Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Bike is pretty :allears:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Coydog posted:

Wow, whoever photographed that did an amazing job. I'm not even a huge fan of the EX500 design and think that looks beautiful. The round front swoop is very prominent and attractive.

Content: I swear, the massive gap between wheels and fenders of the WRX is mind numbingly hot. Dreambike reality.

The last one is a bigtime composite from several shots we illuminated with a light bar using 20-30s exposures in a pitch-dark warehouse. I took a piece of cardboard and fanned up some dust in front of the bike to get the beam motes. The others are straight shooting with minor editing.

He's really good at it. Some of his work from when he went to Yellowstone in January is astounding.

I helped him out with a real estate shoot in exchange for this shoot, and we're hoping that sharing among the local cycle clubs may drum up some business. I've got to be willing to brave a group ride with a bunch of FSU students on literbikes though, I feel like dumping these on the Facebook page would be a little on the nose.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 8, 2016

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Z3n posted:

Where are you guys located?

Tallahassee, FL. Sorry about that :v:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 8, 2016

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Slim Pickens posted:

I did the same with my bike the other day :hfive:

Beer, dog food, and girl scout cookies.

That exhaust looks more like a snorkel and now I want an offroad bike that I can literally ride through a river :haw:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Z3n posted:

Blandits make me hate riding a motorcycle. I didn't think it was possible.

When you are comparing every other bike to a 1290SuperDuke or an S1000R, I mean... :v

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

So uh I'll pick this up next week.

:stare: is the chain slack as bad as it looks?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

:3: you're a good dad.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Now you know why everyone hates on I2's. It's cause they're tractory garbage 90% of the time.

I will admit I like the V-Twin of the SV650 a lot more than I like the Ninja500. Doesn't hurt that the can on the SV makes much nicer noises.

Slavvy posted:

Hey remember that time you got a 1000cc naked for your first bike and sailed into a traffic island?

:laffo: I didn't think it was his first bike, but come on that's a bit on the nose.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

:kimchi:

Renaissance Robot posted:

Do you really want a goon for a dad

Is goondad buying me a motorcycle? Yeah, I'll take it.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
My gas light comes on at 130 miles on the SV650. My Ninja does at least 150mi before I have to kick on the reserve.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Shadowlz posted:

New bike day! 2006 CBR600F4i with 8200 miles.

Awesome dude! How's it compare to the 300? :D

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I feel like there was a missed opportunity not having the bike on top of the car pile. It's a supermoto, get to it :getin:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Oh hey, that reminds me

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Space Whale posted:

The Florida plate makes it

I think during the week of the hurricane I burned more chainsaw fuel than I did in the bikes or the cars. poo poo was unreal.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Please tighten your chain.

Took me a minute to figure out what you were getting at before I looked at the saw :v:

That one is actually my buddy's saw, I've pretty much given him full use of that bike until he gets his own since I am completely corrupted by my SV650. My chainsaw is very well maintained, thank you. I have a scar on my leg reminding me about chainsaw safety.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I want to take a page out of Adiabatic's Book of the Gorester and get one that says "SELF CONTROL".

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

I want to take a page out of Adiabatic's Book of the Gorester and get one that says "SELF CONTROL".

Aight I talked to Chris at MotoLoot.com and it's a minimum order of 50 @ $3.75USD. I'm perfectly willing to sell 'em off to any CA folks at cost+shipping (probably just a stamp on an envelope, so $4.25 each). I'm gonna talk to my graphic design buddy today and get a draft to Chris, but the rough idea is a simple black tag with white text. Anyone else want one?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Moving "SELF CONTROL" keytag discussion to the CA sale thread

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Coydog posted:

I'm still in, but I wish you would explain the SELF CONTROL reference, other than the face value meaning.

Like, my "what do we say to the god of death" moto tag fills me with :hellyeah: because of the meaning behind the reference, plus the general "deny death at all costs" message.

Adiabatic posted:

THE FOZZ:

This is my favorite car ever:

SELF CONTROL:

Because he blows up a lot of transmissions:

Engine bay:

But wait, we have something to add:

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE:

Idling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyk0a9zrMD8

Pissing off people at 2am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUVguNb1yAU

It looks like poo poo, sure, but he murders "Stage 3" STIs in it.

That's all, folks.

The saga continues in Adiabatic's thread here

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 16, 2016

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

M42 posted:

Yes, 05. Looked nicer before I put the bars on it imo, but comfort is comfort.

I'm really curious about the clearance between the exhaust and the tire on the bike on the right. It might just be perspective but it looks awfully drat close.

You've got a GSX-R front end on that SV, right? Did you ever ride a stock SV in anger to compare? I hear it's pretty popular and I am going to find myself at the track on mine ~eventually~

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I'm really sorry but that looks like a pair of fresh prairie oysters :D

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Revvik posted:

It rains in the desert. And I got vertigo on a highway on ramp.

So how far down does the screen bend when you're pushing 80

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

builds character posted:

Lol if you don't ride like this 24/7
https://youtu.be/LqnhGBUKA58

"Oh, yeah? Yeah? Is that what you wanted? Yeah, it was a dank wheelie. Can I get back to work now?" BRA-BRAP *ZOOM*

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

To hell with the speed sensor I broke while reinstalling the front wheel, I went riding and these feel nice.

I need to redo the duct tape.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

M42 posted:

Bruh. Ziptie stitches.

:doh: oh my god I never even considered it. That would look AWESOME. I need to do this.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Sep 19, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

M42 posted:

Bruh. Ziptie stitches.

:c00l: This was actually kinda fun. I went over all the seams with the gel superglue Loctite makes before cinching everything down. After a quick handwash with acetone while the goo-gone went to work...

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Do you have trouble ascending stairs, fitting through doorways or confining yourself to just one seat on a bus?

If the answer is no, you are not too big for a ninja 250.

FWIW the japanese brands all have certain ergonomic feels they try to keep constant across models/years. For any given model segment: Yamahas typically have super cramped legs, hondas have focus-group generated middle-of-the-road ergos which please many but are perfect for nobody, suzukis are the absolute best if you're a tall male with lots of random joint pain and kawasaki manage to be really roomy but also really sporty at the same time.

I found the FZ09 to be a lot less crammed in the legs than my SV650. Then again I think the pegs are not in the stock positions so maybe a stock one would fit better. I'm at 6'4" 240lbs 38x32 so fitment is already a chore. I did quite like the old-style Ninja250 a buddy of mine let me sit on and the 500 was roomy as poo poo as well so there's that.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 3, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
(click for big)

Still need to cut the windscreen, get a new mount for the brake fluid reservoir, and figure out how I'm going to keep the controls from twisting on the bar, but my SV650S handlebar conversion is coming along nicely. So far I'm just in $40 for the bar, I got everything else from the PO-supplied box-o-parts. Here's to making a poor commuter out of a perfectly good trackbike!

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 28, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Skreemer posted:

To keep the controls from spinning, cut up an inner tube and tape it around the bar first, then install the controls. It's simple, and if you do it right, know one knows it's there. Great for Emgo "universal" replacement controls.

That is exactly what I had settled on doing, great tip.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I dunno my Kriega R25 snaps on and disappears. Took some adjusting to get it to fit properly but after that I can cram in my laptop, a few .5" files, a pair of shoes, spare laptop battery, and it still just kinda fades. I do know it's there but I can forget about it if I'm just cruising and not moving around much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

Solution: stuff the pillion in the backpack.

I mean that's why they call them "backpacks", no?