Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Awesome.

Honestly, watching the Regular Car Reviews Hayabusa review made me want one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Babies first motor bike!

Used and hopefully not too abused Ninja 300 ABS.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

New Pirelli tires and Yokohama exhaust. Oh God it sounds amazing. Neighbors are going to love this.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Hah! Apparently. Whoops.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

One last photo of my :japan: poo poo.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Love it. Italian bikes should be loud.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

:911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911:

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I just want to Make America Great Again.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

n8r posted:

For as good of taste in cars and pushbikes you have, you have totally counter-acted it with how bad your taste in motorcycles are.

This is my father in law's bike. I've got a Ninja 300. Which feels faster. Power to weight ratio probably isn't too different between the two. A lot less shifting on the Harley though.

Crazy how much steering input the Harley took to get it leaned over. And the brakes were awful.

On the plus side, see how it would be a relatively comfortable bike to ride for hours at a time. And it was cool how raw it was. Reminded me of a 70s muscle car.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

HotCanadianChick posted:

The reason America is no longer great is because we can't make bikes with 21st century engineering and design.

As long as our motorcycles remain content with a malaise-era design sensibility, America itself will never escape the malaise.

Why spend money on engineering and manufacturing when you can spend it on marketing? More cost efficient to convince consumers that the cheaper product is superior.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Know how it compares to the 821 Stripe yet?

The Stripe and the Street Triple R are on my short list for this summer.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Mcqueen posted:

I turned my clapped out piece of poo poo into a louder, faster piece of poo poo.

Perfect in every way.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

PaintVagrant posted:

Just bought my first. 2014 Ninja 300 SE ABS.

Sup baby ninja buddy. I also got a '14 a few months ago. Replacing the stock tires with Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires was massive. Way more confidence inspiring.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

anything local is closed off to everything but horses/MTBs.

poo poo, the majority of trails here are closed off to mountain bikes too.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Put my Corvette up for sale. Once that's gone, going to swap my Ninja 300 out for something bigger and naked.

Probably a Street Triple R. Those goofy headlights are growing on me.

Sat on an S1000R the other day though and it felt real good. Might have to demo one.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Love that this is practically my backyard.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

New bike day! 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Guess I subconsciously really want that single side swing arm. :saddowns:

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Skreemer posted:

Just for giggles, if the school your going to has the tu-250 available try to ride one. It's pretty much the rubber stamp motorcycle, completely boring and neutral in every way. It's actually a great non-intimidating learner bike.
If they have a Yamaha TW-200, go for that, those things are a laugh riot and are cheat mode for the u-turn box.

Got a Grom for the second day of my safety class. Amazing compared to the Yamaha 250 cruiser they had me on the first day.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

My Street Triple R is pretty good. ~44mpg and a 4.6 gal tank. Usually fill up in the 150-170 mile range.

Just did a 1,766 mile road trip with it.

Details and loads of photos:
Southern California and Sierra Nevada trip report

Couple of my favorite photos:

dema fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 8, 2016

dema
Aug 13, 2006

pokie posted:

My third biek.

I made an informed kinda dumb decision of buying a 2015 MV Agusta Brutale 800. I rode a Triumph Street Triple and liked it a lot, but Brutale was much comfier for a tall person like me. I work next to a dealer so hopefully the notorious Italian-ness will be forgiving.

VVV Hail Satan!

Hot. But didn't they like, go out of business?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Both the S1000XR and the Super Duke GT; love the back of these bikes but I hate the front. Ugly. I want the utility but also want to feel it when I'm going 80.

The R1200R might work. And the white and red model is super sexy.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

The old Street Triple. Could have used hand gourds or heated grips this morning.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Virgil Vox posted:

Northern Arizona fall colors!

Excellent.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Have to work this weekend so I took the baby striple out to the coast. Tried not to ride like a dong.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I got a motorcycle on Saturday.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Sold the 300 back in June or July. Still have the Street Triple. Think I'm going to try and trade it for a VStrom or something along those lines.

Though, commuting to work was surprisingly nice on the CBR. My commute is like 25 miles of lane splitting followed by 2 miles of broken San Francisco streets.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

That looks like a fun bike to cruise around on.

Took yesterday off and rode my bike around all day.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Thanks. Vineyard. No clue what's up with the little flowers.

edit; apparently they're mustard plants.

quote:

Mustard crops serve as a biofumigator by suppressing various soil-borne pests and diseases through naturally occurring compounds.
https://napaprivatetours.com/vineyards/yellow-flowers-napas-vineyards/

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Nice. I kinda wish I'd kept my Ninja 300.

I need to get a fender eliminator kit.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Bought a '99 BMW R1100R from a friend. A little rough looking but, so far, it runs well. Got it mainly for commuting to work and riding with a passenger. My wife loves it.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

CBR is great for 20-30 minutes of freeway commuting. Parking it in SoMA makes me a little nervous though and the bike is total cop bait.

BTW; from last weekend:

dema
Aug 13, 2006

What's the deal with the slipped road on the front side of Hamilton? Can you get around it on a bike or did you go up Quimby?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

It's okay.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

My cheap heated grips are hella hard. Did a 300 mile ride today and my hands were DONE. The warmth for the first hour in the morning was real nice though.

I need to take some better photos of my buddies 1199 Panigale S. Thing is ridiculous.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Yeah, Ridgecrest Blvd. Super scenic and fun riding.

Note, the north end, the road splits. One side going down to hey 1. The other, Alpine Dam. Both are fun but quite technical. More fun on my Street Triple than my CBR.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

doppler posted:

Finally got to pick up the Street Triple, going for heated grips was totally worth it for the trip home alone, spring is taking it's time.

I have to admit, that looks a whole lot better than my 2013 Street Triple R. The new headlights are clean.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I'd love one of those. Kinda feel like it could use a little more fairing though.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

pokie posted:

Some pics with the new seat. I will change the red tank/fairings to white eventually. The first one is from a friend's nicer camera... Not sure if it came out better.

Hah! Love the Brutale with the top case. Awesome.

And love Pagemill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I want both the 701 and the Backbird.

Excellent.