Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!

Nicholas posted:

I would so do this if it didn't totally gently caress up cleartype. It's too bad they don't make monitors with the pixel's orientation rotated by 90 degrees. If you wanted to use the monitor in landscape mode for gaming or watching movies, the sub pixel orientation wouldnt affect the image quality.

my desk:

Hey I have that KB!

Click here for the full 1280x853 image.

Left to right:
Phone, , sat nav, card reader, 24" H-IPS Monitor, keyboard, headphone stand, usb cable (!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Philip J Fry posted:

gently caress yeah. :hfive:

Messy pic after just having moved all my poo poo upstairs, pre-cable-tidying and minus the 360.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Got some Kef IQ1 today!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Kef indeed =]

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

They come with the mini JVC hifi system you see on the left :p

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

The Kef is gone! enter Mordaunt Short 914 series \m/

Click here for the full 1280x610 image.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

I had the C320BEE and recently side-graded to the C325BEE.

The differences are audible I'd say, the bass is tighter (confirmed with headphones) and each source select is relay controlled as well as the power switch being a soft on/ff switch now instead of a mechanical one!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

The Rotel was nice but the headphone out quality was nowhere as good as the NAD C320 was (the C325 is even better still) and I actually got more for the Rotel than what I paid for it so just thought what the hell and went for the NAD!

Didn't really consider any other MS but was set on buying the 906i but as they were out of stock I got the newer 914i.

The Bass kicked out of these is very tight but very audible. It's never boomy and the treble detail is pretty sublime. It's llike I'm wearing my headphones (Senn HD555) and they have a great sense of space with their wide sound stage especially in movies that contain street scenes you can hear traffic moving around you even though it's stereo. It's pretty cool. Much better than the Kef!

I have a Xonar D2x soundcard btw, I use analogue out to benefit from the excellent burr brown DAC on the card connected by a cambridge audio java interconnect.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Ah yes bi wiring or multiroom would have been handy but you can't really complain though especially for the sound it gives out!

How much are headphone amps? never really looked into them as I have been pretty pleased with the NAD output!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

That looks pretty drat expensive and good!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Looking good! The Logitech S510 is a slick looking keyboard by the way!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

kalleboo posted:

Commented on FlickR!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

I had to replace my speakers because a nephew decided to dent my driver cones (WTF MAN)

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Just got a Samsung NC10 netbook today with 2GB ram, installed Windows 7 on it, spent all day customising it and getting it fast & stable and then removed the watermarks on desktop - now a fully functional and fast OS :D

I've been playing 720P videos on it, streaming over wireless, downloading stuff, editing in Photoshop CS4, multitasking and it handles them all fine.

Win7 is going to be kick rear end seriously.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

I've had Vista since it came out (32bit) then recently moved to 64bit, not a single problem on either :)

I'm liking 7 though, seems very nice and it's fast on a netbook so lord knows how fast it will be on my 8GB quad core pc :D

Battery life on 7 is good on the netbook, I'm stretching 6-7 hours of usage.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

New mount \m/

Ergotron MX

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

InsanityPrawnBoy posted:

What's the drobo like? Is it worth the money?

You should do dude!

People always comment on the monitor when I have friends and stuff round and now they will comment on it even more with the mount :D

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

I picked up a Dell 13z not long ago, amazing stuff:

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

concise posted:

This is extremely elegant. What are you using to mount your monitor?

The monitor is plugged into the PC of course not the laptop but I suppose I could have it connected via HDMI although it would be pointless as I only use the laptop on the move or as a digital TV centre when on the desk :p

The stand is an Ergotron MX!

Crush posted:

What's that thing to the left of the computer?

Factor Mystic posted:

This is the data storage unit for a old people. Not as clumsy or random as a 5.25". An elegant data storage unit, for a more mechanical age. For over a thousand months, AOL was a guardian of connectivity and chatting in the POTS internet days. Before the good times. Before CDs.

^ This!

1.44MB of extreme storage man!

It's actually a tea coaster these days :p

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

I watched a lot of shows that day, I think it may have been Medium, currently watching at Season 3 with all episodes up to date.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Dinovo for notebooks, not the Edge.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

It is really good :)

I just wish keyboard keys were wear proof as plastic keys on all keyboards become shiny over time and don't look as nice!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Baggins posted:

Once, just ONCE I'd like to see your desk being even remotely unclean. You're making the rest of us look bad, man!

Long time no see, btw.

If my nephew or niece are ever round then my desk is unclean but apart from that NEVARRR! :D

Thanks for the WB by the way :D

quote:

I want the Razor Mamba so bad, I just can't come to terms spending $160 on a mouse though.

