Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
Here's my desk. I attempted to clean it up, but it's an uphill battle. You can't really tell, but the usb cables on the side of the monitor are plugged into a usb hub I velcroed to the side of it. It falls down occasionally, but I just stip it back up there.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

drat you people and your fancy cabling. I'm cleaning mine up and tightening up the cable mess!

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Is that a screw bolt holding the door on the P182 shut?

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

ashleet posted:

It actually has pink, blue and green lights. Shows how much you know. :rolleyes:

You have a gay conflicted transformer. You're screwed.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Bucket Joneses posted:

What's with you guys labeling every little thing on your desk?

See the OP

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Bucket Joneses posted:

Yeah I see it. I guess if it's supposed to be mocking the OP or something it doesn't really strike me as all that funny six pages later.

Goons don't understand the concept of joke longetivity.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

c0burn posted:

Well the idea was for people to label poo poo where you couldn't figure out what it was from the photo, but yeah, mock the OP. :downs:

While it was a good idea, I believe it was that you labeled a router, modem, wii, and monitor, which sorta started it all.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

I'm really digging the bookshelf speakers some of you guys have. Do you have to plug them into a receiver or can you do direct plugin?

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

warwick5s posted:

Mine are an older version of these, and they're self powered.

Thanks for the link. I was already considering bookshelf speakers for my tv since I'm in a studio, I'm definitely going to read up on these.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

I got a new desk last week!

This is how it is when I'm actually doing stuff, I prefer ambient to full-lighting.

Ashex fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 27, 2008

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Bonobos posted:

Cool Desk. Where can I pick one up?

It's an IKEA desk. I believe the one I have is discontinued, they have one that's almost identical, just without drawers. It's called the Mikael

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

strwrsxprt posted:

You have no idea what you're missing out on.

Oh! Oh! I know! Piece #5 keeps it from falling over!

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

pik_d posted:

But you can do that with four, see:

Where is this vital 5th piece of wood being placed?

Yeah, that's actually the desk I have so I really shouldn't be talking.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Not all desks have 4 legs.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

I found this pics so I figured I'd post them as an example of living like poo poo.
I really wish I had taken a picture of when I had a 24" CRT on this desk, I had to use a tripod in the middle to support the desk.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

mutata posted:

It's far from a work bench, and I'd personally be wary of standing on it, but I've had it for a few years now and there's just minor wear and tear.

I've even disassembled and reassembled it a couple times.

I regularly climb on top of mine to reach a cubby behind it. It's pretty sturdy (then again, I weight like 130lbs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

I think in order to post it in this thread, he would have to make it into his desk, or perhaps instead his chair, which would just be awesome.

Laptop and a seat cushion!