Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Not enough green in here.

08 Ninja 650r, only 300 miles on it which means I'm still in the break in and haven't had a chance to even enter the powerband yet. :(

edit:700 miles and it's more awesome now.

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 23, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Bugdrvr posted:

What does everyone think of the Ninja 650s?

I'm going to be I moving to SoCal this fall and will be looking for a new bike. The 650 is just about tops on my list. That is if I don't give in to my impractical lust for the new 600RR.

It's a pretty awesome commuter bike and is perfectly able to go around some twisties. It works well as a sport-tourer too but if you are going to be sitting on it for a long time I would recommend a more comfortable seat.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Is it fuzz or fizz????

Whichever it is the front wheel seems to be repelled by the ground.

Suspensions gonna get sorted this weekend. I'm only 150lbs and honestly I don't think the front is that bad, I did notice the rear was super soft so I hope there's enough adjustment for me there.

Ordering spools and fender elim asap and then windscreen maybe??

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I could not find that color locally so I settled for the black. I kind of wish they still had blurple wheels.

Fender elim coming Friday for my fz, can't wait to clean that rear up.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

captainOrbital posted:

Which one did you get? I got one on eBay from this weird dude and it worked really well plus he sent me a bunch of emails. I decided to keep the stock turn signals for now, though.

I might eventually be super vain and replace my tail-light with an actual Rizoma. It looks so clean!

I grabbed the Graves kit because it lets you reuse the little cap that covers the seat release. Also grabbed some cheap led bolts to use so I can legally ride at night since there was no license plate light.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Fender elim on. Really cleans up the look of the bike. Not sure why Yamaha went with a square tail light but it's definitely spoiling the look.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
That's not too bad looking, if it's bright I might actually end up getting that or something similar. I like how huge and bright the stock one is but man the shape is just so out of place.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

captainOrbital posted:

My FZ-09 has the most pathetically sad range. I swear to G*d it's under 100 miles.

Maybe I should just ride it farther when the F-trip comes on and see. Kramer-style.

Mines about 120 miles. It's cool when your bikes gas tank is a thimble.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
FZ-09 milage update. I had reserve come on today at 100 miles. I was expecting it to be a little lower than usual because I had let it idle for like 15-20 minutes while fiddling with it but that caught me off guard.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I love everything about that bike.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Is that a 2017? Did they finally resolve the vibes like they promised?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

ilkhan posted:

Thus begins my 2 wheeled adventures:

Ninja300 ABS/KRT

Grats, glad you decided to start small afterall.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I think that's probably also a useful addition, because my fz loves get rocks all over the seat.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
That RS looks sick, I'm hoping to test ride one soon.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Technically not mine yet but I just put a deposit down on this:

The last 2016 RR in a 100 mile radius. I'm hype as gently caress, I didn't want to get off it after the test ride.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
He's got the white guilt.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I have a CRG shorty clutch that I really like. Never used a shorty brake lever and probably won't so I can't comment on that end.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Is that a real sign? Where is this that people crash so much they need to put up a sign???

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
There's a lot of reasons to go with the 17 over the 15. TCS, ABS, better front suspension.....and I guess a new fender.

stealth edit: also a flatter seat!!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
If you do any serious riding or touring you might want to look elsewhere unless you wanna dump a bunch of money into the bike.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I want one of these pretty badly, but I am so very reticent to get rid of my perfect Tuono V4R. Hrnngngnnnn

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

A MIRACLE posted:

lanesplitting?

Ninja splitting.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Please, the insurance on those bikes is already getting high.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Aesthetics aside, is there any real difference between the xsr and fz09?

One of them isn't bullsht "retuned for torque" or something?

The 2017 fz-09 is basically the same now. The xsr had the upgraded suspension and traction control when it came out but they refreshed the fz so they are pretty much the same bike now.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Worn out in the rear.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I wanted a stupid small bike, so I got this thing:

Size comparison to Tuono

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Coydog posted:

While I prefer the first gen, I am absolutely giddy every time I see a grom. Probably gonna be my next bike. Please keep posting pics and thoughts on what it's like to live with one day to day.

1 Day ownership report. I have 40 miles on it and everyone seems to love it. It gets way more attention than my Tuono does. Needs a pipe though, it's so quiet. The only way I can tell it's still running is from vibes unless I rev the piss out of it(you basically always have to do this).

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
That's great, I really like the little CBs.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

clutchpuck posted:

Are there Aprilias that aren't broken?

Don't jinx me you fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Well now im going to look for a red helmet, you could do it with any color but the red just seems the most lego.