Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I hope you have a better chair now as well, for your back's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

My cables are (kinda) hidden, but it's not neat.

Click here for the full 1136x852 image.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 5, 2008

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah, not a very good one though. I need to change it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Juriko posted:

My desk is very, very special and I love it. Also, milk crates.
Is that something Space2 made before they went under?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get a loving duster

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Just plug your speakers into this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829118107

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Also, the brick accepts standard figure-of-8 power cables that can be had for about £1 each, so there's no need to buy any Apple-specific item. Doesn't look as nice but who cares?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

So basically no good reason? Throw/give/sell some poo poo away. Do you really need that many monitors?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

warwick5s posted:

I'm surprised how everyone here just throws their keyboard on the desk. That's bad for you!
How does it make a difference what the keyboard is on? Unless you mean height wise, in which case my chair is high enough so that my keyboard is at the right height (hence the 3rd party Ergotron base on my monitor).

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Alpine Mustache posted:

A Triangular desk would only need 4 pieces.

Depends what sort of design you're aiming for, this sort of thing only needs 4 pieces of wood.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

pik_d posted:

dorm room
Your network comes out of a locked box?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

No idea, what do the other two wires do?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A desk can never be too big (within reason).

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I keep boxes for expensive stuff in my loft in case I need to move it around, but that's only because I have room to keep them.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Inverse Icarus posted:

7970 or bust.

-GE or bust. None of that 100Mbps poo poo here please!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

VanguardTruth posted:

Once I find a way to make the smaller port on the macbook fit the larger cable coming from the soundcard, I'll space the speakers out.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10301&cs_id=1030105&p_id=331&seq=1&format=2

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You could always look on the Dell website for the dimensions and get a tape measure out?

Edit: Just saw that you're getting a second one. In which case it's easy to find out. Does the current one use more than half your desk? If yes, then two won't fit.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Beska posted:

Why do goons instantly jump to a liquid being a bodily fluid?

Experience

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If your wall is plasterboard just drill a hole behind the TV and another one lower down and cover them with brush plates or something.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

All I can suggest is something like this then:

http://www.btechshop.co.uk/products/AV_ACCESSORIES/CABLE_MANAGERS/BT7070-100_Silver.html

Covers the wires and is a niceish looking brushed metal thing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

EnergizerFellow posted:

Even those Antecs are kind of lovely, sorry. What you're looking for in mATX is the Supermicro SC731. The quality in design and construction you'd expect form a well-known server company who decided to make a mATX workstation case.
While that does look perfect for my needs, it's £100, which is about double what I would want to pay. Maybe one day I'll find one cheap :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I can't believe someone put an outlet on the brick part of the wall and then ran conduit right across the middle of it when there's a white wall a couple of feet away.

:negative: