Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«593 »
Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

OldschoolDOS posted:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd...SuperSKU=&MC=YJ

Cheap waterproof bags, the larger of the two looks perfect for a range bag. Planning on picking up one or both for shooting/books.

Alright, so now that I have these bags, does anybody know how to use the bigger one? it has like 300 snaps, buckles, and latches, and something like 18 miles of webbing and straps. The smaller one is a little more easy to understand, thankfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

not sure if this is exactly a great deal but delton is selling eotech 512s for $355 with coupon code CLB108

ohhhlethal
Dec 4, 2006

doubleGLOCK

Biaxident posted:

preorder it and get it for that price

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

I mentioned this in my box thread, but if anyone in the Bay Area is looking to buy a Kimber go to the Gun Vault in Mountain View. They are doing an order of everything at dealer cost. You have to pay in full and the deadline is tomorrow. I wish I had some money to spare.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007
The Bartender

Viper915 posted:

Alright, so now that I have these bags, does anybody know how to use the bigger one? it has like 300 snaps, buckles, and latches, and something like 18 miles of webbing and straps. The smaller one is a little more easy to understand, thankfully.

How's the overall quality on those? I'm really close to buying a couple, but I can't tell if they're going to be crap or decent.

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Shooting Blanks posted:

How's the overall quality on those? I'm really close to buying a couple, but I can't tell if they're going to be crap or decent.

Quality wise, the ones i got are in fantastic shape, it's basically like they were never used. The smaller one seems fantastic, although it only has one big main pouch, in addition to some web loops, and the larger one has two side pouches, and what seems to be a place to secure a sleeping bag, but for some reason, the large pouch also doesn't have shoulder straps. It seems like it was designed to clip on to some other gear. The smaller bag does have straps and is basically a one-pouch backpack. If i can figure out how to use the big bag, and how to carry it other than the big nylon handles on the top, it will be a great bag.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

http://turners.com/shop/gundetail.php?id=5321

VV The Norwalk turners is the closest one to me too. VV

BaronW fucked around with this message at Oct 11, 2008 around 04:57

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

Holy poo poo, I know someone in Norwalk. I should have him get over to that place and angrily demand to see the $500 Hi-Point.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Use live.com search, eBay and Paypal, get 30% off of eBay auctions. It's not specifically a gun deal, but I found the info on ARFCOM, and I just bought an Aimpoint T1 w/Larue mount for ~$419 (once Paypal reimburses me for the 30% off.)

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Craptacular posted:

Use live.com search, eBay and Paypal, get 30% off of eBay auctions. It's not specifically a gun deal, but I found the info on ARFCOM, and I just bought an Aimpoint T1 w/Larue mount for ~$419 (once Paypal reimburses me for the 30% off.)

loving awesome, you just saved me $200 on a Leupold Mk4 CQ/T. Do you need plat or something?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

kuffs posted:

loving awesome, you just saved me $200 on a Leupold Mk4 CQ/T. Do you need plat or something?
Check your PMs.

LittleBallOfHate
May 20, 2004

Sneaky Russian Defenseman

Craptacular posted:

Eotech 557.AR223 for $490 with $147 rebate. drat you!

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.

LittleBallOfHate posted:

Eotech 557.AR223 for $490 with $147 rebate. drat you!
Impulse buys will be the death of me.

LittleBallOfHate
May 20, 2004

Sneaky Russian Defenseman

GroovinPickle posted:

If the wife ever saw my credit card statements it would probably be the death of me too.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

Seeing animals in pain is fucking HILARIOUS. Can't crop that out, Buddy!

Ah poo poo, and I just bought a memory card for MY CAMERA off eBay last night.

Might have to go paw through the pointy things and milsurp listings now...

EndofGoogle
Nov 22, 2004
page 20 of 100

Craptacular posted:

Hello $140 Minolta Beercan!

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice

Craptacular posted:

Yeah I just saved my self a redding competition seater die, got 9mm, 45acp and 223.

