Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Kengi posted:

This will sound odd, but I'm currently under the impression that there is tax on the games, and I'm not 100% sure of why...

Will someone please confirm / deny this?

I'm in NYC. I pay tax on all PSN purchases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Yodzilla posted:

ngeunit1 is right. The reason we create a new account for each share session is just to keep things nice and tidy. Now when you do the share you're going to have to temporarily hand over your main account to someone else so for the time that they log in and grab the download they'll have access to everything. Creating a new account for new shares gets rid of that hazard.

It isn't necessary to create a new account just to share one or two games with someone. If you've already purchased a game I want and I already purchased a game you want, what would be the sense of creating a new account to share? The best way in my opinion is to find someone that has games you want and vice versa so you can just share your entire libraries with each other. This is the way another Goon and I have it set up and generally we trade off on purchasing a game and let the other person log in and download it too. Between the two of us my PSN game library is rather large. For things like Siren and Qore though, we have a separate account for obvious reasons.

In short, if someone has a game you want and is willing to share, you both will wind up with complete access to anything either of you have purchased, and in the future you can trade off on what games which one of you buys.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

dmn posted:

Ok, Burnout share is done. Now, I just need people looking for Wipeout and MM9.

I've got:

1. me
2. Im not a goon

in.(?)

If this group works out, or another one starts for just Wipeout and MM9, I'm definitely down. AIM:willxcore PSN:willxcore e-mail:wxcore(at)gmail

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 26, 2008

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Kengi posted:

I'm also looking for people to get the Buzz: Quiz TV expansions, if they would be share-able. I enjoy the game and would like to get the sci fi and video game ones. I'm either way on the National Geographic, cause I'd be horrible at the questions...

I'm down to get the Buzz expansions if we can get 3 other people that are actually interested. I wouldn't mind getting all the expansions if we can split the total between 5 people.

All 4 quiz packs cost 25.96 making it 5.20 per person (before tax). Not a bad deal for over 2000 more questions to play with since each pack claims to include over 500 new questions each.

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 24, 2008

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Trent-Easton posted:

I'd get all of them.

By the way, are the add-ons incorporated to the overall questions, or can you just play a video-game round, or a sci-fi round?

You can count me in for the horror and video games ones at least.

Go for gold and just get them all. The game is so much fun, adding so many more questions will just increase its longevity. If you're down for all we have 3 so far making it 8 and change for all the extra questions which is still a great deal.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Just so it's more organized I'm going to call out again to anyone that would be interested in scooping up all (or any) of the BUZZ Quiz TV extra question packs.

So far we have

code:
1. Kengi
2. ShoogaSlim
3. Trent-Easton
As previously stated, all the packs together cost around 26 bucks and it would be like 5 bucks each for what is promised to be over 2000 extra questions. Anyone with the game should consider it a nice deal and jump on!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Kengi posted:

If all the packs are $5.99 like I think they are, then it should come to 23.96 cause I have the ID registered in PA and there's no tax on games there.

So it's $4.80 each if we get 5 people and are going for all 4 packs. Not bad if you ask me.

The National Geographic one is 7.99 but still, fairly priced and even better if we get more people. Should we set a deadline for if people don't sign on so we can just go ahead and get it with just the 3 of us? I'm itching to get more questions.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Kengi posted:

So all 4 Buzz: Quiz TV packs ($5.99 x 3 + $7.99) across 4 people results in 6.49 each (6.99 with PayPal fees). I'll give it until the end of the day today, then we'll close it out.

1. Kengi
2. ShoogaSlim
3. Trent-Easton
4. TEHJOE

If a 5th person wants in, it'll cost you a whole $5.19 ($5.65 with PayPal fees) for over 2000 questions. I'm fine with holding off until you guys want to do this thing.

I'm down whenever. A discount is a discount and even half off is good. The more the merrier of course. You can send me a message on PSN with any updates. My handle is willxcore

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I'm going to add myself to the buddy list for the GoonBuzz account. I would suggest other people do the same just so we have easy access to get in touch with each other if need be.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I'm definitely interested in the Comedy pack. Teraad, I'm glad to see someone step up to the plate so soon.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Feenix posted:

does anyone know what the SHARE USE is based on?
Is it based on how many hard drives it has been put on or some kind of Playstation Hardware ID?

reason for asking: I'm about to swap out my HDD for a 320gb. I'm part of a couple share groups. If I'm one of 5 people in that group, will redownloading the game from the Share's "Download History" onto the SAME PS3, but with a NEW Hard Drive, constitute a "Sixth attempt, too bad sucka!"

