Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

1972 Suzuki RV90. 90cc 2-stroke. 4 speed manual transmission. ATV tires. Street legal. This is the most fun I've ever had on a bike.

73 RD350 in the middle of a rebuild. I stripped it down this winter, and am building it back up. Its a riot.

75 Kawasaki F11-250. Used to be my dads. I bought it back from the guy he sold it to. Stuck some street tires on it, and did the quasi-supermoto thing. It siezed up on me this spring. Its on the backburner for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

Still rocking my 2006 DRZ-400SM. It's got about 9k miles on it now and I love it more than the day I bought it. It still finds ways to teach me new things nearly once a month. Absolutely the funnest bike I've owned. My previous bikes were a 2003 Yamaha R6 and a 2002 Honda CBR 954RR.

I miss my DRZ, and I regret selling it. I guess what I'm trying to say is drat YOU FOR HAVING ONE :argh:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

Dude I was all excited to be in the DRZ army with you then you went made me sad when you said you were selling it. :( You should get another one.

mutt2jeff posted:

^^ If you will recall, every motherfucker on here tried to convince him not to sell it.

I was blinded by my desire to get out from under debt. Looking back, I shouldnt have done it. It would have been paid off by now.

I'll own another one some day.

R.I.P You beautiful machine:

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 8, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MONDAY SHALL BRING THE INCEPTION OF THE RV90 ARMY.

GLORY BE TO TINY BIKES.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It smells delicious though, so its worth it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

redscare posted:

Dude uh, I think that 2nd pic might be NWS (and possibly downright wrong)...

I AM POSTING THIS FROM THE LINE AT THE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE :argh:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I want a TW200 in the worst way!! Its the spiritual successor to the RV90!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

vex posted:

Just bought myfriends old bike (gotta use that student loan money for somethin cool right?) hes moving up to a 1300, so i wont be able to keep up with him :( . I havent riden dirtbikes for a few years now and ive been itching to get back into riding. Itll make my commute shorter now that i wont have to wait around for all the lovely traffic, too. im pretty excited, I haven't got my license yet so I'm only taking it out at night.

can anybody suggest where to get some frame sliders? Imnew to riding on the road but i know i want to get into stunting for sure, a couple of my bros stunt on the weekends but i haven't told them about my new ride yet.

Oh also whats the deal on insurance. Im prety sure none of my homeboys have any and i got health coverage through my parents, so really i wouldnt need to worry about bike insurance, would i?? it would prolly be too expensive also since i may or may not have a dui from a while ago.

thanks for any help bros time to pass out its been a long night of partying lol

Most obvious troll ever.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

NinjaCthulhu posted:

Suzuki Bandit 600. The previous owner dumped it and messed up the faring, so he put some triumph headlights on the front.

How do you like that bike? I'm scrimping and saving for a 1st-gen 1200 Bandit.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

8ender posted:

That not a funny joke. :mad: I thought Yamaha made a bonkers big displacement 2 stroke I didn't know about. My dream is crushed :(

They did, problem is, you gotta spend about 30K to get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120295079162

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nerobro posted:

How about 700cc 2 stroke, single. No powervalve.

http://www.atkusa.com/documents/2008ATK700-620ccIntimidator.pdf
http://dirtbike.off-road.com/dirtbike/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=332426

Or... There's the GT750 which is a big tame, triple. Or, if you wanna go real nuts, the RG500 is a 100hp 500cc square 4.

Ha! It makes 78hp and weighs 238lbs dry.

What a loving rocketship.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pubic Lair posted:

My 90 zephyr 550 I just got it 3 weeks ago for $1100 with 9000mi.

I had it for 5 days and it got backed over in a customers driveway. Wrecking the tank paint, denting the tank, bars, brake, sidecover, exhaust, fender ect..

After $500 in paint and $350 in parts it looks like this.

Zephyrs are sweet looking bikes. I have to say that Kawi stuck that ducktail design on a lot of bikes (I have a 250 Kawi enduro with one), and they were smart to do so, it looks sharp on almost everything they put it on.

Getting backed over was a blessing in disguise, the new paint job looks much better than the old one.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

shadow diver posted:

I wrecked the very same day I took those pictures

Suprise of the century.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It occurs to me that I havent really shown off my latest completed project, my 73 RD350.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

I assembled it out of two boxes of parts in about 2 months. Its got pretty much every non-huge-undertaking type of engine mod you can do to an RD, and it makes quite a bit of power.

Its a bit like a bottle rocket though, as the powerband is so high in the revs and so short, it comes on strong though, and it pulls harder than my CB750 did. Its fun to ride, even though its too small for me. Its a very small bike, in person. RD's are based off of Yamahas TZ Grand Prix racer, so you have to be a 120lb Japanese guy to really "fit" on one. Due to its heritage though, it handles stupidly well, as well as my old DRZ-SM, which was lightyears ahead of this thing, technology-wise.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 27, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats the Non-US XR, I believe. We get screwed with the older model.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

eknomf posted:

I just picked up this (71 Yamaha RT1, 6k miles) as my first bike about a week ago:

It's in great condition for being 37 years old, seems really easy to ride, and was cheap enough that I won't be devastated if I do crash it into something. Plus I love the 2 strokes...

I had a 360 RT3, what a bike. It got crashed into something.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

POR15 dries into a hard plastic essentially. You'd have to be putting some pretty gnarly poo poo in your tank, or have gotten a bad batch of POR15 to have gummy poo poo in your carb from it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Nice! You get twin racing stripes down your bedspread this time?

