Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show
Some times I wish for a nice pair of LCDs so I would have actual desk space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show
My apartment came with a no-name, no-frills desk that's actually a very nice size and shape for my needs, and it's sturdy enough to hold my displays.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

The one thing I would really like is some cable management that's not my roll of velcro. It's a bit of a mess.

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show

kimcicle posted:

What kind of monitor arm are you using?

It's an Ergotron LX Dual. My 24" displays are the upper limit of what it can hold.

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show

The Third Man posted:

I've been meaning to find out, can you buy the arms for that series of desk mounts separately? I've got the base Ergotron LX with a single display, and I've been thinking about getting a second 22" and was wondering if I could just buy another arm and stick it on that.

I didn't see it for sale after a quick check of their site. Maybe you could give them a call.

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show
I think my attempt at cable management turned out fairly well.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show

Keebler posted:

Wow, I like that desk. Were did you get it from?

I have that same desk and chair in my university apartment, and I like the desk a lot.

The sticker on the bottom of mine is from University Loft Co. Maybe you can find it in their online store.

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show
I just moved into an unfurnished apartment and picked up a corner desk at a consignment shop. Right now I'm still trying to find a good configuration for my equipment. I want to try and keep my tower off the floor (dust), but I also really hate having my speakers like this. They need to be elevated a bit, and I want them to be further back:

I also need to get a drill so I can install my cable management rack without splitting the wood.

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show
One of them is homebrew-enabled. The other is for playing online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show

Chopper posted:

Or for system link when you have frien... never mind. ;)

Actually we do that pretty often. :3: The only hard part is getting sound out of both at the same time.

Zorilla posted:

Homebrew on Xbox 360? Either you suck at lying or I'm missing something really cool

The Wii homebrew thread in Games is kosher, I guess a link couldn't hurt.

Only Shallow fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 1, 2010