I had the Mamba and while it was nice to hold/use it had glaring bugs in the software/firmware and I don't think Razor fixed those yet?

Stuff like custom button mappings and everything not being saved by the mouse as it sends every customisation to the mouse so it can be used on different computers etc and also it took ages to send a customisation over to the mouse as well as the Razor software crashing randomly.

It felt like a great product ruined by Alpha software/firmware !

mrk fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 30, 2009

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Are you on Vista or Win7 64bit perchance?

My issues were on Vista64 !

It's possible they may have fixed the issues in later firmware updates though. My experience was around the start of the year.

£120 on a mouse, that was pushing it by my own standards lol.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Bah, welcome back :p

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

My 13z is my lapdesk :p

I have everything on it that i do on my desktop to see me through the day, well everything except STEAM as I can't stand to lower ingame settings :p

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Oh cool, what is the white light behind the screen? just an LED light or something?

I'm tempted to get a USB light set to stick to the back of my screen as it helps in ambience and reduces eye strain when working in the dark!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Are mobile desktops allowed because I've now almost completed my mobile desktop!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Now added with a free 2nd screen!

Especially handy for putting 24/7 running apps on (winamp/taskmanager etc) and handy tool for seeing how much ram/cpu games use while I'm playing.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Ta!

Saukkis posted:

While you're doing that you should keep an eye on how much CPU the task manager is using while doing the monitoring.

It uses none :)

You do realise that the Windows monitoring services run in the background anyway so loading the frontend has no impact on CPU time at all.

Things like event monitor, resource and performance monitor, background services etc are all running constantly anyway and the taskmanager doesn't even register under the running processes for even 1% CPU time.

Yes taskmgr.exe will use 16MB of RAM but hey, I have 8GB of RAM....

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

The Windows 7 and Vista UI is drawn via DWM on your GPU, not CPU.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Rather a big alarm clock there ¬_¬

New keyboard set up today, Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Powered. Absolutely excellent!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

It has done me well indeed!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

chimz posted:

Goddamn, I wish there was a way to mount Ergotron arms to a glass-top Galant. Mine's full of monitors, and I have barely any space left for my keyboard and mouse.

How thick is your desk? You can mount the MX 2 ways, through the desk or via the clamp on the edge, you could place a rubber strip on the bottom clamp so it does not scratch the glass I reckon :)
The top side that sits on the desk has rubber feet to stop it scratching and slipping anyway.

tehk posted:

Does the MX default to 100x100mm or 75x75mm with an included 100mm adapter? I am wondering because I have a 75x75mm equipped display I want to mount on the third arm until apple decides to send me the refurbished cinema display I ordered 11 days ago.
drat, 3!!!

Comes with both 75 and 100 on the one backplate :)

Here's the arm without monitor: http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/pc_ergotron_unboxed.jpg

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

It is a great wall yep! Here's the link:

http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/canonae1.jpg

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Footboy posted:

Hehehe!

Moey posted:

Do you get alot of natural light in your room (does it charge from any light)? How do you like it so far?

Actually I don't lol! But saying that, my monitor is big so gives off some light directly above the keyboard and ambient light when I'm hardcoring it in games or whatever is 20~ lux. The keyboard charges off any light source, obviously the stronger the better (150 lux for the best charging). I have had it since Monday and the battery reserve is still 100% and i have used it pretty much up to 2am each night since then.

The K750 will run for 3 months in complete darkness by the way.

I have written a little review on Neowin if you're interested, plus with more pics:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/967310-logitech-k750-wireless-solar-keyboard/page__p__593578886#entry593578886

I said come in! posted:

I wanna masturbate ontop of your keyboard. Where did you buy it? I'm not seeing it on Amazon.

edit: Duh, always helps to just go directly to the source: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/k750-keyboard?wt.mc_id=global_pr-k750_redirect_112010 Not that much for what looks like a sexy keyboard.

What has been seen...

It works out even cheaper if you have an old Logitech device that you can trade in as they give you a 20% off voucher code. Well worth it, the KB feels solid!

KingEup posted:

Oh god must have.

You know what to do man :p

mrk fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 12, 2011

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

It's actually a Netgear router stand that I kept from an old router!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Looking very nice! The silver of the MX matches the Cinema displays nicely.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Yes: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/349/7016?WT.ac=ps|7041

The charging works in any ambient light and charges while on or off or in use. I've been using mine since Monday and have gamed each night with it and used it up to around 2am. Battery meter still reads 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Very thin yup, it's thinner than my HTC Desire but the Apple keyboard is a bit thinner although there isn't much in it I guess.

The K50 is heavier though and looks the part whereas the Apple looks out of place on any desk that doesn't have other Apple devices too.