Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

Gambl0r posted:

I had this idea last night when there were some free spaces around Dunder Mifflin... now that area is filled! If this could be placed somewhere in that general area it would make the most sense:

edit to include sidewalk border:

Lol this is awesome. Fridge magnets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc

Evilreaver posted:

Whew.

Click here for the full 1246x730 image.

How often do you say "I'mma go make some Art" and when you're done you say "drat, that looks EXACTLY how I envisioned it!"? This was an amazing amount of fun but I'm stuck- if I had a way to add trash around everything on the ground it would be a huge help and I still have a lot of open space. Ideas?

Has this been overlooked or is it not done yet?

AtomicSX
Jan 10, 2007
This thread is turning out great guys, keep up the great work. Just a suggestion for those implementing shadows, do we already have a standard lighting angle? I noticed a couple buildings with shadows near each other that had different angled shadows, so I was just wondering.

I'll try my luck at making a pixel art jet / copter for that goon airbase soon!

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

el Trentoro posted:

Has this been overlooked or is it not done yet?

He was asking about adding more stuff so I assume it isn't done.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Yea, not quite. I'm gonna do my damnedest to get the other bots in there, and maybe a windmill. The cable anchor is way too big for anything there so I'm gonna have to pass on that.

mp3bc posted:

This thread is turning out great guys, keep up the great work. Just a suggestion for those implementing shadows, do we already have a standard lighting angle? I noticed a couple buildings with shadows near each other that had different angled shadows, so I was just wondering.

I'll try my luck at making a pixel art jet / copter for that goon airbase soon!

We have a standard (from bottom right), but like all goon pixel art it's a "suggestion" and not a "rule". We're not high-caliber artists who can afford to accurately calculate each aspect of our works, and most of it is impromptu awesome anyway.

VVV That's exactly the problem :arghfist: VVV

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 15, 2008

NotJust4Breakfast
Feb 13, 2002

Sweet but Crude

Shakra posted:

He was asking about adding more stuff so I assume it isn't done.

He should add a 2-pixel cockroach too.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Rose posted:

I started a pet island, but I'm rubbish at buildings so if anyone wants to make one to put in it..

I'm going to add some more animals tomorrow and add some people in there

Click here for the full 846x440 image.

Edit: I'm also going to make a gate/bridge tomorrow I think.

Needs more cats.

"Release...the kitties!"

Okay, so that needs to be a tropical island for that to work.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Bored posted:

Needs more cats.

"Release...the kitties!"

Okay, so that needs to be a tropical island for that to work.

Oh my god, that would be amazingly funny as an addition to the island. Hell, even as a standalone, Deathklok's Home for Wayward Kitties would be a site to behold.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Not too happy with having to make the corners poke out like that but I had to to make it fit and still look like cars could go around it.

Gambl0r
Dec 25, 2003

LOCAL MAN
RUINS
EVERYTHING
The google map interface has the updated map from the OP and now supports zooming! Eventually I can hand off this to someone who has more time to code the add/edit points interface.

FyRe
Jul 28, 2003

I gotta stop laughing or I'll run out of room.
just a suggestion: do we really need one block per entry? There are definitely ways we can consolidate multiple entries into one block like alot of the open-air events, we can just seperate them by a fence or trees or we can space out buildings enough so that nothing is hidden but still on same block..

duck pond
Sep 13, 2007

Goon City needs more Achewood.

All fuzzy little tail on the ambulance
Ambulance all employing the principles of hopping instead of rolling

duck pond fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 15, 2008

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I updated the Tron one a bit.

Also here's a new one, although I'm not all that happy with it. If anyone wants to mess with it feel free to do so.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Criticism? Otherwise it's done. I used the dog from a pixel people sheet someone posted earlier, hopefully they don't mind.

edit vvvv fixed I think

Big Ink fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 15, 2008

Zombie Quail
Apr 12, 2008

We are a synoptic, apostolic, folk-gospel denomination, and we are a ministry that meets in people's homes.

Big Ink posted:

Criticism? Otherwise it's done. I used the dog from a pixel people sheet someone posted earlier, hopefully they don't mind.

Your roof is off-center

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ok, I got Photobucket to agree with me again. Here are the most up to date track sections I have. Someone(prefferably the OP, since he can test them out in Goon Town) please download them and try them out to make sure they are the right size, etc. etc. The track sections should overlap if you place one in a layer over the other, with the crossroads sections in the highest layers.

Also, OP, can you please put the train car template in the OP so that people will se it more? I'd like to get at least two, but maybe as many as 4 trains going through Goon Town, so we'll be needing alot of cars and quite a few engines.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Just noticed that in the latest one, the plane above the cornfield down in the corner looks to have been covered up by the stadium.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

I don't have access to anything other then mspaint on this laptop so I have no way of making the purple transparent. Other then that It's done.

(Goes on a water tile of course)

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

Roflex posted:

Not too happy with having to make the corners poke out like that but I had to to make it fit and still look like cars could go around it.

Roundabouts only need room for 1 car so the road could be a little smaller in the middle part, that way the corners don't overlap. Sorry about making you redo it but I can't use the roads if buildings can't go around them :)

Shakra fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 15, 2008

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

Gambl0r posted:

The google map interface has the updated map from the OP and now supports zooming! Eventually I can hand off this to someone who has more time to code the add/edit points interface.