:master:

The internet never forgets

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Polynomial posted:

Bought it yesterday for $1k from a guy I know here. It's an '88 ZX600 c1.

Click here for the full 912x684 image.

You paid 1K US? Where are you located? That seems pretty high for a bike in that shape.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

tbonewalker posted:

RV90 time. Just put on new tires and shocks.

The shocks came off a late 80's Suzuki quad, and have the same mounting dimensions as stock shocks, though they are a bit wider at the top, necessitating mounting one right side up and the other upside down. I figure this won't hurt anything, but I'm not sure. It seems to handle better now compared to the junk stock shocks.

Nice! The RV army seems to grow by the day. How do you like those tires? Is yours strictly off-road, or does it see pavement time as well?

I've been thinking about picking those same tires up for off-road duty on my RV90.

Colawa posted:

I know this isn't the stupid question thread but what kind of riding do you do with a bike like this? They look pretty drat cool to be honest, do you do trails with them? or street?

As Nerobro said, they're a do-anything bike. They were street legal when new, so if you have a titled one, you can take it on the streets, which is really fun. They're only good to about 45mph or so, depending on what kind of tires you have on them. Think of them as an offroad scooter on steroids and you'll get the idea.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Sep 8, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pompous Rhombus posted:

About how much do those RV's weigh?

Dry weight is listed as 185lbs.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Orange Someone posted:

From what I've seen, there's not a whole lot of mechanical difference between the L and the R (though I'm speaking from the point of view of the 125). I think it mainly comes down to things like indicators, mirrors and license plate. There may also be more power if it doesn't need to pass emissions control and so is tuned differently.

*** vvvv Man I look stupid now. I was wondering though, the XR125R is generally not street legal (the L is) but the XR650Rs I've seen over here (Britain) have been legal on the street. And I don't think I've seen a 650L. I think I'll shut up before I dig myself in any further.

The R is liquid cooled, and significantly more powerful.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I guess these fit better here than in the Cycle Pictures and Videos thread, since they arent anything out of the ordinary, just some shots I snapped of my new 1200 Bandit.

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Repo Man posted:

Just in case you don't already know about it, http://www.portablepct.com/fastlarry/banditfaq.htm

I really like my Bandit. Powerful enough for me, with a fair amount of low end. Makes back roads easier, since you don't have to worry as much about not being in the right gear coming out of a corner. This last weekend I rode from Chico to Eugene on Saturday, and back to Chico on Sunday. Though I've been tempted at times to get a GSXR, I don't think I would have been able pull off that kind of trip (six hours each way, stopping only to get gas and pee) with the lower seating position.

Do you have a 1200? How many miles do you get out of a tank?

Anyways, yeah, I had a GSXR-600, and I like the bandit better. The GSXR actually made more power, but it was pretty unusable on the street. The bandits power is much more accessible, and even better yet, its torque is too.

I've taken to calling the Bandit "The Super Couch", as its fast, and extremely comfortable.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You need to be more specific than "couldnt get it to kick over".

By kick over do you mean that when you try to kick start it, the engine is locked solid?

Do you mean that when you hit the starter nothing happens?

Do you mean that when you hit the starter, the engine turns over, but will not start?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The perspective on that thing is really weirding me out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Zenaida posted:

Whoa, I just noticed the surrealist chain.

Nah, its just that the front and rear sprockets are the same size. The swingarm is a wear item. After the chain grinds through it, you just buy a new one.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 30, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You drew that, didnt you.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DRZ-SM's are so loving cool. If you cant have fun on one, you're dead on the inside.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dubs posted:

The dealer had to Yoshi in the backroom for a year or so and couldn't get rid of it so i got it and the bike jetted for about 40% of the pipes cost, But i think its running a bit lean and i think ill pull the snorkel and maybe cut the airbox fairly soon.

:confused: That will just make it run leaner.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

null0ne posted:

For some reason, I can't see scooters without thinking how fun they'd be to absolutely flog around town.

Thats pretty much the whole point of their existence.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cricket eater joe posted:

I've decided to make a tradition out of Halloween. Every October I am going to get a new bike to celebrate, needless to say the wife is not pleased.

Here is last year's bike.

This year I decided to go with something modern and picked up a trike. I'm pretty pleased with it.

The collection so far.

Here's a for real picture the wife took lately of me out riding.

And here's my daughter looking metal as gently caress and ready to go ride.

Table breaking, no gear, ipod.

You have made the trifecta of huge noob mistakes here.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Telefonicas and the Alstares are some of the best looking sportbikes ever.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Looks pretty good debadged, and I dont usually like that.

Missing an exhaust though :confused:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Here we go....

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

rope kid posted:

I'm unsure if I'll get decals for it. The aluminum is very nice by itself.

And nope, no clearcoat, just bare metal.

Hoo boy, you'll have to keep up on the polishing, so it doesnt oxidize.

Looks great though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Are you positive its rich? Popping on decel is usually a lean symptom.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

goku chewbacca posted:

I also thought it was a sign of richness; unburned fuel funneling into the hot exhaust and igniting there. Good to know.

You can get that, but you have to be really rich, for one, and for two, it tends to be one or two big bangs, spaced well apart when you're that rich.

The quick rapid-fire burbling and popping on decel usually means its lean.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It would make it leaner, so no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Orange Someone posted:

Also, why does Britain always have a distinctive look in photographs? (If that's not Britain, I'm going to look mighty stupid)

Its the cloudy skies.