.

Anyhow, griefing the snipers on 2fort became too time-consuming with teleporters so I switched to the flamethrower, but then the one sniper who could actually speak complained to an admin. Luckily I was gone before he could finish saying my username so I can just change it and go back in a few days. I actually ended up being productive on another 24/7 2fort server later since a bunch of the Pyro achievements are 2fort-oriented.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 10, 2008

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The Gravel Pit bug was actually considered a bannable exploit on most servers and before it was fixed the map essentially disappeared from rotations. I find most of Roomba's TF2 stuff funny, but not that. Keep in mind most of them are old KFS admins who would routinely gently caress with people on their own server using admin powers.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Forget griefing regular TF2 then. I might install Fortress Forever just to irritate the TFC elitists who can't handle someone shooting at them before they get into the enemy base.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Hilight of the night:

"Sniper Wolf", previously the team points leader on 2fort, decided he would rather switch to Scout and run face-first into a sentry gun than deal with my teleporters and constant cloaking/uncloaking. The other team seemed to be on to it and never shot me, although I'm pretty good at doing the Cabbage Patch to dodge snipers. I think about 10min prior to this Sniper Wolf said over global chat "well i'm a sniper and there's nothign you can do to make me change" when confronted with the uselessness of his own existence.

Would it be possible to write a server-side mod that threw someone into the water if they stood on the battlements for longer than X seconds? Does the Source server have the slap command?

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 17, 2008

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

AuMaestro posted:

What a shame.

Maybe I'll get the TF2 if there are lots of team damage servers, though.
Nope. You have to get creative. Teleporters are my mainstay.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Bozart posted:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but at one point in BF1942 if you drove an APC into an AA gun as fast as you could, and had the AA gun pointed in a specific direction, the APC would get "stuck" for a second, and then suddenly shoot upwards into the air faster than a plane.

I laughed until I was crying sometimes.
We pretty much made a sport out of this in Desert Combat. C4 was kind of erratic in helping the jump though.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Phenotype posted:

Uber Tristram
Is it actually possible for a single player to kill one of the Prime Evils in a multi-player game? I never played 1.10 but I remember seeing Poor Man's page and it sounded like you needed to be an accounting wizard with incredible precision to do that.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Wiping out your team at the start of a Search & Destroy match in CoD4 isn't very rewarding on the PC unless you like being shitlisted for "excessive negative score". loving PunkBuster actually worked as intended for once.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Not enough people play Soul Calibur 4 with mics for me to appreciate the kind of damage my characters are doing to their mental health :(

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Logostomp posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4

Some Team Fortress 2 griefing.
Did you really think no one had seen this in 49 pages?

Sanctum posted:

The best was disguising as the sniper's corpse then stabbing them again, and again. As long as you drop ammo before you feign they always think it's their own corpse from the last time you stabbed them. :gibs:
This worked really, really well. The Spy in TFC was a lot more versatile, or at least I was much better at it in TFC. In a good game of Well I could be in the enemy base for half an hour without being caught or killed.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 10, 2008

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sunblood posted:

That... That is beautiful.

One of my buddies likes to play the Sonic drowning music right as the countdown timer reaches ~10 seconds. It's funny to see how many people actually start to panic and freak out.

That music is terrifying. :colbert:
Can you post it? That will make a great compliment to my playing Firebat_spawn.wav every time I pick Pyro.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

moosecow333 posted:

So many angry screams, so many pubbie tears.
If you don't own the server you are effectively pubbies too.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Left 4 Dead is so much fun right when school gets out.

I jump off the NM1 roof immediately after loading, and my team dies inside the building at the hole in the floor. I bolt straight out of the NM2 saferoom and down the vent while everyone behind me gets caught, and after burning any downed survivors with a molotov I still make it halfway to the panic event by myself.

Guess you had to be there.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

m2pt5 posted:

If you jump to the air conditioner (or whatever it is; the thing on the wall on the same side of the building as the street exit) then use your medkit, you can possibly get to the saferoom by yourself, which should really piss them off. Especially if none of them saw how you got to street level without dying.
Oh no, I jump straight off the front so everyone sees me do it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

turd posted:

Someone always wants the crap in my house. So I'd magic us both to the house and tell our victim to go in and take whatever he can carry. Because the house was private, as soon as the victim set foot onto the house he was attackable to the 5 or so guys hidden in and around it. He'd be killed in seconds, and because he was technically a criminal by being on the property there was no negative repercussion for any of the murderers involved. There were lots of incredulous OoOoOOoooOoooos from people who had no clue what just happened to them.
... so basically it was Texas.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
My favourite Pubmasters video without a doubt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyQu6jHo4

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Being an intentionally lovely player would only annoy people who post in the Left 4 Dead thread. If you want to annoy regular people just find ways to be suddenly dead. When they get to the next lull and ask what happened just claim your W key stuck and sent you flying off a roof.

Dead Air is great for this because you can sneak out a window and no one will see you die.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Code Jockey posted:

This isn't just CoD4, this is every single multiplayer game ever made
CoD4 seems to have it built right in. Literally every server on the planet has a list of perks and weapons you aren't allowed to use.

Punkbuster means TKing for long stretches is out since you will get kicked for "excessively negative score". That's about one RPG at your team's feet at the start of a Hardcore round before you're gone. You're pretty much forced to grief the other team somehow, but fortunately I've never run into an admin. Server doesn't allow Martyrdom and grenade launchers? Use Overkill + Martyrdom! Playing on a headshot farming server? Call in your airstrikes! Playing any kind of game at all? Everyone on your team loves stun grenades!

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 22, 2009

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I still have my WarCraft 3 discs. Is it worth re-installing just to go into DotA games and play horribly?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Namarrgon posted:

Only if you play it with someone you know. Else the game will destroy you. And it won't be very fun.
No I mean I want to intentionally play badly and watch my team flame out as we lose. I played once years ago and got stuck with a lovely hero at random, then got yelled at when I kept dying.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
New favourite: Make a Left 4 Dead lobby and start playing Thriller over voice chat. Refuse to start searching for a server until the song ends. Bonus points if you take the audio from the full music video.

Another one I haven't tested much is to run and hide as soon as your team gets close enough to a Witch to trigger the crying / character chatter. Run as far back / into the safe room as possible and cower in a corner. Refuse to come out until the Witch is dead. If you can jump off something tall in your panic, even better.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sanctum posted:

How are you playing music from the lobby? I can't do that with either HLSS or HLDJ. And whatever happened to your bro wajack!, he just disappeared from the forums.
Make Thriller your background movie and hold your mic up to the speakers.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

floor is lava posted:

Was alright for a glitch. The flare glitch was 100x more fun. It's hard enough to get the intelligence so if you pull this off you deserve it.
I love how the sniper is totally oblivious. gently caress 2fort.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
1. Start Left 4 Dead lobby
2. Hook iPod to line-in
3. Wait for lobby to fill
4. Declare that you will be playing Thriller before starting the server search as a tribute to Michael Jackson.

Amazingly, some people stayed the entire seven minutes. Others kept landing in my lobby and eventually just accepted it.

When the match started I got Tank on the second rooftop and scored a home run with Louis, then managed to kill or trap the others and win. At the start of our turn as Survivors I jumped out a window but my team didn't realize votekicking doesn't save you from a ledge :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Promoted Pawn posted:

You already posted that.
Yes, but this time I wasn't holding my headset up to the speakers and using my background movie.

• Locked thread