Also picked up some b-day gifts for the wife. If you really want to make some money though, pick up gold for 2grand and then turn around and sell it to a jewelery shop.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

So you're allowed to sell reloading equipment on eBay, just not reloading components? Here I was hoping to get a sweet deal on some pulled SS109 bullets.

Guess I'll just have to buy more camera gear.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

GroovinPickle posted:

Jesus christ...

I need to ignore this thread.

Sig 229: check
Cool mil surp bags: check
Sweet optics: DONT DO IT.

Teh Hats
Jan 31, 2006

You got awesome on my suit.

TCD posted:

I need to ignore this thread.

Same, here. Thanks to this thread, I just got a new stock for my 10/22.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

Craptacular posted:

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get an EOtech.

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - Ted Nugent

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Craptacular posted:

Just bought an EOTech 512 Rev. F for ~$250 with this. YOU ROCK.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

I was just thinking of other things on my wish list right now, and one of them is a bedded, free-float stock for my Remington 700 VLS.

What do y'all think of this?

If I'm doing the math right, that would be just under $200 and $10 shipping. But has anybody ever heard anything about Bell & Carlson's Medalist line before?

Edit: There's only one Midway USA customer review for this particular stock design. Five stars but not a very helpful review. Most B&C stocks are highly rated on Midway USA, but how would it compare to an H-S Precision? I know you get what you pay for, but I'm curious what the actual differences are.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at Oct 13, 2008 around 04:24

ohhhlethal
Dec 4, 2006

doubleGLOCK

Galco Pancake Holster for 5" 1911 for $35!

Schigolch
Apr 30, 2008

Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb, make thee?

Viper915 posted:

Quality wise, the ones i got are in fantastic shape, it's basically like they were never used. The smaller one seems fantastic, although it only has one big main pouch, in addition to some web loops, and the larger one has two side pouches, and what seems to be a place to secure a sleeping bag, but for some reason, the large pouch also doesn't have shoulder straps. It seems like it was designed to clip on to some other gear. The smaller bag does have straps and is basically a one-pouch backpack. If i can figure out how to use the big bag, and how to carry it other than the big nylon handles on the top, it will be a great bag.

Yes, paging the Swedes to this thread to tell us what straps we need to carry the larger rucksack.

Mine were in pretty good shape - the larger bag has discoloration on the outer side but otherwise great, the smaller backpack I got has a shoulder strap that frayed apart along the outer edge at the shoulder and has been stitched back together - but the patch job seems good and I'm quite happy with them.

ohhhlethal
Dec 4, 2006

doubleGLOCK

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/...d_.223_mag.html

C Products 30rd .223/5.56 curved aluminum magazine for AR15/M16 type Rifles. Feature Chrome Silicone, Black Teflon coated Finish, and C-Products orange anti-tilt follower.

reir
Nov 19, 2004

Harbor Freight has electronic ear muffs on sale for 13.99+6.99 shipping on their website. Prices in store are usually different but you can get it for this price if you bring in a printout. I got a set of these for $20 in store and they work great for pistol shooting, I've worn them for a couple hours straight and they remain comfortable. They are a little bulky so I don't think they would be good for rifle shooting though.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ct...temnumber=92851

eSKAObar
Sep 27, 2003
Ask me about our everyday low prices!

Schigolch posted:

Yes, paging the Swedes to this thread to tell us what straps we need to carry the larger rucksack.

All of the straps you'll need are actually on the bag. It's very clever! The setup is hard to describe without a camera, so bear with me here:

The straps with the two large female ends is going to be touching the ruck. The lower of the two female ends will attach with the long male end all the way around from the ruck's largest flap. The upper of the two female ends will attach to the strap with the carabiner(?). On my packs, the male ends and the carabiners were facing backwards so you may have to undo the straps to get them into position. You put your arms through the loops with the carabiners. Tighten up and down as necessary.

