Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Just picked up a new bike, pretty fuckin sick if you ask me

1997 Yamaha YZF600R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Yamaha Vmax SX 700 triple triple (carbs, cylinders, pipes) 2 stroke making ~150hp

First things to be done is a stock swing arm, new sprockets front and rear and a new chain.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

An 04.. it is in great shape, runs well. I am not sure if im going to retire the POS 97 250 or pound the piss right out of it.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

My lovely ex250 will hit a wall after 95 but I have it jetted with a pod filter and it has a strong midrange. The stock clean ninja I have has seen 100 but I wasn't pushing it and didn't want to go or try to go faster.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

nsaP posted:

It did just dawn on me I should probably look up the laws in the states I'm about to visit though.

Unless you are planning to visit long enough to establish residency and register your bike there, don't worry about it.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I sure am glad my first bike wasn't as awful as a kz440

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Got a 2000 XR100 missing plastics, tank, and engine but otherwise complete with a box full of stock parts and a crap ton of new-in-bag spare things. I thought the rear wheel was stock but apparently it is a kawisaki or something. The rim is the right size but the hub looks different. Since I got everything for the price of a rear wheel on ebay I can't complain much. Lots of spares for the 2003 XR and almost enough to build a dedicated track XR.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

whoops they made a baby

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Dutymode posted:

Yesterday I sold this thing for $2,200:

Then I got on craigslist for 10 minutes, made a phone call, and drove 5 hours to buy this thing for $2,200:

Then I did a stupid thing. I had to bring it back tipped over on its side and forgot to even close the petcock. The airbox was full of fuel when I stood it back up. What should I do before I try starting it again?

Make sure the fuel is out of the airbox.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Koruthaiolos posted:

New bike day:

2000 XR100 for $700.

Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it yet. I'm leaning towards trying to get it street legal and turn it into something like this:

Bonus pic of a Honda in a Honda:

one of us, one of us

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Mariana Horchata posted:

Well boots and some kevlar jeans are next on my gear buying checklist so show me where I can actually get those and I just might.

Sorry I'm new here so I dont get the joke about the DRZ and mailboxes though. He's "too busy" to ride it though anyways...which I call BS on, I haven't even seen him on it yet.

Meanwhile I will be riding the XL today until I lose feeling in my left hand.

You only really interact with a bike through your feet and hands. Proper gear makes everything so much better.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Are you a Sox fan Mariana

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Absolutely shameful.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

nsaP posted:

Last time I heard that advice was when I got taken in for an overnighter. Those cement benches are tough but man does it get worse.

You know what hurts the most is the... the lack of respect. You know? That's what hurts the most. Except for the... Except for the other thing. That hurts the most. But the lack of respect hurts the second most.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

cheesebot posted:

I gotta start selling some poo poo.

Here's a current view of 1/3 of my garage:

I can see ten bikes here and there's more unseen. I keep trapping myself between bikes in here.

My name is cheesebot and I'm a bikeaholic...

Sippin on that vintage biekahol i see

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

That exhaust is so precious :3:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

new bike day, woo

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah CRF250L. All I did with it yesterday was take it home in the pouring rain (the day was sunny and beautiful until I was on the road home) and hit the dirt pile a few times to see what would happen.

Today I rode it to work, tested out jumping curbs, and on my way home I plan on taking a long back dirt road. So far, so good.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Went on some back dirt roads, met some tractors and ATVs, lots of large puddles, and some pretty rough terrain on a "road" that is actually more of a town maintained ATV trail that technically allows plated vehicles. I am thinking about taking on some rougher stuff tomorrow but I will let the weather decide that, though depending on how violent the thunder showers are, it could make for good video.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

wtf is this predditor poo poo, bieks arent people

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I was riding home from work and there was a nice rainbow so I took a picture

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

mikeyio posted:

Thankfully, it wasn't. Also I had no idea they made Bane mouth things. I can't say I'm surprised though.

I believe he is referring to:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

you could say that kind of damage and abuse builds character

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

They really need shorter gearing from the factory. With the limited power, shorter gears will actually allow the bike to get to top speed.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Evil the Cat posted:

I had a pretty kool Polaris snomobile that I traded for this 2015 R6. Never thought I'd end up on a sportbike, but it turned out to be good times. Removing the fairing to change the oil was a pain though cause the manual is not very accurate.

my mach z 800 broke a chain and chaincase and I said gently caress this poo poo and traded it for an ex250 and became a better person instantly

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

between fathers day yesterday and my birthday today i decided to buy a new motorcycle

I bought it for my daughter to upgrade from her pw50

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character posted:

So.... How fun is it to ride?

It wheelies :hehe:

I couldn't really play because she is at her grandmas tonight and I don't want to crash it before she sees it, but we have all day tomorrow. Now her brother fully inherits the pw50 as his bike so he should be totally stoked as well

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

haha she has been doing work on a clapped out pw50 for three years now, she deserved an upgrade. I have two 80/90-10 IRC MB-38 tires that feel surprisingly sticky to install for some mini supermoto action and she starts racing July 10th. At this point she has everything she needs except jersey+pants but I was told she could participate without them as long as she had the other required protection (since gearing up 6 year olds is a pain in the rear end some times). I did email Klutch Industries to see if they could get me a ~pink youth jersey since they're a track vendor and do custom lettering but nothing back yet.

My son, on his pw50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZK3hVHLXFQ

Olivia, very first ride on the crf (excuse me being fat)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfTxVRLVlmA

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I am looking forward to lining the kids up side by side and having them drag race because I think that pw50 (with my son and all of his 35lbs) would give the crf a run for its money, especially in shorter distances and with my daughter just learning how to shift.

PW50 is a 50cc two stroke shaft drive single speed cvt type thing, front and rear hand brakes, no shifting, it can be quick but runs out of steam up top

crf50 is a 50cc four stroke with a 3 speed semi auto with the brakes where they should be and chain drive.

It is a step up in size and weight and the controls layout is pretty much 'motorcycle' and due to the insane aftermarket, she shouldn't need another bike for at least 3 or 4 more years

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

captainOrbital posted:

Well, I don't know; that's not my bike. I hate Maine and everyone who lives there.

I know at least Corbin and Sargent both make seats for the FZ. My PO was trying to sell me a pack of upgrades he took off the bike because it wasn't moving on CL, including a seat and a remote-res air-horn, but I never took a look at the seat. Give him a call: his name is Bob.

to quote my governor to the naacp: kiss my butt

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I felt bad for not posting a photo so I went outside to ride my biek and i left the key on so i took this terrible photo for you

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

nice tits

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Razzled posted:

You caught me I was squidding

one of the worst calls ive ever taken was someone impaled onto a tree that fell in front of their vehicle during a really violent sudden storm, just food for thought!!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Needs some kill stickers on the side Razzled...

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

if i had to make an uneducated guess i would say it is so the front tire diverts water instead of throwing it straight back at the rear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I believe with the front tread 'backwards' it would push the rain out laterally rather than funnel it directly to the rear , while the rear tire is going to be scooping the water up and sending it straight back but like i said that is just uneducated opinion