Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
Having trouble finding a better method to get to Starbucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Where's the cupholder?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The rest of the gallery looks cool. Did you get rid of the ktm?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I've always wanted to ride a super 10 - someday!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I never thought wonky ADV bikes would grow on me so much. That bike looks so good, and that's an excellent choice in paint/decal.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
The Super Tenere is on my shortlist of adv bikes I kinda want a lot.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
So the Tenere is like an FZ-1 but with ostensible off-road cred?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
With a tractor engine and shaft too.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Oh poo poo it's a 1200-cc P-twin? I had no idea.

I figured they just took the FZ-1 with the inline 4 and the chassis and just jacked it up and gave it some new tars and a windscreen. I don't know why I figured that. I never look at ADV bikes so

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

captainOrbital posted:

I figured they just took the FZ-1 with the inline 4 and the chassis and just jacked it up and gave it some new tars and a windscreen.

The Super T is more like an XT660 with cylinder count and displacement doubled, and they're reasonably competent off-road unlike a lot of newer ADV bikes.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
My dad has a 2013 super tenere. A vee bit heavy for looser/wetter surface though the tradeoff is enough power to comfortably carry a passenger with a little bit of baggage on longer rides.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

It's like a prettier, more expensive V-Strom. Always wanted to test one out.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
The fact that so many of us think it's a cool bike is telling that we're all nearly or already dad-aged.\

Super dadbike.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
I'm almost granddad aged, speak for yourself ya young pups. :bahgawd:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I think it's cool and I'm not even thirty, but on the other hand bought a flip front as my first helmet (and will continue to buy only flip fronts) so :corsair:

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Renaissance Robot posted:

but on the other hand bought a flip front as my first helmet

Sup flip-front-first buddy :respek:

I miss my flip-front sometimes now I'm using a full face :(

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I AM a dad, and ride an sv1000 everyday. Don't bad-mouth dads, we don't all get boring.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sv650 dad checking in, although my elite 250 is more of a stereotypical dadride

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
If I own both types of helmet, can I still be part of the cool dad club? I have a docile standard bike and everything

Hybrid modular are the best helmets tho

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme

quote:

Sv650 dad checking in

full face tho

Alceste fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 11, 2016

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Yay dadchat. I ride motorcycles, stand up jetski's, and drive a Miata. It's my married friends (dads or not) that are boring. An exciting weekend for them is several rounds of golf with some type of gambling sprinkled in between.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

haha it must suck to be old!!!

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo

Gorson posted:

Yay dadchat. I ride motorcycles, stand up jetski's, and drive a Miata. It's my married friends (dads or not) that are boring. An exciting weekend for them is several rounds of golf with some type of gambling sprinkled in between.

Yo that sounds pretty fun though

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Insurance gets cheap, that's about the only upside

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Men get better looking with age :wiggle:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

echomadman posted:

Insurance gets cheap, that's about the only upside

Full coverage, 2 bikes. 240 dollars, a year :smug:

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Gorson posted:

That weekend sounds like poo poo.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

OTOH $800 per year on ointment to deal with the creaking joints so you can ride at all. :corsair:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I was getting tired of my clean driving record, unstolen bike, not crashing, and money, so I picked up NitroSpazzz's WR250X today. NitroSpazzz, by the way, is a legit Cool Dude with shocking amounts of riding experience, and generally very nice. He even gave me an Olympia one piece riding suit which, despite being a tad short (a common problem I have with gear), fits me miraculously well. Spent 7 hours riding in it today in a cocoon of warmth and comfort. In fact, I didn't know it had dropped to the thirties while I was out tonight, and thought it must have been about 50f. Seriously, this suit is twice as warm and protective as my current winter gear. Thank you so much!

The WR250X is my dream supermoto, and I've wanted one so bad it hurt since I learned of them in 2013. The stars have aligned in the best way, today.

Here it is in it's home away from home, the gas station, because this hits reserve faster than any bike I've ever had.

And, forgive the dark pictures, here is how I have it locked up. I'm actually very impressed with the Master Lock Quantum Cuff. It easily loops around several parts of the fence (or anything else) and gives you a lot of room to play with finding the right spot on your bike. Then, the cuff works perfectly to close around many parts of the bike. It's hard to see, but it is the perfect length to easily close around the frame. Probably the most secure and least hassle I've ever had locking a bike up.
http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-8295DPS-Quantum-Cable/dp/B000P6VMEC
I'm tempted to get a second one and lock it similarly to the frame and fence on the other side of the bike. I figure that's about as theftproof as I could expect.

Here I have the Street cuffs kind of locking the front rotor to the front fork. I am less happy with them, because they are kind of short. They should perform much better as a portable solution to lock to things at school, or out and about. Long enough to lock the frame to a streetsign, or some parking deck cables.

Shameful reposting of Nitro's pictures, for an actually good shot of the bike.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

New Pirelli tires and Yokohama exhaust. Oh God it sounds amazing. Neighbors are going to love this.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Erm, Yoshimura. :) I think you've got tires on the brain!

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

VERTiG0 posted:

Erm, Yoshimura. :) I think you've got tires on the brain!

All them crazy Jap words sound the same! :bahgawd:

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Hah! Apparently. Whoops.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

One last photo of my :japan: poo poo.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

That paint job is obnoxiously awesome...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Front rotor carriers need to be black and the mirrors need to go away. :v:

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Love it. Italian bikes should be loud.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That is the most silly mash up of colors and patterns, but somehow it completely works. Typical Aprilia. I'm glad you got that one. It looks like balls to the wall fun.

PSST make the mirrors go away... to my sumo. :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

How does that thing compare to the first gen?