Also of note: On the inside you can undo the buttons and remove the inner frame so you can mold it to your back. If you buy some clips you can install them on the long leftover straps to get hip support.
not swedish

VVVVVV
Where do the two small male ends toward the bottom go?
What fits in the net webbing? It's shaped like a dome, perhaps a helmet? A volleyball?

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

reir posted:

Harbor Freight has electronic ear muffs on sale for 13.99+6.99 shipping on their website. Prices in store are usually different but you can get it for this price if you bring in a printout. I got a set of these for $20 in store and they work great for pistol shooting, I've worn them for a couple hours straight and they remain comfortable. They are a little bulky so I don't think they would be good for rifle shooting though.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ct...temnumber=92851

The store in Ft Collins has a signs saying basically "WE DON'T CARE WHAT THE PRICE IN THE CATALOG IS!'

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

New 75rd Romanian AK drum with pouch $124.99
http://www.copesdistributing.net/pr...products_id=475

Used LE turn in Glock 22 15rd mags $12.99
http://www.copesdistributing.net/pr...roducts_id=1123

Same item $12.99 but OUT OF STOCK at CDNN for a while now
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/gl224015lefa1.html

Used LE turn in Glock 23 13rd mags $12.99
http://www.copesdistributing.net/pr...roducts_id=1124

Same item $11.99 but OUT OF STOCK at CDNN for a while now
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/gl234013lefa.html

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Does whoever posted them before have the new catalogs from CDNN/SOG with the dealer prices in them? I like the CDNN catalog, but not when every page is splattered with "CALL"

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

They usually do that when they think that everything is going to have a huge price shift. I know the online PDF catalog is worse, but the print catalog normally doesn't have "call" on as much stuff.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

1980's berdan primed BRASS CASED "308 NATO" at AIM for less than Wolf!
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/...147grn_FMJ.html

$209.95 per 500!

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

B4Ctom1 posted:

1980's berdan primed BRASS CASED "308 NATO" at AIM for less than Wolf!
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/...147grn_FMJ.html

$209.95 per 500!

goddamnit, i can't afford not to buy that

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

NERRRRRRRDS

Unless I'm mistaken, this is a good deal.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=20507

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incredible easy to suck my own dick. Turns out you don't need to remove a rib after all.

Doc Faustus posted:

Does whoever posted them before have the new catalogs from CDNN/SOG with the dealer prices in them? I like the CDNN catalog, but not when every page is splattered with "CALL"

That was me. I don't have a recent CDNN, but I put the latest SOG here.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

Thanks in equal parts to Uncle Caveman and Charles Askins, my taste for a large-bore revolver has been slowly simmering for most of a year. I put a downpayment on a pre-lock S&W 29-3 with a 6-inch barrel. It's in beautiful condition. I am shivering with delight.

At any rate, the shop also had two lightly used 7.62x39 Saigas. One was $250 and the other was $225. I was so tempted but I think two guns in layaway is enough for now. He also had a gorgeous Taurus pump rifle in .45 Colt. That was something I had never considered before but I really like how it handled.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

tupac is alive

Anyone have any idea whether I'll be able to find a better deal on a pistol-grip-and-normal-buttstock 7.62x39 Saiga AK than classicarms? They've got them on sale right now for $475, and the only other place I saw them was Atlantic for I think $550.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

If Gun Parts Corp. runs out of those milsurp bags, Smoky Mountain Knife Works has them for the same price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldschoolDOS
Feb 10, 2006

For your tomorrow, We gave up our today.

I am working on getting those bags to work, the smaller one has yet to make it to me. I have the horizontal one with the hilarious amount of straps. It is made to incorporate a bed roll and a bunch of other stuff in addition to strapping onto a larger backpack. Once I get the smaller pack I will try and put up some pictures of how I think it should set up.

Also I plan on taking it on my rafting trip, the side pockets are not completely waterproof but the middle compartment should be great.

«593 »