Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Besides power cables, the only cables I have at my desk are a vga and 2 stereo cables for a mic and speakers and it's still a mess down there.

Click here for the full 1680x1260 image.

Behind my TV is something else entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

MrMoo posted:

Well, the easy answer is to buy a second brick.

Not when the bricks cost $80, that's for sure.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Mudflap McDirt posted:

Thanks MS Paint, I didn't want a recognizable image.

I should have cleaned up my cables so you guys couldn't tell I was living like poo poo.

Literacy poster on the wall. 10/10.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Doctor Optimal posted:

Literacy poster on the wall. 10/10.

НЕГРАМОТНЫЙ тот-же СЛЕПОЙ
всюду его ждут неудачи и несчастья.
:eng101:

ashleet
Dec 4, 2007
Forgive the mess.

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

MW posted:

For the record, I don't care about cables, but many of the posted photos have visible thick layers of dust on everything. How you can let it progress to that state and not even care when taking a photo is beyond me.

I don't think anyone really invites company over and says "hay wanna watch me use the computer in my room??" So, if the user is the only person using it, and the user doesn't care about cleanliness, what's the point in spending time doing something utterly useless like dusting more than once a year?

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

ColdPie posted:

and the user doesn't care about cleanliness, what's the point in spending time doing something utterly useless like dusting more than once a year?

Being disgusting isn't a valid excuse.

narbsy
Jun 2, 2007

ColdPie posted:

I don't think anyone really invites company over and says "hay wanna watch me use the computer in my room??" So, if the user is the only person using it, and the user doesn't care about cleanliness, what's the point in spending time doing something utterly useless like dusting more than once a year?

In the unlikely event one does indeed secure a visit from a lady friend to visit one's personal Fortress of Solitude, cleanliness helps.

Iblys
Sep 23, 2003

gay for iBag....i mean, disconnect and self-destruct one bullet at a time...

narbsy posted:

In the unlikely event one does indeed secure a visit from a lady friend to visit one's personal Fortress of Solitude, cleanliness helps.

Hahaha I got a good laugh out of that, thanks. :)

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

ashleet posted:

Forgive the mess.

I don't want to be an rear end in a top hat, but I'm curious as to why "tower" on the right is so huge? What's inside it to justify a case that size? Or is it simply my morning-stupid mind inable to process the difference in size between the Dell box and that?

usurper
Oct 19, 2003

Sup

Corbet posted:

This is awesome but what do you do when you need to take your Macbook somewhere? Getting behind the desk for the power brick must be a pain.

Buy more power cables. I have 4. 1 for the home office, 1 for my travel bag, 1 for work, 1 that's buried into the couch. gently caress carrying those things around.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

usurper posted:

Buy more power cables. I have 4. 1 for the home office, 1 for my travel bag, 1 for work, 1 that's buried into the couch. gently caress carrying those things around.

To be more specific, lug the brick around all you like. Just make sure to get extra cords to snap into the brick. It's a lot easier to just snap your brick into the already plugged-in cord than it is to have to unravel something every time you move your computer between the 2-3 desks it has. Sure, it's not as convenient as having multiple bricks, but it won't cost you $80.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Also, the brick accepts standard figure-of-8 power cables that can be had for about £1 each, so there's no need to buy any Apple-specific item. Doesn't look as nice but who cares?

ashleet
Dec 4, 2007

Aunt Beth posted:

I don't want to be an rear end in a top hat, but I'm curious as to why "tower" on the right is so huge? What's inside it to justify a case that size? Or is it simply my morning-stupid mind inable to process the difference in size between the Dell box and that?

To be honest, I didn't realize it would be that big when I purchased it. It's actually quite nice for airflow. Keep in mind that my tower is also lifted from the ground. Nothing in it really justifies the size. It's a "gamer pc" if that means anything.

ashleet fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 12, 2008

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

ashleet posted:

To be honest, I didn't realize it would be that big when I purchased it. It's actually quite nice for airflow. Keep in mind that my tower is also lifted from the ground. Nothing in it really justifies the size. It's a "gamer pc" if that means anything.

HOLY poo poo. I'm pretty sure I have a Dell 2900 server that has a smaller case than that. That's not a gamer pc case, it's a loving Transformer that's going to kill you in your sleep.

ashleet
Dec 4, 2007

skipdogg posted:

HOLY poo poo. I'm pretty sure I have a Dell 2900 server that has a smaller case than that. That's not a gamer pc case, it's a loving Transformer that's going to kill you in your sleep.

Someone else in this thread has the same case. Maybe we can have a full tower-sized robotic army.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

skipdogg posted:

No, no, it has blue lights. It's an Autobot. It won't kill him. Maybe accidentally break stuff, though.

ashleet
Dec 4, 2007

Dr. Video Games posted:

The Battlestation

See!

And his even has a spoiler on the back.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.

I really need to get a new desk chair, using a dining chair is not doing me any favours.

ashleet
Dec 4, 2007

taiyoko posted:

No, no, it has blue lights. It's an Autobot. It won't kill him. Maybe accidentally break stuff, though.

It actually has pink, blue and green lights. Shows how much you know. :rolleyes:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I also have a MacBook Pro I prop up there and a second monitor (17in) sitting where the phone/HDD used to be (now on PC)

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

ColdPie posted:

:goonsay:

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

ashleet posted:

It actually has pink, blue and green lights. Shows how much you know. :rolleyes:

You have a gay conflicted transformer. You're screwed.

ErikTheRed
Mar 12, 2007

My name is Deckard Cain and I've come on out to greet ya, so sit your ass and listen or I'm gonna have to beat ya.
I used to have one of the older CoolerMaster Stackers (different than the ones in the thread). It was huge, but all the components ran very cool on air (as opposed to running somewhat hot like they do in my newer, more normal sized case). It was a dream to work in, but I took it to a few LAN parties and it was a loving pain in the rear end. Casters helped a little bit, but I still had to carry it up stairs. I actually rode the thing down the sidewalk one time when I had the casters and amazingly, I didn't manage to break anything.

Never again will I own a case that huge though, it's just too much of a pain when you have to move it.

ashleet
Dec 4, 2007

Ashex posted:

You have a gay conflicted transformer. You're screwed.

I have a modular psu that has lights when things are plugged into it. I also - for whatever reason - have two pink/purple UV lights. The blue is the front fan and all the indicator lights.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Just cleaned:

Click here for the full 1081x960 image.

Messy cables behind:

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

nail
Jul 15, 2005

I want to get a full tower and make two computers inside it :v:

Mudflap McDirt posted:

НЕГРАМОТНЫЙ тот-же СЛЕПОЙ
всюду его ждут неудачи и несчастья.
:eng101:
:rus101:

nail fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 12, 2008

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ashleet posted:

Forgive the mess.

American Gods is incredible.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
What's with you guys labeling every little thing on your desk?

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Bucket Joneses posted:

What's with you guys labeling every little thing on your desk?

See the OP

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Ashex posted:

See the OP

Yeah I see it. I guess if it's supposed to be mocking the OP or something it doesn't really strike me as all that funny six pages later.

But you know goons. :regd08:

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 12, 2008

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Bucket Joneses posted:

Yeah I see it. I guess if it's supposed to be mocking the OP or something it doesn't really strike me as all that funny six pages later.

Goons don't understand the concept of joke longetivity.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Well the idea was for people to label poo poo where you couldn't figure out what it was from the photo, but yeah, mock the OP. :downs:

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

c0burn posted:

Well the idea was for people to label poo poo where you couldn't figure out what it was from the photo, but yeah, mock the OP. :downs:

While it was a good idea, I believe it was that you labeled a router, modem, wii, and monitor, which sorta started it all.

Jan 18, 2006

by Fragmaster
I guess since I took these for the purpose of bragging I might as well continue bragging.

I don't think I'm going to get around the fact that I'll need a receiver to get proper surround without cumbersome switching or software rerouting. This was supposed to be a desktop PC primarily, but it's mutating into more and more of a home theater.

Forget the other poo poo, I got arguably the most baller headphones on the planet and that's all that really matters.

Edit: I guess I better upload some labels.

3363 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 12, 2008

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Digital War posted:

I really need to get a new desk chair, using a dining chair is not doing me any favours.

Be a nice guy and use a coaster.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Bob Morales posted:

Be a nice guy and use a coaster.

Don't want any rings on your genuine ikea furniture.

*has a coaster on his ikea desk*

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

Victor Nightingale fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 26, 2012

Iblys
Sep 23, 2003

gay for iBag....i mean, disconnect and self-destruct one bullet at a time...

3363 posted:

I guess since I took these for the purpose of bragging I might as well continue bragging.

I don't think I'm going to get around the fact that I'll need a receiver to get proper surround without cumbersome switching or software rerouting. This was supposed to be a desktop PC primarily, but it's mutating into more and more of a home theater.

Forget the other poo poo, I got arguably the most baller headphones on the planet and that's all that really matters.

Edit: I guess I better upload some labels.

This looks pretty but I can't imagine that looking at that projection screen whilst sitting at the desk is anything other than awful for both your neck and eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

This is after I cleaned up :smith:

A Pinball Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 13, 2008