Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

If you get a chance, I updated the image with a strider, I couldn't resist when Sneaky Monkey suggested it:

Sneaky Monkey posted:

Can there be a strider walking around the base? I can't think of how to Goon-ify it, though.

I'll be back in a few minutes with an anchoring base for the guys who want cables to put in their submissions.

Also, that strider was shamelessly taken from someone else's submission that I found in the combined version. Whoever the original artist is, I'd like your permission to use that in my picture. If not I can take it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Juice
Dec 28, 2003
resurrected

Shakra posted:

Here is this:

http://omgitsart.s3.amazonaws.com/combined010.png

When I get home I'll add the turtle, the pyramids, Waldos and the random people.

There's also a dead end next to the new Fallout tile, behind the Citadel. Guess this could be on purpose, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Never mind, the dead end is all around that block, so it can't be on purpose.

Zombie Quail
Apr 12, 2008

We are a synoptic, apostolic, folk-gospel denomination, and we are a ministry that meets in people's homes.
There seems to be a lot of street items missing from the newest version. I know its just a mock-up though. Do you have a folder going with all the submissions to make a final copy at the end?

Edit: nvm, I'm blind

Not necessarily if it is a gif with a transparent shadow layer.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Zombie Quail fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 15, 2008

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Angelwolf posted:

As awesome as the citadel looks, doesn't it need a shadow? I mean, I know it might look a bit odd having a huge-assed shadow stretching across the city but it also looks a bit strange without it.

Yea, but this means that giant rear end shadow would have to be drawn over a bunch of buildings. And since the city is most likely to be reorganized at least a few times before it is finalized, a shadow for the Citadel will have to wait until just before the finalization of the buildings affected by the shadow.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

sov68n posted:

Yea, but this means that giant rear end shadow would have to be drawn over a bunch of buildings. And since the city is most likely to be reorganized at least a few times before it is finalized, a shadow for the Citadel will have to wait until just before the finalization of the buildings affected by the shadow.

Wouldn't having the shadow as a layer help with that? v:)v (I dont know, I used paint for all my submissions)

edit:

VVVVVVV Got'cha

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 15, 2008

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Angelwolf posted:

Wouldn't having the shadow as a layer help with that? v:)v (I dont know, I used paint for all my submissions)

No, what I mean is that if a shadow goes over a building, the shadow has to be customized to go over the building correctly, otherwise it just looks weird.

Zombie Quail
Apr 12, 2008

We are a synoptic, apostolic, folk-gospel denomination, and we are a ministry that meets in people's homes.

sov68n posted:

No, what I mean is that if a shadow goes over a building, the shadow has to be customized to go over the building correctly, otherwise it just looks weird.

We can just have the OP reorganize so the shadow only goes over field lots.

Sneaky Monkey
Jan 12, 2007

Beware of Hug Ninja. Trespassers will be hugged.

Welp. That guy's screwed.

Any advise anyone? I'm happy with it now, but recommendations, especially regarding shading, are appreciated.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Sneaky Monkey posted:

Welp. That guy's screwed.

Any advise anyone? I'm happy with it now, but recommendations, especially regarding shading, are appreciated.

Have a line of guys in orange vests ready to jump in the pit, with guards nearby holding guns in case any of them try to run.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I did the best I could on this but I still think it could use some cleanup. Feel free to do that if that's your thing.

Mainly the curb on the ramps for the side corners needs work. Also none of the sidewalk lines lined up properly (except at the top) and the 2:1 was actually off by a pixel on the right side (of the original roads/intersection). And of course the center could use something, as well as a bunch of confusing-rear end arrows and signs.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
:siren: If you want a cable, put this on the roof of your building. :siren:

Repost your edited submission when you're done.

Here is the image that will determine the layout of the cables:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Deutsch Nozzle fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 15, 2008

Thriftwood
Dec 13, 2005

Roflex posted:

I did the best I could on this but I still think it could use some cleanup. Feel free to do that if that's your thing.

Mainly the curb on the ramps for the side corners needs work. Also none of the sidewalk lines lined up properly (except at the top) and the 2:1 was actually off by a pixel on the right side (of the original roads/intersection). And of course the center could use something, as well as a bunch of confusing-rear end arrows and signs.

There should be some sort of statue in the middle.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Thriftwood posted:

There should be some sort of statue in the middle.

I figure it could go at more than one intersection, so I left it mostly empty. Think of it as another template rather than a submission.

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

Here is my simple addition. I was trying to go for something like "Danger: Goon Medics" on the side, just didn't turn out right.

Can I do anything to improve it?

Nurse Fanny fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 15, 2008

Freelancepolice
Apr 8, 2008
My work in progress

Not sure what it is, a zombie store I guess

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

JonoT45 posted:

Can I do anything to improve it?

Troll: Don't use photobucket.

Serious: Shorten the patient cab, it's waaayyy too long. Go find a picture of an ambulance on Google to compare it to.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Freelancepolice posted:

My work in progress

Do you think you could make it into the zombie in scanning room from HL: Opposing Force?

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

sov68n posted:

Troll: Don't use photobucket.

