Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilDonald
Aug 30, 2002

I'm the urban spaceman, baby.
Here's a dark picture of my '07 KLR650, taken when I first got it in February. Click for big.

Since then I've removed the windshield and handguards to reduce wind buffeting, added a Wolfman Explorer tankbag and luggage, replaced the doohickey, zip-tied the GPS mount from my car to the handlebars, 2" lowering links, adjusted the valves, changed the oil twice, somehow acquired a small hole in the taillight lens and drat near worn out the rear tire. It's been on a back roads drive from North Carolina to Iowa, and has been to to Richmond and upstate New York. Before it gets home it'll have gone to Indianapolis, Nashville, Cincinatti, Bumfuck Ohio, Sonoma, Detroit and Chicago.

I'll put a tire on it in Sonoma, I think, I'm looking at the Avon Gripsters. I also want to put the stock links back in, add a taller than stock windshield, a tool tube, Corbin seat, and a tail bag and saddlebags made from Pelican cases.

I don't go on anything worse that packed gravel with it, but considering the travel I don't feel like too much of a poser.

When I bought it, someone here instructed me to ride the piss out of it, and I have been. :) First bike too, I kinda jumped into this with both feet.

EvilDonald fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilDonald
Aug 30, 2002

I'm the urban spaceman, baby.
I know' I'm posting twice. But I have a better picture. You've all seen what the KLR looked like a few months ago:

This is what it looks like now, most of the time.

Only registered members can see post attachments!