Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Click here for the full 1280x1707 image.

custom computer desk my dad and I built over 6 years ago before I went to college.
free* dual 1 Ghz G4
2.8 PIV Linux server peeking out from the shelf above the mac
2.8 PIV Windows machine on the left for games/tv
scanner up top
printer behind the second monitor on the left
a tasty beer on the desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Ema Nymton posted:

I love the arm rest. There should be a law saying that all computer desks should have them.

Thanks! I wanted that in there so i'd have full support of my arm while using it...the keyboard platform also folds down but I never do that unless moving. The keyboard/mouse platform is also at just the right height for a normal office chair...gently caress RSI, I don't have any. :)

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Need a new keyboard, cables are a horrible mess, and I need to move some furniture so I can get the case outside of the feet area, but so far I'm happy with my Vista desktop setup.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
There are upsides and downsides to layoffs. The downside is that I had to move into a cube by the boss, whereas before I was up in the front of the complex and could duck out at 2 PM.

The upside is that I still have a job, and there is lots of extra equipment lying around...finally got a new laptop, blackberry curve, and two new desktops with dual monitors each which I linked with synergy2.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

InferiorWang posted:

Check your god drat voicemail!

VOIP or bust.

That voicemail light has been on there for at least a year, before I stopped being a scrub and started having my desk phone forward to my blackberry after 3 rings.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Another goon busted my balls about it earlier today, so I installed electric sheep on both systems. Grabbing a 2 gb starter pack right now since apparently the firewall at work hates everything I want to do on the network (SSH to home :argh:). drat SOX compliance.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Baba The Ox posted:

SOX compliance? NEC monitors? HP hardware? Generic cube? I bet we work for the same company.

Not to mention the Cisco phones.

If the primary color is red and there are currently gigantic piles of snow in the middle of the parking lot, then yeah we probably do!

That's better...makes me want to sit at my desk and :2bong: all day.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

glompix posted:

Yeah, I just discovered Electric sheep from reading this thread and man is it amazing. Do you have 4 separate computers or is there a way to get it to show up on multiple monitors?

I would like to have it synchronized across all the monitors, but there isn't a good way to do it. That's two computers, dual monitors with each system, and InputDirector so I can use one mouse and keyboard for both of them.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

IsaacNewton posted:

You can synchronize the screen saver with synergy, its a setting. (screenSaverSync)

I switched to InputDirector, Synergy2 was giving me some wierd glitchiness.

Inverse Icarus posted:

edit: Before I slink off to the corner with monitor envy, I should note that I usually work from home and wasn't enough of an rear end to ask for several giant widescreen monitors I'd probably use maybe one day a week.

I didn't ask. :ssh:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

BloodDragyn posted:

legos on the desk

Thank you for reminding me what to do with the legos I have in my apartment. Now to get the many, many tubs of legos from my parents barn...

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Yoozer posted:

Own hosting, too, shot's a bit older.

poo poo man, are you Kali?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I'm tempted to steal the G15 off my boss' desk, since he's gone out in the field most of the time now anyway.

Except that it's bluetooth.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Dorm desk spotted!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

SNOT CORN posted:

Since when does logitech make a wireless G15? :confused:

Nevermind, it was a Bluetooth Desktop MX5000. :downs:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Currently living like poo poo.

Yay being a road warrior on occasion.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

nf posted:

Just got some new screens.

what mount is that?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Just got a new pair of monitors today, I love my employee discount!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Triikan posted:

Always keep a gun next to your mouse? What if you grab the wrong one? You'd look silly kinda silly clicking your mouse at an armed intruder.

Lowdez posted:

The gun there is quite disturbing ...
Same goes for the keyboard, have you ever tried to clean it ?

Rand McNally posted:

Jesus, your keyboard could use a Lysol wipedown though.

Is this better?

All Too Much For Me posted:

Then they get a face full of MX revolution.
drat right.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Spike McAwesome posted:

I don't have a current picture of my setup, and I'm moving soon.

I just moved, here is a more current picture!

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

edit: page 40 snipe

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
For the next three weeks, ugh...

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Golbez posted:

Since everyone else in this thread likes to share what desk they have: What hotel chain are you staying at? :)

Holiday Inn Express. Thank God the breakfast has a reasonable variety. I probably won't be here for 3 weeks, I'm good at what I do and will be done with this job site this week, so I'll go down to help another tech south of Tampa who was able to find a hotel on the beach that corporate would pay for. ;)

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Cleaned things up a bit and reorganized my work flow since I'm pretty much not going to be traveling from now on. Moved the 2nd monitor on the testbed PC on the left to the opposite corner of the cube for machine image testing.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I have a real office I have a real office gently caress my cube yaaaaay.

(Still have the cube, moving between our new deployment warehouse and corporate on an as-needed basis.)

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Did a cubicle purge, got rid of a lot of useless poo poo that had piled up, and rearranged things a little bit for more space.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Not looking forward to the day the wife wants to get around to replacing/decorating the computer room. She wants some goddamn massive wood monstrosity with a hutch on top to boot, and likely a cabinet spot for maximum computer overheating. Good luck finding a hutch that can handle dual 22-24" widescreen monitors, honey!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Does it give you a +3 Speed to first Godwin?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Man I really want a Legare L-corner but it's a long way off - gonna redo the office in hardwood first and gently caress that poo poo's expensive. =\

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Ergotron Dual LX is on the way...now to get that custom desk ordered this weekend. Can't freaking wait, I've been using a lovely tiny desk for the last five years.

Old and busted:

New hotness: soon!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Mierdaan posted:

What's the recommended model of desk-clamping monitor stand for supporting two 23" monitors? I know it's come up in here before.

I have an Ergotron Dual LX waiting in the closet for as soon as my custom desk arrives and is finished by the local shop. It's nice, even just sitting in the box. :D

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Oh man my custom desk arrived at the local place this weekend, gonna take them another couple of weeks to stain. Hurry up. :argh:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01 posted:

Old and busted:

New hotness:

not living like poo poo:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

MasterOfDemons posted:

Nice setup, have to ask, what kind of desk?

Custom order from a local place. Don't recall what manufacturer catalog we picked everything out of, sorry.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

ZTeamIsDead posted:

The floppy drive is just for decoration. :)

Does it whistle when your cpu usage spikes?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

ZTeamIsDead posted:

I would like to see my CPU usage being spiked, but my motherboard doesn't have a port for floppy drives. :shrug:

*cough*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnzw_i4YmKk

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
TF just get an Ergotron mount. I have a Dual LX and it owns, dual 24" wides and they haven't moved since I set it up months ago.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
New addition, borrowing a 360 to play GTAV.

It may look like i'm living like poo poo, but every cable is neatly coiled and velcro'd.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Made some adjustments to the desk I built for basement WFH, pretty happy with the arrangement now. I also added a footrest bar in the back, I like kicking up my feet.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
got tired of having the pc in my office at home just sit on the floor along with all the cables, so I fabricated a small shelf to hold it and used excessive amounts of Velcro to make everything tidy.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Please, I had everything already on hand. I’m not gonna spend $35+ on a mount when I can make it myself.

Then again, I realize who I am responding to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Work is remodeling and consolidating buildings so they told people to take home the extra chairs. Don’t mind if I do, I needed a proper office chair for this desk anyways since I moved my current one down to the basement desk.