Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
The computer is a barebones with a cheap case. Nothing fancy, but I like it. The desk came from Big Lots, and it was exactly what I wanted, too.

The computer is also the center of attention in my living area.

Ema Nymton fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

Ema Nymton posted:

The computer is a barebones with a cheap case. Nothing fancy, but I like it. The desk came from Big Lots, and it was exactly what I wanted, too.

since then, I've added my old Dell.

Bigger with Labels here! (1177x945)

And I don't really care much about the wires. I move things around often enough that I don't want grabbing one to mean grabbing all of them. They need to be freeeeee

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

devmd01 posted:

I love the arm rest. There should be a law saying that all computer desks should have them.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

"Black Bo[X posted:

"]
This thread has inspired me to finally clean up my desk.

Before:

After:

...where did it all go? :confused:

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

Ema Nymton posted:

My old TV broke, so I got a 32-in. Samsung LN32A330, which is also a new monitor. I'll get a longer cable for it soon. And it matches my Samsung monitor too.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

renraku posted:

Ema Nymton posted:

A rolling chair on that floor would loving drive me nuts.
You'd think so, but the linoleum has a lot of texture and the chair doesn't slide until I push on it intently.

Thirteenth Step posted:

I was just about to say the same thing, kind of.

I HAD a rolling chair upstairs on a wooden floor and not oly was it constantly rolling all over the place but the noise you could hear downstairs from all that rolling about was horrific.
I try not to move it too much as not to bother the neighbors, but I don't know how bad it might really be :(

Ema Nymton fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 24, 2009

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

Zuffox posted:

Why don't you get one of those plastic mats?
On linoleum? Not really necessary.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord
I don't know what it is about that image, but I set it as my wallpaper a soon as I saw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

Ema Nymton posted:

Ema Nymton posted:

My old TV broke, so I got a 32-in. Samsung LN32A330, which is also a new monitor. I'll get a longer cable for it soon. And it matches my Samsung monitor too.

I found out a few weeks ago that the subwoofer on my computer's speakers still worked even when I had headphones on. I gave them away the next day. So I moved the old stereo receiver and its huge Bose speakers I got from my brother to the computer and moved the shelves to the other wall. They sound good even if they are old.
But I'm still living like poo poo.