Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Renaissance Robot posted:

It looks so much smaller without its clothes on.

Either that or the 125 is fat as gently caress. (psyche, it's both)

Are those dog tags under that tank pad... or the design on the tank pad. Either way ick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Nitrox posted:

This bike is everything I thought it would be and more. Could easily see myself keeping it forever. Especially since I paid as much as what they're asking for a Boneville.

Crazy that is a new bike, if you didn't tell me I'd say it was from the 70s. Good on Honda for recreating the crazy chromed tail, shame most of them will get hacked off.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Thanks, guys.

n8r posted:

Crazy that is a new bike, if you didn't tell me I'd say it was from the 70s. Good on Honda for recreating the crazy chromed tail, shame most of them will get hacked off.
I'm a bit on a fence about those chrome fenders. There are smaller and nicer replacements available, so maybe later. Looks are not priority right now, I'm concerned about storage space, wind protection and prolonged seating comfort. Plan on doing some light touring, any upgrades will be removable.

There is already a cult-like following, especially in Japan. Some gorgeous upgrades and replacement parts. If I ever feel like replacing all body parts with billet aluminium, it's actually an option, ha

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I would love a CB1100. My CB-1 is great though and I don't really need to upgrade. The only thing I care about now is getting fancy safety stuff like ABS and maybe traction control. Fuel injection would be nice too

Holy poo poo motorcycles are fast tho. like what the gently caress how. After about six months of ownership I finally gave my honda full throttle and wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEE

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

advion posted:

Are those dog tags under that tank pad... or the design on the tank pad. Either way ick.

It's the design on the pad, and yeah, that's coming off as soon as I can budget a replacement.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Crossposting from the Harley thread. Plasti dipped my new fairing, horn cover, mirrors, and air intake cover, and got some really nice bags. All clubbed out. Next on the shopping list is a new starter, and then to slowly go down the list of all the expensive upgrades (shocks, cams, etc). I adore this bike.

Dr.Hashshashin
Jul 7, 2015

DABS ALL DAY
I surely do miss my B-king, here's another shot of her.
185HP, ECU dyno flashed, full exhaust, too many options to list blah blah blah.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Lilbeefer posted:

It goes into neutral but 90% of the time it doesnt say it is in neutral. It just flashes the word "gear" on the screen, but it is definitely in clutch-out neutral.

As someone else with a 390 sitting in the garage, something is wrong with your bike. Its a sensor problem. Go back to the dealer and get that poo poo fixed. Wife put just under 1k on hers since we got it and it's been rock solid with no issues. No rattles, shifts great, neutral indicator loving works properly. Its a fun little bike. Sorry you got one with some issues.

Also just taking off the mudflap cleans up the tail a lot.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 30, 2015

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dr.Hashshashin posted:

I surely do miss my B-king, here's another shot of her.
185HP, ECU dyno flashed, full exhaust, too many options to list blah blah blah.

I know this forum finds the b-Kings looks polarizing, but I love the way those bikes look

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I know this forum finds the b-Kings looks polarizing, but I love the way those bikes look

It's sort of polarising itself anyway - to my eyes it loos great from the clutch cover backwards but loving terrible forward of that, and I'm sure someone will say the exact opposite. There's definitely a complete step-change in the looks of the bike between the front and back, anyway.

Dr.Hashshashin
Jul 7, 2015

DABS ALL DAY

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's sort of polarising itself anyway - to my eyes it loos great from the clutch cover backwards but loving terrible forward of that, and I'm sure someone will say the exact opposite. There's definitely a complete step-change in the looks of the bike between the front and back, anyway.

Still looks better then a busa with shared dna :D

But yeah, this was the look I was going for. The only thing before I wrecked it was putting on a super charger.

I love naked bikes and this is the baddest one of all.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Rudolph the little yellow rear end in a top hat.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

cursedshitbox posted:

Rudolph the little yellow rear end in a top hat.

Yes yes yes

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

No. 6 posted:

Yes yes yes

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dizzer buddies :kimchi: and the towrig

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Best towrig.

