Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Links: The Old Thread · Buffy Season 8 · Angel Season 6 · Dr. Horrible · Dollhouse at Wikipedia

What's Dollhouse about?

quote:

In Dollhouse, Dushku plays a young woman named Echo, a member of a group of people known as "Actives" or "Dolls." The Dolls have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas, including memory, muscle memory, skills, and language, for different assignments. They're then hired out for particular jobs, crimes, fantasies, and occasional good deeds. On missions, Actives are monitored internally (and remotely) by Handlers. In between tasks, they are mind-wiped into a child-like state and live in a futuristic dormitory/laboratory, a hidden facility nicknamed "The Dollhouse". The story follows Echo, who begins, in her mind-wiped state, to become self-aware.

Beyond Dushku's character, the show will also revolve around the people who run the mysterious "Dollhouse" and two other "Dolls", Victor and Sierra, who are friendly with Echo. Although the Actives are ostensibly volunteers, the operation is highly illegal and under constant threat from Paul Smith, a determined federal agent who has heard a rumor about the dolls on one end and an insane rogue Active on the other.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I believe the official rule is: anywhere somebody lives as their "home" brings the need for an invitation.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Rhyno posted:

He had at least one funny line. I know he did even if I can't think o it right now.

"Hail to you, potential client!"

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Superhaus posted:

Strap in. The Cordy poo poo gets wierder.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Rhyno posted:

It's common knowledge that Whedon intended to split Fred and Illyria in season 6.

I never heard that.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Crossover spoilers:

Oz crosses over from Buffy with the Gem of Amara in Season 1, and then Buffy and Faith later that season; Willow comes over at the end of Season 2; Willow comes over in Season 4, and then takes Faith back with her to Buffy, then Angel takes the "amulet" over to Buffy at the end of Season 4, which comes back to Angel in Season 5; and then Andrew shows up twice on Angel in Season 5.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

RoryGilmore posted:

No it isn't, but Angel's face in that scene is priceless and I'd like the gif anyway if you have it Aatrek.

Is this what you're looking for?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
My favorite crossover is when Angel is at that hotel with Darla and suddenly the commandos bust in and the music just cranks and Drusilla just breeezes in and I was all HOOOOOLY poo poo

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Oh, drat. :(

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
In counterpoint, I :love: Season 4 of Angel.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Glory... she was just here. I think... she left?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

cool kids inc. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

Do you wanna date my avatar?

(Felicia Day singing about MMO's. If you pay attention you'll see one of the groupies from Dr. Horrible- who also happened to be one of the writers of Dr. Horrible and the much lauded Epitaph One episode of Dollhouse- groping all over the rogue character)

That's really funny. And the production value is much higher than I'm used to, based on the other Guild videos.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Cordelia gets all ascended by Skip in the season 3 finale. She hangs around with The Powers That Be until she helps Angel out when he visits Vegas, and then she gets kicked out. Jasmine hitched a ride in her head when Cordelia returns to Earth, but she's blocked by Cordelia's amnesia.

The mind-resolving spell in "Spin the Bottle" was meant to bring Cordelia's memories back, but it accidentally released Jasmine from Cordelia's mind, allowing her to take over Cordelia's body, as well.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
If anyone's interested I'm selling ALL of Buffy and ALL of Angel over here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3196151

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
B1, B2, B3, then alternate episodes of B4/A1, B5/A2, B6/A3, B6/A4, and then A5.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
holy hell he's in a suit

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Has everyone seen this clip from Castle (starring Nathan Fillion)? If not, WATCH THIS NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3pdj9p6yI

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Go watch Angel next.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

LividLiquid posted:

The Hobbit and the new Bond movie aren't getting released either. MGM is completely hosed for money.

Which is also why neither the third Stargate SG1 movie or the post-finale Stargate Atlantis movie haven't materialized, either.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The season 7 premiere with all the villains of seasons past was pretty awesome.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
They're talking about all those things because it's 1996.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Yup, we're getting a Buffy reboot.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/ee53ca759a992976fb18dc8ead9ca69efc844cf5/VTS_04_1.VOB_snapshot_09.04_[2010.11.22_19.13.40].jpg[/img]

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Yeah, I'm doing a rewatch now. I skipped the dumpy part of Season 1, starting with episode eleven ("Briar Rose"), which features the introduction of Alan Tudyk. He is so much better - right from the start - when you know who he really is, and what his real motivations are.

It's not so much that the cancellation happened at the right time, it's that Joss and his team went into season two expecting it to be the end, and they planned the whole season assuming that it was all they were going to get.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure the person who created it did it on purpose.

Yeah, Captain Mal and Captain Hammer.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Was it ever revealed that Angel wanted Lindsay killed? I always thought that it was Lorne's plan, which is why he left town afterwards - he sunk lower than he'd ever expected.

Edit: Oh, yeah, you're right.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

hope and vaseline posted:

I think barring anything Cordelia related, S4 is my favorite season. It's such a huge, sweeping, epic super episode of awesome. (And yes I liked the Jasmine stuff, though I thought Gina Torres was miscast)

Same here. Plus Willow and Faith's breakout.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
If you don't think he signs off on every panel, you're very mistaken.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I'm working my way through Buffy and Angel for the first time in a couple of years. It's amazing how as soon as Cordelia moves to L.A., she's immediately like 24 years old and not straight out of high school. Charisma Carpenter always was way to old to play a convincing high school kid, so I'm glad they dropped any high school references as soon as she left Sunnydale.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I think it's more that David Boreanaz was just a better actor by the time 'Angel' started up.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
At least it got Wes to break Faith out of prison.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I've always been a big defender of season four. Save for the below, of course...

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Best part of Angel S1 so far: Buffy breezing into town after Faith, expecting to take charge, and Angel tells her to gently caress off and :getout: of his city

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Rhyno posted:

But then over on Buffy he pusses out and apologizes.

Yeah, I forgot about that part as I'm rewatching these episodes. At least he gets to beat the crap out of Riley while he's there.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Adam has a 3.5" floppy drive in his chest :xd:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I love Lorne, but I hate when Lorne sings. I really don't like Andy Hallett's singing voice (RIP).

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The rocket launcher does make a reappearance in Season 7, when Buffy goes wacko and tried to blow up Robin Wood. It's pretty great.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

thebardyspoon posted:

I've never read the comics but when Angel phoned Giles when she was dying wasn't it implied that Giles was probably saying something like "one of your group who is now working for an evil corporation is dying? Whoopy poo poo".

Yeah, when Andrew showed up to catch that crazy Slayer, he had a whole army of activated Potentials with him for backup because Angel & Co. was working for Wolfram & Heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

• Locked thread