Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster
that cannon is loving boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster

Aristotle Animes posted:

and diagnosing mental conditions of ancient dudes is loving dumb

yeah okay whatever famed forum poster Autistic Animes

edward said is gay posted:

you guys know what else is cool? napalm and white phosphorus! look at those hajis burn!

you are a tremendous human being and you make LF less interesting to read

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster

Esteban posted:

Ultimately it wasn't very successful. (from wiki: By cover of night he had the Rhodians knock a hole through the wall and channel large amounts of water, mud and sewage onto the area where the Helepolis was expected to attack the following day. Diognetus was successful; the tower was brought forth to the anticipated attack position and became irretrievably stuck in the mire)

But imagine this rolls up to your city and starts firing flaming arrows over the walls. Would the poo poo hit your pants before it hits the fan?

that's loving ridiculous. why not just use horses?

Aristotle Animes posted:

i just owned your thesis lol

What thesis I haven't done poo poo, you're the guy named after an autistic dude have fun trying to let this go and sleep at night. :pwn:

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster

Aristotle Animes posted:

Archimedes and Aristotle were two completely different people I assure you

dude you aren't familiar with the Hellenistic Conspiracy?!

get the gently caress out noob

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster

Sputty posted:

have you tried to ram walls with horses or stack them to get over? its really hard you need a lot of tape

I meant why not use horses to move the thing. 3400 dudes is a lot.

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster

Aristotle Animes posted:

the athenians lied, socrates died

no seriously I had a TA once have this crazy conspiracy about how Archimedes simply "recovered" lost documents from Socrates-Plato-Aristotle and how he was a thief just stealing their ideas and eventually this turned into Archimedes and Aristotle actually being the same person and records getting destroyed later with new fake dates for births/deaths being fabricated and blah blah blah the dude didn't get his PhD and didn't TA again next quarter.

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster

Aristotle Animes posted:

THE loving MEDICI!!!!
all knowledge came from Hermes blah blah yeah he probably loved the Da Vinci Code

dude would have let dan brown plow his rear end in a top hat without a moment's hesitation

some afro-centrists claim socrates stole all his knowledge from the library of alexandria, which was filled by writings by black africans

yes but this is wrong because WHITE POWER

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster

and because socrates predated the library

and also white power

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster
Mongolian Hordes were a superweapon in and of themselves. The guys had bows that could pierce jsut about any armor, could ride for days at a time without tiring, and were absolutely fearless. Ghengis Khan united a bunch of warring peasant tribes into a single cohesive force that destroyed every other army in China. That's absolutely ridiculous.

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster

Kasonic posted:

I miss the days of warfare where you could win a battle just by having some big, crazy thing that made a loud noise and scaring the opposing army into shambles

this is pretty much what nukes are for nowadays

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster

King Berel posted:

Mongols had invented a tactic nobody expected or could counter.

Firing arrows while moving in directions other than towards the enemy.

which is a great segue to me posting this gif

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster

Eegah posted:

just wanted to mention that genghis was a horrible loving barbarian who didn't even know how to hold a teacup

why do you think goons try to identify with him all the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0g
Jul 15, 2003

by Fragmaster

JERFit posted:

How come nobody mentioned that the mongols would live for weeks off of blood. just blood.

god drat

out of their own horses necks no less