Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
as soon as i figure out how to post pics, i'll show ya mine = imageshack is a no no right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
i have an 07 650r. it was super comfy with the stock bars on, felt like you could ride all day and have your body not hate you. i ordered and installed the sport bars V2. best mod i've done so far, probably the best mod you can do to our little 650's. gives you a lower more sporty position, while retaining the comfort. oh yea, 650r's rock :dance:

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
2008 kawi EX250 race bike

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

Z3n posted:

Where are you racing/who are you racing with? The 250 number is excellent.

thanks. i race CMRA (central motorcycle roadracing association). texas tracks, with one track in oklahoma. picked up this 250 from a WERA seller in march of last year, i wanted a dedicated track/race bike (i can dig up my purchase/build thread from our local forum if there is any interest). i bought the bike and did my licensing the same day. this is my second season racing, i was 3rd in points for one of my classes but i missed the last race weekend, and it looks like i'll be missing the next one as well. :(

250's are stupid fun.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

Russian Bear posted:

Is there a preference for gen 4 vs gen 3 (or vice versa) for the 250 class? I'd love to race a 250 sometime in the future, mind sharing costs of a typical race weekend?

VVVVV Hah, first I typed out: "mind sharing the costs so we can compare to Zen racing his gxr" but hey you came along anyway :p.

Z3n posted:

Have you had a chance to track a 600 at all? I'm also curious about 250 race costs...I keep trying to convince myself I should race a 250/650 rather than a 600, but I just can't bring myself to go back. :(

cost wise, its pretty good compared to a 600. lets break it down.
gate fee: $15

entry fees: $100 for my 2 sprints. i race Formula 4 ($45) and E superstock ($50) +$5 since in register the day of.

endurace: $35 per hour, split equally among my teammate. i stick to the shorter 2-3 hour endurance since i don't wanna beat up my engine for a long rear end time. i did do a 6hr endurance race, and that was split among 4 people.

so for a typical race weekend, i'll be right under or slightly over $200 after i factor in food and gas money.

tires: BT003r/s rear (in a 140) i used to get them for $100, but i paid $120 for the last one. i ran pretty much a WHOLE SEASON and trackdays in between, on 1 rear tire.

for the front, i used to to run a BT003 pro soft compound (in a 120). these run around $140-$150 and i have to get them from our race distributor, since they are a race tire. i'm now running a Dunlop Ntech front, a buddy sold me his race takeoff for $20. the dunlops last a LOOOOOONG time. plenty of tread left on, i'll most likely throw another Ntech on there if i can get it for $30 lol.

oil changes: $30 (if i buy a new filter). i change the oil every other race weekend, or 3-4 trackdays. if i do an endurance, oil will be changed before the next race.

and Zen,
i started off on a ninja 650r. which i still ride on the street. i've ridden friend's 600s on the track.i tend to take it easy since i don't wanna bin a someone else's bike. takes me a bit to get used to coming off a 250. i'm thinking about getting a race ready SV, to tempting.

let me dig up a thread on 250 racing costs. i'll make a new one on here.

here is a vid from our E superstock race, at the season opener. my friend was running a go pro, and i ended up being in front of her for the majority of the race. check out my pass at 4:19, i came in way hot and ran wide =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVXGDilfxgA&feature=player_embedded

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
i wanna move try a bigger bike, but its hard to justify the costs. the fast guys around here buy a brand new set of dunlops for close to $500. i can't and won't do that. plus, there is no way you can come off the 250 and not have a big poo poo eating grin on your face. my teammate is a body builder, over six feet 240lbs easy, dude says he likes endurance racing my bike more than racing his gsxr 1000. but like i said, i'm reeeeally thinking of picking up an SV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
i recently picked up a third bike as well. i think i have a problem. riders anonymous?