Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

No. 6 posted:

After 3 months of waiting, it's here. Time to get some mods going.

I hope the mods comment was sarcasm, if not can we start a pool for what stupid thing you will do to it first. My bet is barend mirrors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

n8r posted:

I hope the mods comment was sarcasm, if not can we start a pool for what stupid thing you will do to it first. My bet is barend mirrors.
Then yellow headlight lens and fork gators for the hipster bike mod trifecta. But seriously, awesome looking bike.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Not sure about bar end mirrors. I like the look of them but I need something that's functional too. I will certainly being doing something to rid myself of the horrendous rear fender/brake light assembly that comes stock. It's literally the only thing I dislike on the bike.

I plan on changing the headlight bulb to a brighter LED bulb. I'll likely throw on some accent pieces from Rizoma as well. Nothing too dramatic. I love what BMW built and don't want to change it too much.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I really dig the r9t but would remove the license plate holder.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Are there even any decent led headlights these days or are they all still "FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY", meaning "not good enough or legal"

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Get rid of those nice sticky tires for some stupid knobby dual sport tires.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Are there even any decent led headlights these days or are they all still "FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY", meaning "not good enough or legal"

There are the JW Speaker units which Harley-Davidson offer on their bikes, but if you mean bulbs for existing housings I have no idea. For projectors perhaps, but I wouldn't have thought so for reflector housings..?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Phy posted:

One of them is ugly as sin but pulls like a fukken train and makes a suprisingly good tourer

I don't think there's anything surprising about how good a tourer a Goldwing is... just look at it.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

n8r posted:

Get rid of those nice sticky tires for some stupid knobby dual sport tires.

Totally doing this, and then I might sand down the paint on the aluminum tank so it gets a nice rust look.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Is the passenger footrest and license plate/fender holder all 1 piece? Also does that piece provide part of the subframe strength? If yes to first and no to second, what an easy thing to remove to immediately improve the bike. Looks like the 2 bolts highlighted in red go then maybe 1 or 2 more in the rear seat area and you're done.

Also throw some black paint over the wheel weights

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Sounds about right. They designed that bike with easy-modification in mind.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Do those passenger peg mounts stick out as far as it looks in that photo, or is that just the angle of the pic?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The backseat can be unbolted and removed. It's designed to be a bike that parts can be bolt on easily and customized. I personally like almost everything from the factory except the rear fender/light assembly.

Also, the passenger pegs don't stick out far. It must be the angle of the photo. I'll post other pics later.

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Out with the old, in with the new. I live in the mountains and like 90% of my riding is on twisties, so I stuck with a twin, rode an F4i and didn't like it, the FZ6 is okay but I don't like having to rev it so much.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
YET ANOTHER KAWASAKI PURCHASE THIS MONTH, PLEASE RENAME FORUM "Cycle Asylum: AKA Team Green"

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I bought my KLR in october too.

Goin to the greenside~

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Nitramster posted:

"Cycle Asylum: AKA Team Green"

Team Kwakka or get out

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Nitramster posted:

YET ANOTHER KAWASAKI PURCHASE THIS MONTH, PLEASE RENAME FORUM "Cycle Asylum: AKA Team Green"

Agreeing with this in hopes that someone buys an h2r and lets me ride it.

deliverator
Aug 8, 2000
you know i'm your Hiro
Team Green.

Yoshi slip-ons and fender kit installed.

Holy poo poo these stock cans were huge. And heavy.

Size comparison while on the bike:

I would guess that the bike has lost about 20 pounds or so. I am very pleased that they are not offensively loud (at least at idle with my helmet off, in my driveway). And they really trim down the perceived bulk of the bike.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

20lbs is probably conservative. Dropping the OEM potato launcher on my C14 was probably not that far from 20lbs on that one pipe alone.

Also, I really like those anniversary colors on your 14R. First time I've seen that combo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

deliverator posted:

Team Green.

Yoshi slip-ons and fender kit installed.

:airquote:Team Green:airquote:

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Aww you can't post that and not give us a few revs to listen to

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

slidebite posted:

20lbs is probably conservative. Dropping the OEM potato launcher on my C14 was probably not that far from 20lbs on that one pipe alone.

Also, I really like those anniversary colors on your 14R. First time I've seen that combo.

Just put a CS One on tonight. That stock muffler is ridiculous.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nitramster posted:

M42 posted:

Team Kwakka or get out

Recent trends on this forum have led to me actively looking for a ZRX to somehow finagle my way back onto.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I've been rocking a rager for a ZRX for the longest goddamn time, but I think my next bike needs to be a 10R before I spend the rest of my life riding standards.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Quite A Tool posted:

I've been rocking a rager for a ZRX for the longest goddamn time, but I think my next bike needs to be a 10R before I spend the rest of my life riding standards.

That is literally what I did, I sold a ZRX for a ZX10 and I miss them both sorely. But the ZREX is always the bike that stands out when I think about the ten-odd I've had.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Wait you sold the 10R? I thought you were infatuated with that thing.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Quite A Tool posted:

Wait you sold the 10R? I thought you were infatuated with that thing.

So was his neighbor who kept calling the police on him. :ssh:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

HotCanadianChick posted:

So was his neighbor who kept calling the police on him. :ssh:

Yeah this. Plus I really, really needed a car so I sold the Ninja and divvied up the proceeds into a 919 and a decent car (probably the first 'decent' car I've ever had, by normal people standards). Now I'm working out a way to swindle my 919 into a ZRX or something similar with more character.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Depending on price going to be getting a H2 when they're released, or prolly a ZX-10r. Team Green here I come (again).

Although I've been eyeing off the Ducati dealership I go past every day for work a fair bit lately. 1098s are mighty cheap right now :S

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

BlackLaser posted:

Just put a CS One on tonight. That stock muffler is ridiculous.

Now get that ECU flashed son. :clint:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HELL YES Team "green" parking only. Note that is not my coolant spot under the bike.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

slidebite posted:

Now get that ECU flashed son. :clint:

I will once the Florida "winter" rolls in. You have the Guhl reflash?

Also put a Sargent seat on a couple weeks ago. Much better angle for the :butt:

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

No. 6 posted:

Totally doing this, and then I might sand down the paint on the aluminum tank so it gets a nice rust look.

Rusty aluminum is the best look.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

BlackLaser posted:

I will once the Florida "winter" rolls in. You have the Guhl reflash?
Hell yeah. Get it done.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
My unoriginal hand guards.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.
Halloween, the perfect time for a little 1½-up riding.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Akion posted:

My unoriginal hand guards.

I love this, and I need to find a way to attach them to my Ninjette.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Fifty Three posted:

I love this, and I need to find a way to attach them to my Ninjette.

Nice thing about Supermotos. I just screwed them over the existing handguards.

Really, you could probably just buy some cheapo amazon Handguards and probably mount them to your bars. I'd be worried about them interfering with your turning radius, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Got a 2003 Suzuki SV1000N! Just gave it a tune up, can't wait to get out and ride!

Day Man fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 6, 2014