Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

headlight
Nov 4, 2003

Yes I use an EEE as my main and only machine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headlight
Nov 4, 2003

MrMoo posted:

Wow, that's quite a tempting setup. You're limited by analogue VGA on the monitor size, but how's the performance, and does the case feel like it's melting with the lid closed?

Performance is fine - does everything I need to do, e.g. web browse (with lots of tabs open), word process, watch youtube and downloaded videos all at the same time!. I upgraded to 2GB ram and its a 901 Atom model. Temp is no problem either, fan goes on a bit more than normal I guess but its very quiet compared to my last laptop.

Considering I went from a £2000 VAIO TZ to this its been better than I could have hoped.

Here is another picture with even less character, I tidied and upgraded to a wireless keyboard.

headlight
Nov 4, 2003

C.f. top of page 2 of this thread, just over 3 years later not much has changed, but I did get a new mouse :)

headlight
Nov 4, 2003

My desk.

headlight
Nov 4, 2003

Glow-in-the-dark stickers.