To be safe, why don't you just deactivate all the accounts on your normal hard drive. Then when you install the new hard drive you can set up your PSN account and go into settings and reactivate everything. Just like when you have to send in your PS3 to Sony to get fixed. I've had the honor of having to do that twice already. You should be fine if you do it that way.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Teraad posted:

Me too. Hopefully somewhere down the line they'll put out more question packs that aren't movie based.

I wouldn't mind if there were so many movie based DLC packs if they were incorporated into the general theme of "movies" when you chose a category at the beginning of a round. I almost never get the choice of "movie buff" anymore and instead have to choose between Safari, Horror Movies, etc. I would like for the DLC stuff to just be incorporated.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Kengi, I haven't given money yet for the comedy dlc for Buzz. Haven't been home in a while but will be tonight. Get it to you then.

ALso, someone count me in on a SFIIHD share.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

^^^ Add me to that please, thanks.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Feenix posted:

confirm if this is shareable please. I'm actually paying for the whole thing, but I'm letting a friend get on it too...

confirmed.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

trdn89 posted:

Anyone else?

I might be interested in Burnout. I have it on disc already, if I start playing the DL version that means I lose my progress right? It wouldn't matter too much because I already passed the point of getting some of the earlier trophies so starting over wouldn't hurt too bad. Plus then I could just trade my disc in.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Ah, didn't know that the Burnout group would fill up so fast and now the decision is on me! I guess I'm down, can't cost that much anyway and being able to load from the HDD would make me play more often. If at the very least I trade in the disc version and get back what I paid to be part of the share, then I guess you can say it was worth it anyway. I'm in. How come I can't find for the life of me how big the download is though?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

trdn89 posted:

I'll run the purchase - it's $30 for the game, so with PayPal fees and all that comes out to $6.50 each.PayPal the full amount to trdn89 AT gmail DOT com, and make sure to include your SA username in the subject line so that I can keep track of who's paid. thanx bros!

Paid for Burnout.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Would anyone be interested in a Blast Factor and Soldner X Game Share? It would come out to I think a little under 5 bucks for twenty bucks worth of shooter games that have trophy support.

Let me know.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

TheArtist, JnK07 actually posted right before you saying he'd be down so that's 5 including me. Kengi if you were interested, I'm sorry but it seems we are full but to answer your question I was only considering buying the base Blast Factor game.

The group is:
ShoogaSlim
JnK07
TheArtist 314
TEHJOE
ladysparkles

I'm at work noww and probably won't be home until late tonight. Is there a way that I can setup a PSN account and buy the games strictly by PC? Otherwise I think we'll have to either wait until I get home (like 11-12 EST) or if someone else wants to take over purchasing responsibility, I can easily pay via paypal at whatever time. I don't mind being the purchaser if everyone wants to wait.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

If it's only a buck more then yeah I'm down as well. I really just kind of decided against any extras before I knew what they were and how much it costed.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I don't mind giving it a shot running a gameshare. Since neither of us will really be able to set anything up until practically the same time anyway. If everyone involved could just send me an e-mail to wxcoreATgmail so I have track of everyone, I'd appreciate it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Ok, so I set up the PSN ID for this gameshare and purchased the games already. It comes to $4.34 each. TheArtist and ladysparkles have already contacted me via e-mail. Everyone paypal the amount to wxcoreATgmailDOTcom with your SA name and I'll send over the login information.

ShoogaSlim posted:

JnK07 paid
TheArtist 314 paid
TEHJOE paid
ladysparkles paid

All paid, thanks!

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 6, 2008

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Alright so I have to apologize to those involved in my gameshare because as discussed I would have been down for add-on packs for Blast Factor since it wouldn't cost too much extra. However I only purchased the standalone game because guess what seemed pretty impossible to find in the PS Store? The loving add-ons that's what! But from the Blast Factor menu there is a "Blast Factor" store where you can purchase the add-ons. It is really a crock of poo poo because the game itself is 9.99 and the bundle with all the add-ons is 12.99, but the 2 separate add-ons without buying the bundle comes to 7.98 making the total price fuckin 17.97.

I did look around multiple areas of the PS Store to try and see what was available and it only showed the standalone game so I'm sorry to those in my group for kind of screwing us out of the bundle where we could have saved some money.

edit: gently caress me, I check under Bundles and it's the first god drat listing. I really swear I looked there before. I'm pretty pissed off at myself now.

edit2: I guess if everyone wants the add-ons for Blast Factor it will come to like a dollar and a half extra each. Which is not too bad but it would have wound up costing us like 60 cents. Maybe I'm getting too worked up over nothing because it's a minuscule difference, I'm just annoyed that I actually looked and passed right over it.

