Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Well, I like the fact that even Joss Whedon can be humble and say "Okay, maybe this is just too loving incomprehensible."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Bunnita posted:

True conception? I thought it was the night he didn't lose his soul.

What he means is that he successfully passed the trials to give Darla a second chance at life, but it was worthless to him because Darla couldn't use it as she was already resurrected by Wolfram & Hart and was already on her "second chance". So the "second life" presented itself in the form of Connor (when Angel and Darla got it on of course, because apparently even magic abides by human physiology.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Has anyone ever seen this footage from Buffy: The Animated Series? I know they tried to make it happen a few years ago, but I didn't know they had actually animated anything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnUvZP7-5LM

Would have been cool to see more of high-school era Buffy, but it was apparently "alternate timeline Season 1" with Dawn :barf:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Stonefish posted:

Clerks Animated was very hard to describe. I mean, isn't there a rule somewhere that says you can't do flashback humour in the FIRST EPISODE of your show? :v:

I don't know, that always got a laugh from me.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Jesus christ, that neck :psyduck:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

The Angel finale is definitely one of my favorite series finales.

"Let's go to work."

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

richardfun posted:

What do you mean exactly that Angel is human, but not shansu (I know about the prophecy, but what kinda human is he then, and how did he get that way?

Wolfram and Hart made him human when they took LA to Hell because they knew that Angel would need his super Vamp powers the most there (to help out all the LA citizens getting terrorized by demons and the like)

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Spaceboy posted:

Nope, just stay in L.A., because L.A. = Hell right now anyway. So he'll die, open his eyes and be right where he died.

Super duper bonus points to me if Holland Manners shows up to say something snarky.

I think that Psimitry's post was a joke. :geno:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Going through Buffy again, I forgot how awesome The Zeppo was. Just watching Xander walk off-screen with that big grin on his face at the end of the episode makes me feel all :c00l: inside.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

richardfun posted:

I'm rewatching season 5 of Angel right now, but I have a question. At the end of season 4, when Angel is standing in the street with Jasmine, she says something along the lines of 'I am still powerful enough to destroy your entire race'. What happened to her afterwards???

She was killed by Connor.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

richardfun posted:

How many of the Buffy comics (season 8) have been released so far?

18 so far. The last issue of the "Time of your Life" arc comes out in November.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

richardfun posted:

They're arcs right? A number of issues making up a single story? How many series are there so far?

Up to the current arc, there are 4. There are also 3 one-shot issues that take place between the arcs. After Time Of Your Life is finished, there will be another one-shot issue (which will be done in the style of the Buffy Animated Series that was never picked up).

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

Best Villian? Harmony, hands down.

She was great on Angel. I can't wait for her Season 8 comic story arc

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

raditts posted:

Speaking of which, is there a certain way that the end of Dr. Horrible is supposed to be interpreted, or do they just leave that up to you? I couldn't tell if the whole series was supposed to be his imagination, or just what happened in part 3.

No, it's nothing like that it all really happened. It's just to show that he had gotten everything he had wanted except for Penny. Even though he's now a successful supervillain in the League, he still feels sad and alone (like he usually was in his basement filming his blog)

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Rhyno posted:

One of the Vamps he kills is Sawyer from Lost.

Haha, seriously? I never noticed that before.

My favorite part of the pilot is probably Angel jumping into the wrong convertible when trying to rescue that girl in the parking garage.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Wasn't Anya supposed to be killed at the end of Selfless? That entire episode was a great wrap-up to her character but for the rest of Season 7 she was really just standing around doing nothing the entire time.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I thought Faith was one of the better characters on Buffy, but she was probably the best when she was on Angel.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Anyone check out the new Season 8 comic? The whole "Vampires are hip!" storyline is kind of stupid to me

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

So if anyone's seen the newest Angel After the Fall issue they just pulled a big reset button and Wesley's gone for good :smith:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

also

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I didn't notice any in my marathon over the last few days.

The Season 3 finale had that dream thing with Buffy and Faith where Faith mentions "Little Miss Muffet", which is kind of a cryptic reference to Dawn which shows up in Season 5 too.

That Season 4 story with Faith too also has the same type of dream where she mentions "Lil' sis coming".

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

RoryGilmore posted:

Spoilering just in case: Buffy is in a few episodes in season 1 and 2, Faith and Willow show up in the middle of season 3, Spike and Harmony are regular cast members in season 5, off the top of my head.

Actually it's Season 4 when Faith and Willow make appearances

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

The Zeppo is definitely in my list of favorite Buffy episodes.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

cool kids inc. posted:

Andy Hallet has just passed on.

