Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
A little happy birthday wash and wax to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

rotaryfun posted:

This looks so pretty, but it's also making me really sad because I wrecked my fizzer, which was drat near a perfect bike for me. :(

On the plus side, I think I've got the wife talked into letting me replace the FZ1 with a shiny new FZ-09. :getin:

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

HotCanadianChick posted:

On the plus side, I think I've got the wife talked into letting me replace the FZ1 with a shiny new FZ-09. :getin:

Nice! Yeah I was looking at the fz-09 today at the dealership and it's really really nice. Could completely see myself trading my fz1 in for one. It seems much smaller but maybe I'm making that up.

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

rotaryfun posted:

Nice! Yeah I was looking at the fz-09 today at the dealership and it's really really nice. Could completely see myself trading my fz1 in for one. It seems much smaller but maybe I'm making that up.

:getin:

It does seem smaller then my old sv650. No complaints yet.

alr
May 14, 2009

First bike :toot:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Welcome to the fray. Gear up and keep your head on a swivel.
Great choice on first bike btw.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

alr posted:

Not a SuperDuke. Wrong choice.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Digital_Jesus posted:

Not a SuperDuke. Wrong choice.

He said "first bike," not "LAST BIKE."

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

rotaryfun posted:

I want that headlight/front end for my FZ6 :saddowns:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

alr posted:

Excellent.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

He said "first bike," not "LAST BIKE."

Same thing. :colbert:

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
So, I got a thing.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
What tires came on it?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
That thing rules. Fun as it looks?

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
Tires are Conti TKC80's. Going to give them a proper whirl this weekend. Bike came with the Bridgestone Battlewings too

Professor Wayne posted:

That thing rules. Fun as it looks?

It's awesome so far. I only feel the weight moving in and out of my garage. I love these 1200's..

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

JohnnyDangerously posted:

I love these 1200's..

Anyone who tries to tell you that 1200 is too much motorcycle is full of poo poo.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Can confirm 1200+ engines own.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Finally got out to the junkyard. :(

Note the angle of the forks and the half-missing footpeg.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

So, I got a thing.

I don't know much about those but I'm tentatively going to file it in the very sparsely populated 'not-lame parallel twin' category. Looks very sharp, like a v-strom without the lameness.

captainOrbital posted:

He's a goner cap'n, may he rev in peace.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Slavvy posted:

I don't know much about those but I'm tentatively going to file it in the very sparsely populated 'not-lame parallel twin' category. Looks very sharp, like a v-strom without the lameness.

Not sure if they've added some zazz over the years, but they released it in lame form. It's big for a P2 though, so it will go if you cane it.

MCN posted:

A 1199cc liquid-cooled parallel twin that is just as adept at autobahn speeds as it is lugging rider, pillion and luggage. Performance isn’t ground-breaking but the engine is smooth and there are minimal vibes. Power delivery can also be tamed (not that it needs to be) by switching to Touring mode via a bar-mounted button.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/yamaha/xt1200z-super-tenere/2010/

Cycle world calls it "smooth, deliberate power" with the 2014 revisions.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

captainOrbital posted:

Aw no! I was hoping it wasn't the rad custom ninjette. The only naked ninjette that ever looked good, too. :(

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

So, I got a thing.

I would sum up the aesthetics of that as "purposeful", which is exactly how an adv bike should look. I want one.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

1st responder: oh cool, he's got a milspec first aid kit onboard. Lessee...

*kit contains two cartons of broken eggs, 14 bungee cords, a flare, a poncho, and 3 issues of Soldier of Fortune.*

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Marv Hushman posted:

1st responder: oh cool, he's got a milspec first aid kit onboard. Lessee...

*kit contains two cartons of broken eggs, 14 bungee cords, a flare, a poncho, and 3 issues of Soldier of Fortune.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5qqfsQGYus

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

captainOrbital posted:

Y'all got any of them "inverted" forks I been hearin about?

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Slavvy posted:

I don't know much about those but I'm tentatively going to file it in the very sparsely populated 'not-lame parallel twin' category. Looks very sharp, like a v-strom without the lameness

I test rode one a couple of years ago and it just felt blah, went with the Strom 1k instead.

Calamari
Jul 12, 2003
If my head was on fire would you take the time to put it out ?

alr posted:

Hey first bike R3 buddy!

M42
Nov 12, 2012

captainOrbital posted:

Nooo :(

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled

Gorson posted:

I would sum up the aesthetics of that as "purposeful", which is exactly how an adv bike should look. I want one.

All the go-fast stickers help out too. Without them it's just a big fat white bike

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

If you go by this forums mantra of "v-twin best twin" then the vstrom should be the not-lame one

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

I actually served at two SAC B-52 bases and never heard a single Strangelove reference. Then again, they were a pretty uptight bunch, something something Fulda Gap something one way trip something we're all gonna die, this is a land of confusion, 99 luftballons, 72 below zero, saved by zero, thanks for your service, neeeeeeext.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If you go by this forums mantra of "v-twin best twin" then the vstrom should be the not-lame one

When have you ever seen me to be so bloody agreeable though?

alr
May 14, 2009

Calamari posted:

Hey first bike R3 buddy!

Noice, the red looks amazing in person. Was a tough choice between that and the blue for me, was surprised to find that the dealer had only sold around 1 red for every 4-5 black or blue bikes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

When have you ever seen me to be so bloody agreeable though?

True. You have a personal brand to maintain I suppose

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Marv Hushman posted:

I actually served at two SAC B-52 bases and never heard a single Strangelove reference. Then again, they were a pretty uptight bunch, something something Fulda Gap something one way trip something we're all gonna die, this is a land of confusion, 99 luftballons, 72 below zero, saved by zero, thanks for your service, neeeeeeext.

Of course they were uptight, they knew they had to cheat to get the "Longest combat mission ever flown" record back from the Black Buck raids. Also that their dumb planes looked like Budapest trams compared to the Vulcan.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Of course they were uptight, they knew they had to cheat to get the "Longest combat mission ever flown" record back from the Black Buck raids. Also that their dumb planes looked like Budapest trams compared to the Vulcan.

Sounds like somebody's still bitter about HMS Guerriere. :911:

Calamari
Jul 12, 2003
If my head was on fire would you take the time to put it out ?

alr posted:

Noice, the red looks amazing in person. Was a tough choice between that and the blue for me, was surprised to find that the dealer had only sold around 1 red for every 4-5 black or blue bikes.

I wanted blue. The dealer got 2 r3s in, red and black. Didn't feel like waiting. The blue wheels do it, they stand out especially in the light.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Still, Twisto, we did it harder, we did it faster, and we definitely did it with more love, baby.

http://youtu.be/_nwGndfR4l4

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Marv Hushman posted:

Still, Twisto, we did it harder, we did it faster, and we definitely did it with more love, baby.

http://youtu.be/_nwGndfR4l4

Did you do it making a noise like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzQbKzlJR4E

No? Then your opinion (and carpet bombing) are irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Did you do it making a noise like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzQbKzlJR4E

No? Then your opinion (and carpet bombing) are irrelevant.

Sorry, we can't hear you over the sound of sonic booms from our SR-71s breaking speed records over here. :smaug: