Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I did the best I could on this but I still think it could use some cleanup. Feel free to do that if that's your thing.

Mainly the curb on the ramps for the side corners needs work. Also none of the sidewalk lines lined up properly (except at the top) and the 2:1 was actually off by a pixel on the right side (of the original roads/intersection). And of course the center could use something, as well as a bunch of confusing-rear end arrows and signs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Thriftwood posted:

There should be some sort of statue in the middle.

I figure it could go at more than one intersection, so I left it mostly empty. Think of it as another template rather than a submission.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Not too happy with having to make the corners poke out like that but I had to to make it fit and still look like cars could go around it.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

Ok, I got Photobucket to agree with me again. Here are the most up to date track sections I have. Someone(prefferably the OP, since he can test them out in Goon Town) please download them and try them out to make sure they are the right size, etc. etc. The track sections should overlap if you place one in a layer over the other, with the crossroads sections in the highest layers.

Also, OP, can you please put the train car template in the OP so that people will se it more? I'd like to get at least two, but maybe as many as 4 trains going through Goon Town, so we'll be needing alot of cars and quite a few engines.

These are bothering me so much. The rail looks like it's only a few feet off the ground despite how high the poles are.

EDIT: I was having a hard time describing what I mean so I diagrammed it:

The length of track within a tile should be the same as the red lines. You're showing a lot of track that isn't over the tile and not showing a lot that is.

Xerol fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 15, 2008

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Continuing with the intersection theme:

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Want to have some sort of block-producing factory in the back, and in the front a truck taking completed lines off to the rocket site.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Shakra posted:

Updated city. Let me know if I missed anything but I should have it all.

WALDO MOVED

I don't see either of my road tiles being used.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

http://xerol.org/h/img/1343

http://xerol.org/h/img/1340

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

For people working with Paint and/or not able to work out transparency in their editor:

-Get IrfanView.
-Copy/paste the image from Paint into IV.
-Hit S to save, check the "show options dialog" box, select PNG, check the "Save transparent color" box.
-A little window pops up. Click somewhere in the white area.

Note that if you're using pure white anywhere else it'll also become transparent, so either don't use pure white or fill in the outside area with another color (magneta (255, 0, 255) is typically used for this).

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

AIM/Email me if you need large file hosting, my site has a 10mb individual file limit.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I use a lot of guidelines. To make a circle fit OUTSIDE a box, draw lines out from opposite corners and then draw the ellipse between them.

(Not shown here)

The inside circle takes some experimentation but guidelines can still help, since you need to draw from points equal distances from the edges of the box. Here I marked every fifth 2x1 segment in blue and the ones I drew the inside circle between in cyan.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Except in paint you don't draw from the center, you draw from corner to corner, which is why I used the method I did.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

For anyone who has this problem(and anyone who downloads the templates will), hit CTRL+A, CTRL+C, open a new paint window, then hit CTRL+V.

Problem solved.

Alternatively, file->save as... a new file and select "24-bit bitmap" as the file type.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

There's also a strange dithered oval over the Rubik's cube.

Also my traffic circles seem to have vanished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

General Ripper posted:

East Goon City is mostly done, but I've burned out on it so I want to post it and see if people want to add stuff. But the PNG file is 3400x2300 (roughly) so waffleimages won't accept it. Is there anything else similar that won't have that restriction?

For now I uploaded it to tinypic but that resizes it, so this is just a preview.

http://i38.tinypic.com/wsaf02.jpg

In the meantime, I whipped this up for the monorail:

oh wait never mind, now waffleimages isn't accepting images.

Contact me.