Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GaoGaoStegosaurus
Apr 24, 2008
I've been looking for a game for years; kudos to anyone who can name it:

It was a PC pre-Windows overhead-view vector graphics multiplayer 'tank' game. Your tank was a triangle. You could buy weapons at the end each level, such as spread-shot, etc. It could be played with at least two players using the same keyboard. There were computer controlled players that could be added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaoGaoStegosaurus
Apr 24, 2008

Rudger posted:

Scorched Earth?

Nice try, but the game I'm thinking of was very different to Scorched Earth or QBasic Bananas.

It was an overhead view, played in real time. The thanks were triangles, and shot little white blocks. However, like Scorched Earth, you could add computer players or buy upgrades at a shop.

I curse this thread for making me think about this game again; I'm effectively non-functional until I know what it's called.

GaoGaoStegosaurus
Apr 24, 2008

Social Animal posted:

The game was set in like a pacman style maze. You moved a triangle around that shot bullets and you fought against another triangle who did the same. Ancient game, probably very early 90s if not very late 80s.

Speaking of which I wonder if this is the same game that GaoGaoStegosaurus is thinking of.

Yup. This is the one. I would dearly love to fire her up once again for some triangle-action.

At least I now have an ally in my quest.

GaoGaoStegosaurus
Apr 24, 2008

Social Animal posted:

My friend, I have found it. Destruction Zone: http://www.digitalscores.com/dzone/

Let me know if that's the one. It's a little underwhelming though since it's not exactly how I remembered it. I get the feeling that it might not be the right game but it is.

Well done! I am delighted; the quest has come to an end.

GaoGaoStegosaurus fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Aug 23, 2008