Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Krazy Ivan
Nov 10, 2004
I think the trick is as thus:
Sift the cake flour (has to be cake flour and not AP) with the cocoa powder and sugar. then mix in the milk and oil slowly, and add the egg very last. Whip this for about a minute straight so that the egg is fully incorporated into the flour and cocoa. The sugar and flour gluten should work to bring the protein in the yolk out and bind it with the cocoa powder and the oil. Cooking it on a low to medium heat (has to be low) for a longer period of time will work for better results. Medium and low heat are essential for the correct cooking of the egg and wheat gluten. If not, the gluten, egg and oil will combine to create that rubber flavor.
I am trying to make this now and finding a mug is harder than I thought it would be. I'll post pictures of the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU