Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
So have we determined yet whether or not Siren's shareable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Yodzilla posted:

Yup!

Awesome. Still waiting for two more paypal transfers though :colbert:

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Hey, hey! My Siren/1942 group!
FukFallingDamage
Megasabin
Vegastar
Radnor

Everyone's paid up. I will be getting the games in a couple hours and I'll send you all login info.

Anyone of you interested in maybe going for another 5-man purchase of PJ Eden next thursday?

I also have a quick sharing question. So I'm the main person in this group for Siren/1942. I created a new master account which I'm going to use solely for these two games, so now I have two master accounts: my own, and the Siren-share one. So once the other 4 people get to my account, I've used my 5 slots already. Does that mean I can only share with these 4 people on ALL of my accounts, or will the account activation slot thingys only apply to that one master account?

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Vegastar posted:

I'm excited.

I'm down for Eden next week, for sure. That demo is super addictive once you figure out what the hell you're doing.

Cool. Hey, at worst it doesn't have to be all 5 of us.

Edit: someone answer my question!

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Awesome, thanks for the response guys. I always thought it was just 5 shares per machine, period.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
My group ripped me off for 18 cents!

Alright guys, check your PMs in the next 5 minutes and you'll have the login info and a humble request for Eden if you're up to it.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Vegastar posted:

Good and downloading. Thank you, sir mastermind. You'll hear from me next week for Eden, because I am totally down for that mindfuck of a game.

Awesome! Make sure after you start the downloading that you switch back to another user name so the other 3 can get to the games.

Also nice to see this thread taking off. I didn't think it would; didn't the last one kinda peter out quickly?

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Rothgil posted:

Question for the guys who've shared Siren or other stuff. If at some point you have to delete a game or an episode to free up some space, do you have to get the master account password again or can you download it from the PSN?

You would need to log in to the master account again to re-download whatever you had deleted from it, so you would need the information from whoever has it.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

enojy posted:

just noticed something about siren. if you select the "delete episode" option from the episode selection screen, the following text shows up--

"This action will delete the selected episode (save data will not be deleted). You can re-download the episode any number of times. For details, press (triangle.)"

any number of times, eh? perhaps this means there's no 5-download limit? anyone feeling risky and want to give it a shot?

edit: just read back a few pages and learned more about the sharing system -- apparently the five systems the game sharing account is tied to will permit unlimited downloads for these five people/systems only?

You can re-download the game/episodes as many times as you want, but I'm pretty sure you need to be logged into the account that originally purchased the game.

As a side note, I have 4 shares on my main account and I'm curious to see if anyone has something of interest and would like to share.

I have Everyday Shooter, SSHD and the Solo expansion, PJ Monsters and the expansion, and Castlevania SotN

I'm actually just looking for the co-op SSHD expansion, so anything else is a bonus.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Tenacious Dan posted:

Yep, once it's authorized for your system, you can redownload it on that system as much as you want. (And obviously it can be authorized on 5 systems.) I've seen references to deauthorizing a system, but I'm not sure how that is done. Maybe just by deleting the user account from it?

De-authorizing actually requires you to go into the Account Management section. I just did it for someone else I had a share with, and if I remember right, you go into "Activate Account" and you then click "deactivate account." Or something along those lines.

Deleting the user name isn't enough.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

quote:

FukFallingDamage
Radnor
Megasabin
Vegastar

So are any of you guys in my group up for also going in on Eden, and possibly Bionic Commando when it comes out?

Otherwise I'm just getting them both on my own on my main account :colbert:

Edit: Also, I had a question about SSHD. I have the game and solo pack. Is it possible to use the co-op expansion through a share? Or does everything have to be on the same account?

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Vegastar posted:

Still in for Eden, and probably in for commando, too.

Welp, so far it's just me and you buddy. What stuff do you have on your main account? Maybe we can just do a share between the two of us, instead of doing the whole group.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Vegastar posted:

All I have on my main is Pixeljunk Monsters and Castlevania SotN, all the rest is shared stuff from other people.

No worries; if i can't get ahold of the other people in our group, either you and I can go in on Eden and Bionic Commando, or I'll simply start up another group, because I'm awesome (cheap) like that.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Radnor posted:

I'm good for both!

Awesome, so you and Vegastar are good. I think BC comes out the 14th, so we have some time, but Eden Thursday at LEAST for the 3 of us. We'll work out the $$ stuff tomorrow.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

quote:

FukFallingDamage
Radnor
Megasabin
Vegastar

Cool, so far we have 4/5 people in my old Siren group up for Eden and possibly BC. Paging FukFallingDamage.

Also, can someone PLEASE share the SSHD co-op expansion pack with me? Please? :unsmith: I have PJ Monsters + Expansion, SSHD + Solo Expansion, Castlevania: SotN and Everyday Shooter. It's not much, but I'd love the co-op expansion but i don't have many people to co-op with so it's not worth the purchase to me.

poo poo, I just want that loving trophy, to be honest.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Alright, it looks like I'm searching for someone to join a PJ Eden and Bionic Commando group.

So far I've got:

Myself
Vegastar
Megasabin
Radnor

Anyone interested in being the fifth man?

TheArtist 314 fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 30, 2008

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Gassire posted:

I'm in if it's still available.

Cool, works for me. I think we're going to do Eden first, and BC when it comes out. I'll PM you the paypal info later on.

So my Eden/BC Group consists of:

Me
Vegastar
Megasabin
Radnor
Gassire

Edit: My group, you guys all have PMs waiting for you.

TheArtist 314 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 30, 2008

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

kri kri posted:

I'm in, since my Siren group is being babies and doesn't want to get in on this poo poo.

Sorry man, already have our 5.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Fremry posted:

I have SSHD plus the two expansions with 3 open spots. If anyone wants it, throw me some ideas of what you have.

Edit: Just to name what I already have...

-Fatal Inertia
-Shiki-tei
-Fl0w
-Mortal Kombat II
-Loco Roco

Do you have any more shares open for the SSHD stuff? I have PJ Monsters + Expansion, Everyday Shooter and Castlevania SotN

Oh and some GH3 DLC.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Fremry posted:

I totally do, sending PM now.

Hell yeah, much obliged my friend. You've made a trophy-whore happy.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Shmoogy posted:

It's because that dick spoiled him with his fancy $.11. What's the word on Bionic commando, when is it supposed to come out, two weeks?

I think it's slated for August 14th

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

quote:

Vegastar
Radnor
Gassire
Megasabin

Check your PM Inbox guys, you all have the login info for Eden.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
So I'm curious if there would be any takers for a Ratchet:QfB and The Last Guy group. Could be a long-term group if the members wanted, but doesn't have to be. I'll set up the master account and all that fun stuff.

Otherwise, any willing to share one of those two games with me? I've got All 3 Warhawk expansions, PJ Monters and Encore, SSHD and the solo expansion, a couple GH3 DLC packs, Castlevania SotN and Bionic Commando to share back with you.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Alright, I'm a tremendous idiot and completely forgot I posted about the game shares. Glad to see you guys took over.

So far, we have our group of 5:
Me
Kemian
Eze
Ape Agitater
Denim Demon

We're in for R&C:QfB and The Last Guy. Now are we going to do something with future purchases? Maybe something like Wipeout or Fat princess? For now it's just for the two games, but if we're all on board I'd be cool with making this a more long-term group.

Edit: Denim Demon and Eze, you guys don't have PMing available. Any other way to contact you two about costs and such?

TheArtist 314 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 8, 2008

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Attention my Last Guy/Ratchet group, we are all set. I PM'ed/emailed all of you. Or at least I think I did. Go check and enjoy.

quote:

Kemian
Ape Agitator
Eze
Denim Demon

I also asked you all about a next purchase. Let me know, or else :toughguy:

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Attention my Last Guy/Ratchet group: check your PMs and emails for information regarding our next possible purchases.

Just in case you guys still check this thread.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
No reason not to throw this up a little early. Since Wipeout is next week, I'd like to get a little game share going on.

So far in my group I have:

quote:

Me
Kemiam
Denim Demon

I'm doing the account share, and 2 more slots are open. And if you have a problem giving me an extra 50 cents for my NY sales tax you can just piss off and not join us. So there.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Eh, I get what you guys are saying but I don't have a huge interest, probably wouldn't buy it solo, but I had people who were in for a share, so I figure why not.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Nail Rat posted:

I'm not a fan of game sharing in general(I think it's why XBLA keeps getting a lot more games even though Microsoft keeps cutting developer royalties), but I think it is a little different, as this isn't a little game that cost only $100,000 to make. They had as many people working on this as work on a lot of $60 games, and they're charging only $20 for it. That's a pretty nice deal in what is probably an attempt to rekindle interest in the series...but still a great deal for a game that'll probably be a more fulfilling experience than Motorstorm was at a third of the price.

I completely see your point, and I'm not arguing that anyone saying "don't share" is wrong. But, I wouldn't be getting the game otherwise and I'm sure I'm not alone. Games I really wanted I bought at full price, including the PJM games, Bionic Commando and Warhawk and its 3 expansions. It's not a money issue, I just don't feel my $20 should go towards a game that I'm not sure of, and there happens to be an interest in going in with a few people to get it for less.

I understand what you guys are arguing and I think devs should be supported, but I think we need to agree to disagree. If Sony really wanted to let more profit in, they could've disabled sharing like GT5:P and Warhawk's main game. It's been done before and it could've been done now; it hasn't, and there is at least some interest in a share.

I'll gladly take this to PMs if anyone wants to discuss it outside of the thread. And if you don't like sharing, then simply don't participate in it, but Sony has allowed it as an option, so I see nothing wrong with it.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Still looking for a 5th member for a Wipeout only share group. So far I have:

quote:

Me
Kemiam
Denim Demon
Traxis

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

ChewyLSB posted:

TheArtist 314, you're looking for a 5th for WipEout? I'd be in.

Bummer, no platinum? Yeah if you'd like I need a 5th. Anyway I can contact you outside the site since you don't have PMs?

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

ChewyLSB posted:

Oh drat, sorry. You can AIM me at ChewyLS or MSN at ChewyLS at MSN dot com. You can e-mail me at ChewyLSB at gmail dot com.

Cool, check your email.

As for my other group, you all already paid so expect emails/PMs come Thursday.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
So I'm reading that there's an activation code or something that is downloaded along with Wipeout HD. Looks like it might not be easily shareable, for those involved in Wipeout shares.

Just a heads up, I could be wrong.

Edit: If it turns out Wipeout isn't shareable, I will gladly refund the cash to all the guys in my Wipeout group.

And all you other people can now gloat at the fact that I'm probably paying $20 for a game I wasn't sure on. It better be good.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Vegastar posted:

I could have sworn I read a post in this very thread that it was, but now I can't find it anywhere. Did I mistakenly jump the gun?

Maybe you read my post and misinterpreted it? All I really know is that it's unconfirmed if it's shareable or not. It's gonna be up in a couple hours so it's worth just sitting tight.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Alright, all is said and done for both my current groups. Check your PMs and emails.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Kaleidoscope posted:

I refunded it. Looks like no one else is biting. Think I'm gonna shut it down. If anyone else wants to start a group I'd be happy to join but thanks for the interest anyways.

Aww I missed this, I would've jumped in making it 4. If we can get a 5th, I'd be down.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

magical_ape posted:

I can take it Japii as it seems the rest of the group i listed arent really checking this thread.

Didn't Eze just quote you saying he'd be the 5th guy?

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Interest check. Anyone up for a group including SSF2HD and Soldner X? I'll do the whole account creation thing. It's $25 for both together, something like $6 or 7 each. I'll figure out the exact amount if I can get 4 other people to join

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

ShoogaSlim posted:

Would anyone be interested in a Blast Factor and Soldner X Game Share? It would come out to I think a little under 5 bucks for twenty bucks worth of shooter games that have trophy support.

Let me know.

gently caress my own group. I'll join in on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Double post:

JnK07 posted:

Need 2 more for this share group.

Sure I'd be up for it.

Care to add me as a 4th for Street Fighter? Is that all your group is going in on?

And mongol, check your PMs.

• Locked thread