Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Mr. Apollo posted:

The Genius at the Apple store I went to said it would work with XP but not with Vista.

The apple wireless keyboards work great in vista and xp. You just need to get a copy of the apple bootcamp software from leopard to make the volume buttons work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

JerseyMonkey posted:

That picture just looks fake with the weird lightning. =P

its 3 exposures

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

replaced my old 20" imac

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Hypnolobster posted:

How the hell do you people stand having your chair that far below the desk, particularly on a desk that goddamned shallow?

if im sitting up straight my face points directly at the top half of the screen. if i lean back i can tilt the monitor down

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

hydrixel posted:

I'm in love with those Eames aluminum group chairs, great choice. I have a management chair at work with the soft-pad high back in black leather. If I wasn't working 10 hour days as of late, I'd take it home with me...

i dont think ive ever sat in one of the soft pads, they look soft

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

MMD3 posted:

We're about to move into a new house in a few months here and my S.O. really wants me to find a computer desk that hides my cables and is really clean. Ideally she'd like me to just go get an iMac but I'm a PC guy through and through so I refuse.

Are there any decent PC desk companies out there that make clean modern desks that take cable management into consideration? Everything I'm finding has sample photos of just iMac's with no visible speakers and wireless keyboard & mouse. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of going that minimal.

This is the best PC desk "system" I've been able to find so far but I don't think their keyboard drawer will fit my G15. http://www.smartfurniture.com/bdi/bdioffice.html

Has anyone seen any better drool-worthy PC desks?

Please don't get a new iMac. They are loving glued shut.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Serious answer: have you considered maybe trying to downsize your rig? There are great looking Mini-ITX and Micro-ITX cases that can handle *serious gaming setups* and take up a fraction of the space of a full size tower.

Yep. This is my Silverstone SG05 with a GTX760 and an i5-3570.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

benisntfunny posted:

Hurray for a new desk.

This same desk is at a local open box store for $260. Is it worth it?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

benisntfunny posted:

Renate desk? gently caress. I paid $525.

It's very sturdy and feels solid. If it matches your style then yes I would go buy it.

Yep that's the one. Been eyeballing it a few weeks now. Its a store that buys up open items from amazon and overstock and places.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Monolith. posted:

Nothing too special. Cheap desk (free, actually), old laptop, a not pictured but free chair that my next door neighbor was getting rid of, and a mysterious wire at the top.

That monitor totally doesn't look like its going to fall off.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

You can play world of warcraft on a G4 ibook.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

RhoA posted:

Well I always think minimal is best, especially so when it comes to fans. I tried a similar setup with my case but I wasn't happy with the temperatures, so I ended up knocking out the grills and using a dremel to smooth out the rough edges. Airflow got better and it actually got a bit quieter, but I wanted a bit less noise so I bought some Noctua fans to help with that.

Make sure you spend the extra on noctua PWM fans. They can run as low as 200-300rpm

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Big desk so i can have poo poo everywhere

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Zorilla posted:

Yeah, I see a Steelcase Leap with green upholstery in your future

The embody also comes in green

http://www.officedesigns.com/herman...TMXMRoCHdDw_wcB

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Lt. Jebus posted:

New arrangement for the Nerd Cave:

Still not crazy happy about the setup (I'm looking for a new desk and chair), but it will do for now.

Whats with the right channel speaker being completely misplaced compared to the other two?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Lt. Jebus posted:

Corsair Vengeance K70. Fully mechanical, I really like it.

K70 RGB just went up for preorder, fyi

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Potato Quality but finally have the room to hang the pc on the other side of the table leg

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Knifegrab posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for cable management running along the backside of a desk lip that is about 1" thick?

You can get velcro ties with a screw hole in them.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Ikea big table club?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Coredump posted:

How much weight can that hp zr22w support? I wonder if it can handle the 32" HP Envy. Hmmmm.

It was incredibly stable with my qnix 2710 which was the main reason i got it. The factory stand was very wobbly.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Why not just wall mount?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Customer gave me a $400 monitor arm they were getting rid of. this thing is incredible.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

concise posted:

Nice, what monitor is that?

Samsung 34" SE790C. One of or the only va 34" ultra wide.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Uxzuigal posted:

My throne.. (wife actualy lets me have this in the living room!) Got Dali Opticon 8's (speakers) for christmas from wife (no, she is not for sale, and she cannot be cloned), waiting for a NAD C275 to add in bridge mode with the NAD C375 Integrated amp here...

Room size: 25m2/270square feet.. Glass table being replaced next week, acoustic bass traps incoming. Listening position about 3m from speakers.

Edit: Added some room info. Picture is poo poo. Will post a new one when I get new table and acoustics stuff up.

Those speakers should be on top of the desk for the best imaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

New case and new setup. Customer gave me a monitor arm. So nice being able to move this all over the place. Build in monitor speakers are surprisingly good.