Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math
I think it's in Angel S3 (the first episode maybe) where Angel stands awkwardly outside Fred's room in the Hyperion waiting for an invite. Maybe it doesn't count as a hotel, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math
^
Why We Fight, I believe. 5th season.

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math

Oxygen Frog posted:

They don't just lose their soul, their soul gets replaced by a demon. They usually have similar personalities and they keep the memories, but it's a completely different "person" inside.

But that's problematic when considering Angel's quest for redemption. If when you lose your soul, your body becomes a demon's vessel, then why would re-ensouled Angel feel the need to redeem for the things the demon did? Unless Angel is the demon, but with a soul, but that goes against the whole lose your soul, get a demon thing.

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math
And yet Spike still loves those blooming onions.

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math

Chinaman7000 posted:

I just finished You're Welcome and I have a question. Cordi was apparently never woke up, but still somehow Angel and his crew beat Lindsey. Do the other AI guys remember Cordi waking up, or did Angel hallucinate it and beat Lindsey in another way, or something else? If it's answered in the later episodes then just say that, but after the shock of the ending I felt confused.

I think she says something about calling in a favor from the Powers. My guess is they gave her a temporary, corporeal body so she could help Angel and get him back on track, but when it was over the body disappeared and her soul went back to her real dying body. To me that's the simplest explanation since she interacted with all the characters and the environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math
Easiest way I think of it is that since there was only meant to be one Slayer at a time, they can only pass their powers on once (because presumably up till now, the Slayer only died once). When Buffy dies in S1, she passes the powers onto Kendra. Then when she revives, she still has Slayer powers, but since she's already passed them on, she can't do it again. When Kendra, the active Slayer dies, she passes it onto Faith.

I think Joss had a different explanation having to do with the nature of Buffy's second death, but I think this one covers the bases better.

• Locked thread