Can I hire you to transport bikes every so often for big track days :)

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

cursedshitbox posted:

Dizzer buddies :kimchi: and the towrig

That is awesome.

Do you take the bash plate off for supermoto mode?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

Best towrig.

Can I hire you to transport bikes every so often for big track days :)

as long as you don't tell the cops that. :v:

builds character posted:

That is awesome.

Do you take the bash plate off for supermoto mode?
Nah. I literally just change wheels and go.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

cursedshitbox posted:

as long as you don't tell the cops that. :v:

Nah. I literally just change wheels and go.

How does your header not get destroyed?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
? I've never hit it on anything. Its whatever material FMF powerbomb.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

cursedshitbox posted:

? I've never hit it on anything. Its whatever material FMF powerbomb.

Huh. I would expect rocks to get kicked up there all the time and maybe to scrape/crush it if you ever try to go over logs or the like. Just goes to show what I know.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
you could say that kind of damage and abuse builds character

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Hey! That's his username!

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

My phone updated and immediately asked whether or not I want to make a photo collage. Sure, why not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6xDLcADxBM

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Pretty! But can you actually fit anything in those saddlebags?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

Pretty! But can you actually fit anything in those saddlebags?
Surprisingly, yeah. Takeout containers, wine bottles, 1 gal milk jugs, can even fit 3/4 helmet, but wish I had more space. Got the bags for free, so why not.

BrianM87
Oct 30, 2006
I keep missing. Are you sure the bullets work?
Finally got my very first motorcycle back in September. Never had a chance to take pictures of it, I was too busy riding.

Its a 1998 Honda Shadow Aero 1100. Only had 4k miles on it. Now it's got 6k. It's honestly a lot more fun than I was expecting it to be.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
250 miles a year, drat. That's like the motorcycle-cruelty version of veal.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I screenshotted a craigslist ad a while back that was a Ewan McGregor special R1200GS for sale in Los Angeles. Aluminum boxes, rally lights, every single farkle imaginable. The poster gushed on and on about how it was "best bike i've ever owned" "can't bear to let it go" "i love this bike so much"

923 miles.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
923 miles is my idea of a weekend.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Some people live in very very small countries :colbert:

How many of those miles are Ewan McGregor's?

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Sagebrush posted:

I screenshotted a craigslist ad a while back that was a Ewan McGregor special R1200GS for sale in Los Angeles. Aluminum boxes, rally lights, every single farkle imaginable. The poster gushed on and on about how it was "best bike i've ever owned" "can't bear to let it go" "i love this bike so much"

923 miles.

I can't even

What the gently caress.

I put 100 miles on my bike on my 3-mile road before I ever even got my motorcycle endorsement. I put upwards of 300 miles on it a week, and more when the weather doesn't suck monkeys.

It's funny how no one would ever do that with a (regular) car.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

There's a lot of motorcycle owners who don't like to ride.

Old dude lives across the street from me. He's got some kind of Custom Harley, which he's pulled out a couple times to clean in the last year, but I haven't once seen him ride it.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
My Harley-owning friends are the same way.

because they all bought BMW GSes, ugh.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I saw an insurance statistic somewhere that the average motorcyclist in the USA rides just over 1000 miles per year.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Christ. I only ride once a week during the season usually, but like 300-500 miles each time. More out of necessity tbh, all the good roads are 2+ hours away.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

I saw an insurance statistic somewhere that the average motorcyclist in the USA rides just over 1000 miles per year.

Jesus gently caress. :stare:

How is that even possible

I do 2-3 times that per month .

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Ya, I do roughly 1000kms per week.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
Vast majority of riders in the US take the bikes out for their yearly ride and every 4 months for a wash and polish. It makes sense that insurance companies call bikes recreational vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah remember that there are a shitload of people here who buy Harley's and sport bikes (and to a lesser extent bmw's, ducatis etc) not because that's what they really want, but because that's what's cool to own.