Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Travic posted:

I was watching a video on Youtube and I saw this charming fellow:

Who is that? I think it's from an SNES fighting game, but that could be way off base. Whoever it is is buried far far down in my brain.

+ ?

But in all seriousness, I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The alternate color of Hothead in TMNT Tournament Fighters looks similar-ish.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Travic posted:

I was watching a video on Youtube and I saw this charming fellow:

Who is that? I think it's from an SNES fighting game, but that could be way off base. Whoever it is is buried far far down in my brain.

Pocky and rocky?

Also kinda looks like the sonic cartoon.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Reminds me of TMNT War

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zaodai posted:

The alternate color of Hothead in TMNT Tournament Fighters looks similar-ish.

Yeah I too was thinking Tournament Fighters, is that the right color?

Haha Crobot.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Retro Futurist posted:

Reminds me of TMNT War

Looks like you got it, but Armadon from Primal Rage has the right color scheme.

e: ignore my previous edit

vvv I don't like their new layout. vvv

Pneub fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Aug 19, 2016

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Pneub posted:

Looks like you got it, but Armadon from Primal Rage has the right color scheme.
http://imgur.com/a/a4uiF

e: Are [img] tags hosed up? Is it something to do with imgur?

you're linking to the imgur album page, not the image itself

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Retro Futurist posted:

Reminds me of TMNT War

That's him! Thank you very much. Now to go take a trip down memory lane.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Bass Concert Hall posted:

Strategy/adventure game, probably dating to the late 1990s.

The premise was that you were the captain of a starship that had been sent out from Earth to make alliances with other races, discover useful technologies, recover ancient artifacts, etcetera to try and build up Earth's ability to fend off an impending alien invasion. It was basically a game version of David Brin's Uplift series.

Uplift is the series with sapient dolphins, right? This is probably Project Nomad or Protostar.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 1, 2016

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
I remember an old Genesis game that was a platformer, and the main characters were red and blue, possibly round heads? I remember lots of brown and green landscape. It was the only other game we had for Genesis besides Sonic.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Gunstar Heroes, maybe? Do you remember anything more about the gameplay? Any particular settings? Notable events?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

InevitableCheese posted:

I remember an old Genesis game that was a platformer, and the main characters were red and blue, possibly round heads? I remember lots of brown and green landscape. It was the only other game we had for Genesis besides Sonic.

drat. The only thing I can think of is the Bonanza Bros. Probably not though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy5212dNUhI

pinacotheca
Oct 19, 2012

Events cast shadows before them, but the huger shadows creep over us unseen.
Wiz 'n' Liz?

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

No, it was very bright and cartoony. I remember the red and blue being helmets, hence the round heads. And I'm not sure if my 5 year old opinion matters, but the game was really hard to me. I feel like on the cartridge, blue was on the left and closer to the "camera" and red was right side and more in the foreground.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mega Twins maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fxp1I338mo

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Looks like that was it! It's not exactly as I remember, but I still remember that crystal boss being a pain in the rear end.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Gameboy color game. You played as what I remember as yoshi, but wasn't. Looked just like him. Was a sidescrolling platformer. There were these bullshit logs falling down rapids that you had to jump across.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

djw175 posted:

Gameboy color game. You played as what I remember as yoshi, but wasn't. Looked just like him. Was a sidescrolling platformer. There were these bullshit logs falling down rapids that you had to jump across.

Could it be the gbc game

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

djw175 posted:

Gameboy color game.

Acne Rain posted:

Could it be the gbc game

what

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Meant the "Gex" game for gbc
not sure how that happened

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

djw175 posted:

was it Croc or Croc 2? i think the first was more sidescrolly

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm trying to remember this ps1 which is basically a bunch of shooting minigames. Had a short and a tall guy and I think they're cowboys? I remember a game where you had to shoot a train that was coming towards you.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm trying to remember this ps1 which is basically a bunch of shooting minigames. Had a short and a tall guy and I think they're cowboys? I remember a game where you had to shoot a train that was coming towards you.

Point Blank? (or PB2 or PB3)

Bunch of shooting minigames starring Bert and Ernie, sounds like it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Zaphod42 posted:

Point Blank? (or PB2 or PB3)

Bunch of shooting minigames starring Bert and Ernie, sounds like it.

Oh thank you. God bless this thread.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I'm trying to remember a SNES driving game:

It was a first person driving game where you were a cop or bounty hunter taking down criminal drivers. I distinctly remember each level starting with a sort of police computer screen with a bounty on the level's target. I think you had to manage fuel as well as avoiding hitting traffic

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

OneDeadman posted:

I'm trying to remember a SNES driving game:

It was a first person driving game where you were a cop or bounty hunter taking down criminal drivers. I distinctly remember each level starting with a sort of police computer screen with a bounty on the level's target. I think you had to manage fuel as well as avoiding hitting traffic

One of the Chase HQ games?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Zaodai posted:

One of the Chase HQ games?

Looks like it. Thanks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What was the name of that arcade game that was kind of similar to the Chase HQ sequel but it was two player and one got to do the driving and one got to do the shooting?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Lucky & Wild?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's it, cheers

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Game Gear game, sidescroller beat em up similar to NES Batman except you play as a hero detective, complete with fedora and trenchcoat, going up against the mob. I think it takes place in Chicago. No idea time period, maybe the 40s?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

Game Gear game, sidescroller beat em up similar to NES Batman except you play as a hero detective, complete with fedora and trenchcoat, going up against the mob. I think it takes place in Chicago. No idea time period, maybe the 40s?

Dunno about Game Gear but that kinda sounds like Avenging Spirit for the Gameboy.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Skunkrocker posted:

Chicago Syndicate. The player is Larcen from Eternal Champions, the Sega Genesis fighting game.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Wamdoodle posted:

Chicago Syndicate. The player is Larcen from Eternal Champions, the Sega Genesis fighting game.

That's him?! Holy gently caress, I didn't know that. Thanks friend!

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Trying to help someone remember a game but I didn't play much SHMUPS in the 90's. This was a mid 1990's vertical SHMUP that was set in space, colorful, and the 1st boss (or at least an early boss) turned into a snake or was snake like. Any ideas? She had an NES, SNES, and Genesis so possibly for one of those systems.

EDIT: there was a second one where you were inside a small rocket navigating maz-ish level. You had pick up fuel, but avoid hitting the walls. there were turrets? on the walls occasionally shooting at you. I can picture this one but can't remember the name.

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 17, 2016

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PSWII60 posted:

Trying to help someone remember a game but I didn't play much SHMUPS in the 90's. This was a mid 1990's vertical SHMUP that was set in space, colorful, and the 1st boss (or at least an early boss) turned into a snake or was snake like. Any ideas? She had an NES, SNES, and Genesis so possibly for one of those systems.

EDIT: there was a second one where you were inside a small rocket navigating maz-ish level. You had pick up fuel, but avoid hitting the walls. there were turrets? on the walls occasionally shooting at you. I can picture this one but can't remember the name.

The second one is probably Solar Jetman for the NES

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

PSWII60 posted:

This was a mid 1990's vertical SHMUP that was set in space, colorful, and the 1st boss (or at least an early boss) turned into a snake or was snake like.

Could simply be the classic R-Type.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

westborn posted:

Could simply be the classic R-Type.

vertical tho

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

PSWII60 posted:

Life Force for NES alternated horizontal/vertical levels and had a big snake on the cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Thank you guys. Solar Jetman was absolutely it. And R-type looks like it might have been it, based on the reaction when I showed it to her. She think she might have misremembered that it was vertical instead of horizontal Lifeforce looked good to her but she played a lot of gradius as a kid.