Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

Victor Nightingale fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

Victor Nightingale fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 26, 2012

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

Victor Nightingale fucked around with this message at 08:55 on May 26, 2012

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

Victor Nightingale fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 26, 2012

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

Juriko posted:

This. My friends mother is now experiencing some rather bad back problems that her doctor blames on her office ergonomics. There are other factors (weight and age), but the fact is she had no problems before the job, and it is been an issue she brought up since year one. It is most likely going to be considered a work related injury now which is an L&I issue. The entire thing is a mess all because they would not provide something better than an old 40 dollar office chair. The result will cost both her and the business more than the price of an office chair.

To put it into perspective: If a person worked at an office for 40 hours a week for two years an 800 dollar chair would cost them less than twenty cents per billed hour. After that it would be paid off and have a long warrantee to boot. A large office would not even be paying the full retail of an aeron.

On a lighter note my roommate just purchased an Embody, and I can't wait. We played with the thing for a good hour at the store, and it is awesome.

Everybody at my office has an Aeron and within the first two weeks after somebody starts we have an ergonomics consultant come by, talk to them about the work they do (most of us are just coders spending the whole day typing in terminals) and where they have pain or discomfort. The consultant then orders any ergonomic hardware needed for the person; all costs are paid by the company with no questions asked.

It's really appreciated. I don't have that many problems but I know that having somebody looking out for me will meant that I can keep doing this job pain-free instead of getting carpal tunnel/RSI by the age of 30 and being completely worthless at my career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

Victor Nightingale fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 26, 2012