Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!

runningbored posted:

My new to me 09 KLR650 , this is my first dual sport and I'm loving it .

Had the doohickey spring adjusted by my local Kawasaki dealer and it now runs beautifully , there was a slight knocking in take off acceleration before I had this done but it seems to have solved it for now , am ordering the shorter spring from Eagle Mike to get installed when it arrives in the next few weeks hopefully , as I am in OZ.
You will be putting in the new stainless milled doohickey with the shorter spring right? The new doohickey should come with an assortment of springs. Judging from the pictures your KLR probably has low miles and the original doohickey spring is nowhere near running out of adjustment yet, but you might as well do it sooner than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

Chill_Bebop posted:

I'm still a little uneasy on the high(ish) miles, especially for a big thumper, but I couldn't really resist considering its price and condition. $1800.
It appears to have 13k, that's high miles? What specifically are you worried will break?

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

Ola posted:

That is awesome, I want one extremely much.

you must, this is the first time your english is a bit off

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

you have to try several different sizes and styles to find the best ones that work for you. I used to have trouble but after watching youtube videos and trying different ones they no longer fall out and actually block noise

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

Flikken posted:

Well I just got into riding here'smy bike

well! that certainly is a big bike! be careful when you ride it, don't want to break any tables!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

Sock Weasel posted:

Boyfriend and I went into a Kawasaki/Honda dealership so that I could get a feel for some bikes and have a better idea of what I'd scour Craigslist for. I came home with this.

Whoops. I've never owned a vehicle from new before so putting the first mile on it was absolutely loving terrifying. My Honda CB500 was scruffy so I wouldn't have minded too much if I'd dropped it, but this? I feel like a paranoid parent. It is awesome. :toot:

sweet looking kawasaki, I have liked that offset rear shock idea

but I don't know about the yellow spring. I am thinking a lime green spring would look kick rear end