That's terrible that he died so young. :( At least he can be up in heaven partying with Glenn Quinn.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

On less depressing news, it looks like Serenity will live on.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here's an article that explains the Dollhouse "finale" situation better

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b117929_dollhouse_heres_deal_on_season_finale.html

Tim Minear posted:

"Because we scrapped the original pilot—and in fact cannibalized some of its parts for other eps—we really ended up with 12 episodes. But the studio makes DVD and other deals based on the original 13 number. So we created a stand-alone kind of coda episode. Which is the mythical new episode 13. The network had already paid for 13 episodes, and this included the one they agreed to let us scrap for parts. It does not include the one we made to bring the number back up to 13 for the studio side and its obligations. We always knew it would be for the DVD for sure, but we also think Fox should air it because it's awesome."

So the bottom line is that the scrapped pilot for Dollhouse still is considered as one of the thirteen episodes that Fox ordered, leaving the technically fourteenth episode out.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

LazyDivey posted:

Sarah Michelle Gellar is reportedly in talks to reprise her role as Buffy on the big screen.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/13808/gellar-considering-a-buffy-movie-/

Here's hoping...

This would be cool, since Gellar hasn't really been in any decent movies lately. I'd wonder if they'd follow the Season 8 comics storyline, though.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Yes, but that episode also gave us El Diablo Robotico.

Anyone have the youtube link to that scene with Wesley from that episode? That's one of my favorite bits of dialouge in the series and I can't find it.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Yeah, for all of the annoying traits of Dawn, you then realize that she has basically the hugest emotional issues of any child her age. Within a year she has both her mother and sister die, and find out that she's actually a mystical ball of energy artificially inserted into reality.

Should we still be spoiling this stuff or is this just a courtesy to people going through Buffy/Angel for the first time?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

It's Japan, though. They build robots in their sleep.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Hush and Restless make going through Season 4's really bad story arc totally worth it. I also enjoyed the Faith two-parter (mainly because it segues into an awesome two-parter for her in Angel).

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Superrodan posted:

Other than the first season, every season is more like what you want. They even kind of poke fun at the lameness of the "Master and Anointed One" arc in season 1 towards the beginning in season 2

"The Zeppo" in Season 3 also pokes fun at the rather formulaic "apocalypse" storylines the earlier episodes had, too.

Also "The Zeppo" is easily the best Buffy episode ever.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

whatsabattle posted:

In other words, Wes is Batman.

Erm. Batman with guns.

:hellyeah:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I kind of lost interest in the Buffy Season 8 comics. Can anyone tell me if they get any better? I think the last issue I read was the one where Buffy and Andrew go to Europe to stop a rogue slayer and her posse.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I think I stopped reading the Buffy Season 8 comics during the Fray arc because I just didn't know what the gently caress was going on. Glad to see I haven't been missing anything worthwhile, though.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Cocks Cable posted:

I'm watching Dollhouse for the first time and I heard Epitaph One is a special case episode. Where should I watch Epitaph One in the grand order of things? At the end of season 1 or at the end of the entire series?

Epitaph One is a time-jump episode, so watch it at the end of Season 1. It was made at a time when Whedon and company didn't think they'd get a second season, so it can effectively serve as a series finale (and it's a pretty drat good one too).

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

whoops, wrong thread. sorry everyone. nothing to see here

On topic: Are they actually doing more Angel comics? I enjoyed After the Fall but I lost interest when they started up Aftermath.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

It's really sad at how Marti Noxon helped poo poo up Buffy in its later seasons because she wrote some great episodes earlier in the show, like "The Wish" and "Wild at Heart". :(

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

I liked everything in that episode except the cheese man. HAHA RANDOM isn't funny just because Whedon does it.

I thought it was funny because in an episode full of cryptic references to future events on the show or weird imagery or situations that analyze the deeper personalities and thoughts of the characters, here you have a guy that has absolutely no secret meaning or interpretation. He's just a guy with cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

That line was about Dawn. 730 days (two years) after the end of season 3 was when Dawn showed up.

It's more of a dual meaning, foreshadowing both Dawn and Buffy's death (which came about in order to save Dawn). 730 days is also the approximate amount of time between the airing dates of "Graduation Day" (Season 3 finale) and "The Gift" (Season 5 finale). And in "Restless", in a part of Buffy's dream, she looks at a clock that says 7:30 and Tara informs her the clock is wrong (since it's actually 365 days now, one half of 730).

So yeah, it seems like Joss had a fairly clear point of where to 'end' Buffy.

• Locked thread