Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
I've just had a major reshuffle of all my PC and related stuff, as the messy cabling was really starting to annoy me. As it turns out, it's only slightly more tidy now than it was previously. I need a cable management solution. :(

Post pictures of your set up, with labels, so we know what we're looking at!

This is not an e-penis thread, so don't start telling us about your PC specs unless you have multiple PC's and need to explain their purpose.

Mods, if you want this in PYF or something please let me know, but I think the kind of response I'm after would be better here.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Excuse the phone pic quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Bucket Joneses posted:

You are a cabling god.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Caged posted:

My cables are (kinda) hidden, but it't not neat.

Click here for the full 1136x852 image.

IP phone?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Corbet posted:

This is awesome but what do you do when you need to take your Macbook somewhere? Getting behind the desk for the power brick must be a pain.

You think these people take their Macbooks out of the house?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Well the idea was for people to label poo poo where you couldn't figure out what it was from the photo, but yeah, mock the OP. :downs:

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
So many Macs. It's horrifying. I think goons make up Apples marketshare all on their own. :3:

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Phillyt posted:

I use a PC but why is it horrifying? It's up to people what computer they want to use and Mac's do look better for screenshot threads like this.

I'm just teasing. They are pretty.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Bucket Joneses posted:

I got a cart for my computers and now my desk looks pretty sleek.

http://www.iamserio.us/files/desk3

That cart is sweet. I think I'm going to go that route.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
http://www.iamserio.us/files/desk3/IMG_2336.JPG

Ok, where can I buy a cart like that in the UK? I have looked in the usual places online (Ikea, Wickes, Homebase and B&Q) and can't seem to find anything like it.

Any ideas?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

ironsights42 posted:

wow you guys have clean desks.

My computer is the little white box you see there. For some reason my parents decided to buy me a Mac Mini instead of a normal PC. It's alright, but I generally dislike Apple products -_-. Hopefully I can get a PC soon, just need to acquire the budget.

Good god man. Fix your desktop Icon transparency!

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Unexpected EOF posted:

Not pictured, the bowl of ice cream I moved to make me look less goony.

(my hosting)

:goonsay:

I'm sorry

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Atari ST's are the god of MIDI.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
What the gently caress is an ATCS S410?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Wompa164 posted:

I think he meant to say ATC-410, calm down aspie.

I wouldn't have known what an ATC-410 was, either. And I missed your first post.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Trapdoor posted:

There are people that don't use Total Commander? gently caress, I even bought it.

I prefer xplorer2

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
OP checking in to say you're all still living like poo poo

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
For all the stick some of the dumb hardware e-penis forums get, that is really cool.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Nice can.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
These old screenshots are really fun. It also makes me realise how much crappy software we all used to use. I think my installed stuff these days is generally of much higher quality and I'm less willing to install dodgy crap. Although I'm sure people still have Norton and all sorts of other rubbish installed.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Mofabio posted:

Not mine but my buddy's, we were both running GeoShell, rainmeter, winamp and probably listening to the same stuff so this is as close as I get. Lovin the 2000s teenager music and grayscale teenager photography, the 4:3 rez, and high school teen reading assignment. Teens!

God, I remember being obsessed with shell replacemwents like GeoShell and LiteStep for a couple of years. BBlean as well. They were all universally buggy and poo poo, but fun to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
It is crazy to me that this thread I created is approaching drinking age.

I am glad the OP is missing the image, I bet it was embarasssing.

These days one of my two desks is dedicated to retro stuff.