Holy poo poo this is wonderful.

Hunkty Krunkty
Jun 13, 2007

Through this stance, you channel the quiet dignity of a circus clown in the midst of a thunderstorm.
We need some legos of course:

Silenceofthehams
May 2, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ok, I think I'm done. I'm pretty happy with it.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Click here for the full 1246x730 image.

Added two more bots and Hal (The cockroach :v: ), a dirt mound, and while I'm still annoyed at the open space I don't really have anything to fill it with, every time I try to make a mound of garbage it looks like crap.

...and not in the way I intend, either. I'd be crazy grateful if someone could build a trash heap with the famous fridge buried in it, but other than that I'm satisfied; I've reached diminishing returns on the effort:output ratio.

As far as location goes, I'd prefer something near the center, like where the Portal Bridge is- but my big plot's gonna get in the way. But I'm more than happy that I got in on this project!

Edit: oo, near the pyramids!

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 15, 2008

I7esperado
Feb 28, 2008

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

Abgekshun posted:

I updated the Tron one a bit.

Man, if you could make a blue one cutting this one off at the next intersection it'd be the most awesome tron reference in the city.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
The Citadel has received a new paint job, hope you guys like the new look.

Also redid the tunnel at the bottom and stuck Gordon Freeman in it, so now it's in tune with the beginning of "Our Benefactors" (for those who played HL2).

edit: Updated original unveiling of this submission, this post no longer needs the picture.

Deutsch Nozzle fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 15, 2008

Theseus
Jan 15, 2008

All I know is if there is a God, he's laughin' his ass off.

Rattus Amicus posted:

Click here for the full 1155x905 image.

Probably gonna improve it at some point, maybe add some zombies. The size or height will not change though.

Is this...is this a 28 days later reference? I think I love you. :awesome:

Butta
Jul 11, 2006

Did someone say "chimichanga"? Never mind, that was just the sound of my skull and brains healing.

Mello Clello posted:

Goon City needs more Achewood.

All fuzzy little tail on the ambulance
Ambulance all employing the principles of hopping instead of rolling

You rule!

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

Here's another one. It's the Manapult from MGS4 and Naked Snake from MGS3. I used part of the city hall for the wall and the grass template. I hope its ok.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Fixed guy being launched.

I was thinking that maybe the guys could be launched onto the pillow on the bed. Maybe?

Nurse Fanny fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 15, 2008

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.

Christo posted:

I don't have access to anything other then mspaint on this laptop so I have no way of making the purple transparent. Other then that It's done.

(Goes on a water tile of course)

This isn't getting enough love, and it deserves so much.

torsloke
Feb 17, 2005

Shakra posted:

Holy poo poo this is wonderful.
You're really a champ for being so accommodating to all the requests. Now that I have the flattery out of the way... can you fix the biplane in my North by Northwest field? You dropped Sports Argument Stadium on top of it. Thanks!

I'd also like to reserve a riverfront quad for an in-progress (and probably overly ambitious) opus, please.

This is seriously the most awesome thing in the history of things.

torsloke
Feb 17, 2005

JonoT45 posted:

Here's another one. It's the Manapult from MGS4 and Naked Snake from MGS3. I used part of the city hall for the wall and the grass template. I hope its ok.

Any suggestions?

The airborne guy looks like he's atop the column.

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

I'm about ready to go to bed. I'll post everything updated tomorrow morning.. 10 hours from now or so. Good job so far on everything everyone, its really turning out rad. Time to go finish watching womens gymnastics!

Erluk
Nov 11, 2007

"If you can't beat 'em, STRANGLE 'EM"

sov68n posted:

:siren: If you want a cable, put this on the roof of your building. :siren:

Repost your edited submission when you're done.

Here is the image that will determine the layout of the cables:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Here is a new one with a anchor, it looks like it fits alright.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Here's an update on the military base. Once I get 2-3 buildings up the top of the base, I'll start doing smaller details such as signs or graffiti and other random happenstances.

Click here for the full 1399x664 image.

The tanks and jet are shamelessly taken from the internet, until a goon makes some (if they wish)

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Here is a sidewalk addition:

Medic/Heavy

A close up (on the sidewalk template):

If you want, I can finish the rest of the team.

Syst3m
Sep 11, 2001

I hate shadows! Someone give me some pointers?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

EDI:^^^ The best way that I could come up with to do shadows, was to take the image to be shadowed, color the whole thing black, then slowly offset the image, two pixels at a time, in the direction you wanted. If you look at the shadows in the rails that I posted further up the page, you can see that that's exactly what I did for the support posts.

If you want a more detailed set of instructions, I can whip up a really quick guide tomorrow, when I've had a chance to get some sleep.

Fors Yard posted:

If you want, I can finish the rest of the team.

Ha, that's awesome. I'd recommend making the rest of them, one of each type and color, then having a deathmatch for them all in a lot. Who was doing the TF2 map lot again? Maybe instead of a lot, they could be running around town doing other things. For example, you could have a blue spy stalking those two, while the heavy mows down a pyro, or something?

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Here is my work in progress. I am having some difficulties in adding pipes that look quite right among the ground. Also, I am aware the fence is a little off on the bottom left. Anybody have any ideas that I can add? The only thing that I can think of is "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!" from White Heat, then again I wonder how many people would get the reference...