Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

N is for Nipples posted:

It's been a good while since I've visited the Cycle Asylum, but yesterday I got quite the upgrade.

Theres one of those being sold locally to me that looks, very, very similar. Low odds, but are you in MI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

It's Ali G in bike form.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

I think that's what I was trying to express but I didn't remember Ali G existed :shobon:

:hfive:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Just bought my first. 2014 Ninja 300 SE ABS. I am so god damned pumped I think I have posted this pic in like 5 threads now, haha. Pic is pretty dark because it was late, but the wheels have the red lining on them.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

dema posted:

Sup baby ninja buddy. I also got a '14 a few months ago. Replacing the stock tires with Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires was massive. Way more confidence inspiring.

:hfive: yeah that and an oil change is first up on my list.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

The_Maz posted:

Wasn't sunny for me but we were due for blossom-murdering storms that evening so it was then or never. Riding through a tunnel of cherry blossom trees was pretty neat.

I love cbr red/white/black/high viz so much

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Fuckin rad bike man. It's in my 5 year plan to do some track days and buy a track bike.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Swung by a ducati dealer today on a leisurely 100+ mile 5 hour ride with a buddy. Ducati prices, yeesh

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Voltage posted:

Sometimes I go to the Ducati dealer, and then I sit on a panigale, 1098, 999, 749, etc, and I can't comprehend how anyone would ride one on on anything other than on track.

Last time I was there they had the $75,000 1199 superlaggera. Pretty stunning build quality, every little fastener was magnesium or titanium. The seat was just alcantara right on the hard plastic or carbon.

I was pretty boned up over the panigale 949 in white. But not enough to ever buy one.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Still the best-looking Japanese bike of all time, IMO. The only one that comes close is the ZX7-RR which is loving hideously ugly and yet still good looking:

This one belongs to a friend of a friend on Facebook, he's spent an obscene amount on it apparently.

Just throw Scott Russel on that thing with his badass neon feathers helmet, Muzzy racing stickers and fuckkkkkkkkkin 90s

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Just think, the 916, zx-7RR, and RC45 were all on tracks at the same time in WSBK/region superbike classes. Im so hard thinking about it

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I thought the Tu250 was a complete loving turd when I took my MSF. I never stalled the nighthawk 250 the day before, but on my second day that loving Tu250 got stalled about 15 times. Fueling at low rpm was miserably jerky too.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I did a thing...

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Ola posted:

Maybe he camped the bike spawn and harvested a lot of experience?

Pretty much :) it was about 2 months back, and it was a great bike. I happened into a chance to flip it for no loss and this bike called my name. I'll be riding very carefully as I adjust. It's so loving pretty.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Bikes are cheaper than Warhams.

That's probably my new avatar text

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

That seat is like sitting in lotion.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

It's so loving clean man. 2005, 7k miles. Not a scratch on it, 2bros can, Corbin sex seat. I paid 3700 US dollars and don't regret a penny of it.

Also the dude threw in a bunch of old lovely helmets, a nice hjc leather jacket, a cover, and some other doodads.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Please do. You're right in the middle of the most dangerous part of riding, and this 600cc I4 supersport will be VERY different from your 300cc parallel-twin standard. It's not going to forgive your mistakes anywhere near as nicely as the Ninja did. I would have stayed on the 300 for like, a year or more before upgrading.

Very pretty though. Don't drop it!

It was just too pretty to resist. I have a very healthy respect for it, trust me :)

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Y'all never seen a CBR before?! They all have that! (And they're all awesome)

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Literally every cbr600 from f2 to f4i has a badass paint scheme with sweet wings.

And you are right I should call it a Hurricane. I'm going to pick it up tonight, I assume it will rock me

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Just got her home. Say hi to Rhonda Burgundy

PaintVagrant fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 27, 2016

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Best part of the purchasing experience was catching a ride to the dudes house, filling out paperwork/etc, hop on bike, raindrops start falling.No prob, just ride home my new 100hp bike on questionable tires in the rain no big deal :stare:

(it was a total pussycat, the throttle is so loving crisp and linear. Super easy ride. Freeway riding was so much less stressful than the ninjette)

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

The fueling is just crazy smooth. As soon as the throttle cracks, the feel is razor sharp, you could name an RPM and I could set the throttle to it effortlessly. I cant believe the difference, the 300 felt like a tractor motor in comparison to this 11 year old bike.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Just imagine what it's going to feel like when we finally get our hands on fuel injected Super Dukes. :unsmigghh:

Its called Sphincter Armageddon

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

I have an 03 R6 with a really good tune done by Evan Steel Performance and an 07 Tuono 1000. The R6 is by far the more dangerous bike in the way the throttle bites in roll in. The Tuono is just lazy and easy to ride in comparison.

I have heard that R6s are mega-peaky.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Dont worry about it guys, in 2 months when I upgrade to an H2R we can have this chat again

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

nsaP posted:

Paint Vagrant please come to IRC so we can chastise and abuse you irc.synirc.net #bieks

For starters, when people suggest a Ninja 300 as a starter bike they mean for more than 2 months.

Don't get me wrong that f4i is beautiful and a cool and good bike but you are probably going to ruin it :(

I'm too busy out riding sry

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Went for a 150 mile ride, only thing that's dead are my buttocks

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Really nice, I'm not usually a fan of black bikes but it really works on this one.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

That loving rules

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Shadowlz posted:

New bike day! 2006 CBR600F4i with 8200 miles.

You have chosen...wisely

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Now you need a Corbin dad saddle to wallow that butt in and then we can ride together with matching comfy butts

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Il short and my f4i is harder to maneuver at low speeds than my ninjette was too. I avoid any sort of inclined parking like the plague. I can't flat foot my bike so when there is an incline it makes it even harder to get leverage ~Short Bros~

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

SouthLAnd posted:

That's beautiful. I wish I didn't live in metro Detroit suburban hell.

:hfive: metro detroit grid bros

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I cant wait to roll up to a trackday towing a bike with my FiST

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Yeah I mean a single bike trailer and a bike probably weighs about what 3 of my fat friends do and I'm allowed to chauffeur them all over town

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Gorester will rise and take us all once it tires of eating mere transmissions and shortblocks

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

I guess this proves I'm not a car person because I still don't get it. Is that a shorty exhaust popping out of the bonnet? :confused:

I would read the thread a bit. The car came with some really funny letters from the previous owner. Its basically a rat-rod made out of a soccer moms suv and spits fire and eats transmissions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Can't we just all pitch in and buy some PPg straight cut gears for the gorester?

If he wanted to spend a few grand on a STi transmission most of those issues would go away, but where is the fun in that? Its more fun to chew up 200 dollar junkyard 5-speeds.