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 6, 2008

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

No problem, just got your payment. I would like to add the expansions once I have confirmation from everyone that they'd be down to front the extra buck and a half. That's all it would cost really.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

So since everyone is down for the expansions I'll probably buy them both tomorrow afternoon. According to wikipedia one pack is 4.99 and the other is 2.99, making that a total of 7.98 and 1.60 each, tax will be a bit extra.

I have to say I'm all for added extras for Blast Factor, I'm enjoying that a lot more than Soldner.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Alright, bought the two expansions for Blast Factor. Total was 8.65 with tax which comes to a whopping $1.73 each. Paypal me when you guys get a chance.

• JnK07 paid
  • TheArtist 314 paid
  • TEHJOE paid
  • ladysparkles paid

All paid, thanks people!

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 8, 2008

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

If three out of the five are already down for Power Up Forever, then consider me down as well.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

The "shooter" group (blast factor and soldner x) seemed to have all agreed on getting power up forever. I think maybe we should add crash commando to the mix to make things more interesting. Anyone? Bueller?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

TheArtist 314 posted:

You can hate me for it, but I already bought Powerup Forever on my own. I'm up for Crash Commando though. I guess I don't mind throwing down the extra $2 for powerup again if you want to keep the group all together though.

TEHJOE already picked up Crash Commando on his own as well. I guess it wouldn't be worth it since two members in the group have two different games that would be included, I wouldn't want to force anyone to buy anything twice for the sake of keeping a group together, it was fun while it lasted! :smith:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

TheArtist 314 posted:

Eh, bummer. But I don't mind setting up a new group with more long-term aspirations if we can get 3 other people to commit. Only problem is I get charged NY sales tax. Can begin with Crash Commandos.

I'm from NYC myself. I'm down for Crash Commandos. I don't think I'd ever commit to a long term share group though. I can't ever be sure I'm definitely going to want something down the line. I might just pick up CC on my own (what a concept!) instead of assembling/joining a group.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Teraad posted:

It looks like another Buzz question pack (National Geographic: Undersea) is coming out tomorrow. Should we pick it up?

I'm down. I really wish they would come out with an expansion that includes new round types. Hell I don't care if they'd recycle game modes from the PS2 or PSP versions seeing as I haven't ever played those anyway.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Kengi posted:

Okay then.

To my Buzz and LBP Groups
I'm going to close the tabs that are open with you guys after next Tuesday's releases. I don't think Buzz will pull another one next week, but just in case they do, we'll get it. Anything released for LBP will also be gotten.

e: Everything's purchased and I'm out of both accounts, so Buzz group can get its quiz on and LBP can get its Paintinator!

In your previous post you said you were owed for two question packs? I don't think that sounds correct, I know we did one group purchase of a few packs, then I think either the comedy or the horror movie questions came out and we picked that up. Now this. Are you sure we owe you for more than just the question pack that became available today (12/23)?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

mcmaken6 posted:

LBP MGS costume and level pack ahoy! I'll lead the group.

Anyone interested?

Does this make me the third guy for this group? I'm down.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

mcmaken6 posted:

Sweet. 2.94 per person to mcmaken@gmail.com. It might be later today before I buy it, after the Christmas stuff is done.

God bless game sharing, no way I was going to drop 12 bucks on this stuff by myself. Although I do believe that a game like LittleBigPlanet to have it's downloadable stuff bought by as many people. It really is a revolutionary game despite it's drawbacks. It deserves support.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

anjang86 posted:

Thanks man. This DLC is AWESOME. I think when MM saw everybody slapping the hell out of each other, they finally realized the need for some type of weapon. If they keep this up, the possibilities for LBP are endless. No reason to make a sequel.

Lets keep this group together. As long as we all have LBP... we can always team up and buy the new level packs. Are you all down with that?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm down to pick up future LBP packs if they seem worth it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I'm interested in Cuboid and Magic Ball. Any takers?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Rated PG-34 posted:

Anyone in for just Cuboid?

Come on you know you want Magic Ball too. What's the point in a gameshare of a single 10 dollar game anyway?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Rated PG-34 posted:

Well then while we're at, let's throw GTI Club+ in too.

:crossarms:

You really want that game? I dunno man, that demo did nothing for me. Actually, no, it gave me a big headache because the controls and the camera were very loose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Rated PG-34 posted:

It seemed like a fun diversion, and there's some Logitech G25 support, at least more than there is in Burnout Paradise. I don't really want the game, but it's not much if we all share the cost.

To be quite honest I have plenty of fun diversions to the point that I really don't want to spend even a dollar on GTI. Magic Ball and Cuboid seem like fun, imaginative, creative diversions instead of just a rehashed racer. I don't mean to sound like a dick or anything but I really got no enjoyment out of that demo at all.

• Locked thread