Serious: Shorten the patient cab, it's waaayyy too long. Go find a picture of an ambulance on Google to compare it to.

My excuse is that it's a Type-I ambulance they have really long modular compartments, plus it would be super tough. Also, swapped from photobucket.

Nurse Fanny fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 15, 2008

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Oh. I guess it just looks really weird since I'm used to stubbier ambulances in my area.

Freelancepolice
Apr 8, 2008

Boiled Water posted:

Do you think you could make it into the zombie in scanning room from HL: Opposing Force?

I can't remember that bit, what was it exactly and I can try something.

Scribbleboy
Mar 26, 2007
This is not a custom title
I started a pet island, but I'm rubbish at buildings so if anyone wants to make one to put in it..

I'm going to add some more animals tomorrow and add some people in there

Click here for the full 846x440 image.

Edit: I'm also going to make a gate/bridge tomorrow I think.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

JonoT45 posted:

My excuse is that it's a Type-I ambulance they have really long modular compartments, plus it would be super tough. Also, swapped from photobucket.

Also, its an ambulance for goons. :haw:

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Rose posted:

I started a pet island, but I'm rubbish at buildings so if anyone wants to make one to put in it..

Needs giraffes:

vanilla wafer
Jun 25, 2007
Rodent's Revenge anyone? :v:

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Clayren posted:

Needs giraffes:

Or T-Rexs in Raptors taxiing onto a runway ready to launch a strike against the Stegosauruses.

Bog Chef
Apr 20, 2004

make me a pizza with toileto toppings
[Edit - restarted CS2 and it cleared itself up]

Bog Chef fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 15, 2008

Zombie Quail
Apr 12, 2008

Here is my thing with a support structure for the citadel. I altered it slightly to be a roof for a shack. Hope it still works for you.

Stevie D
Mar 2, 2008

by Ozma

Freelancepolice posted:

My work in progress

It reminds me of the office in Re-Animator that had a two-way mirror looking into the zombie-dad's asylum/cell. But because that's inside, maybe you could change it into a zombie "zoo," where people would look in the mirror with a kiosk and kids with balloons and a ticket counter, although of course in the back would need to be a hole in the building of a kid getting his legs bitten off by a zombie cat and a mad scientist/John Kerry look-a-like zombie who's been decapitated and holding his head in a medical tray (that would incorporate some Re-Animator stuff). GIS Re-Animator if you don't know what I'm imagining.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Bog Chef: Mine sure don't do that, and I'm using CS2 as well. I'd try re-importing them?

Still hugely in-progress, McLowtax:

People: Added! I might throw in some Fry Guys milling around looking distraught too. I'm not happy with how any of them look except Hamburglar, though. Birdie I'll probably redraw since it isn't obvious she's been shot and is currently bleeding to death. Hamburglar will probably be stealing a car when I decide to draw a car.

Still need to add the door, brick textures (I would have done that awhile ago but it proved difficult, so I gave up), the white things on the roof, and generally more details/make the place look trashier. Also add seats to the interior.

Man, this is time consuming but fun.

Freelancepolice
Apr 8, 2008
I like the zombie zoo idea, I'll go with that.

BiznatchMcFiznach
Oct 11, 2004

A robot isn't just for Christmas, it's for life.

Shakra posted:

This is just :awesome:

It scares me how well that emote and your avatar go together... This is going to beyond amazing, and I love that every goon, no matter how little, can contribute here. B-E-A-Utiful. Amazing work for such little time.

Will try to knock up some more/finish the X-Files tomorrow, and look forward to expansion!

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
Suggestions:
-A blue Tron light cycle cutting off the red one
-The giant bed is clipped by the street.
-a Crackhead Clubhouse
-Fan's throwing poo poo on the field at the stadium

I have a Macbook with no mouse so I'm not going to attempt to make anything. But this thing looks awesome.

Sneaky Monkey
Jan 12, 2007

Beware of Hug Ninja. Trespassers will be hugged.
I made a traffic controller for the traffic circle

I don't think he understands how traffic works.

Dammit I am so addicted to these now.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Something seems off about all the shadows in the water areas. The ones that overlap onto something else are tinted blue like on the boat near Godzilla or the patch of land near the giant head.

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

Roflex posted:

I want to use this but it needs to have corners that fit the building plots.

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

Rose posted:

Give the island some land on the outside of the fence too, make it look like it's rising out of the water a bit you know?

CatholicSoulTrain
Oct 27, 2006

Updated. No Photoshop, so this too much too long in MSPaint.

Click here for the full 1152x698 image.

The road should work now, if it doesn't let me know.

Coleridge49
May 8, 2007
If I'm going to make some traffic lights and poo poo, are we going to decide on a location?

Just saying, for a sense of consistency all traffic lights and signs will need to be Australian/American/European/Whatever.

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

Coleridge49 posted:

If I'm going to make some traffic lights and poo poo, are we going to decide on a location?

Just saying, for a sense of consistency all traffic lights and signs will need to be Australian/American/European/Whatever.

All of the above... on each corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Starting on a GoonU or maybe Goon Junior College. Any ideas to make it great?
This is the start of a dorm maybe?

Click here for the full 1246x730 image.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 15, 2008